rllmuk
Harrisown

NFL 2019!

Josh Allen proving he’s a legit quarterback today. So much spring in the step of the bills. The bengals defense have been on the field almost alllllll afternoon while Allen just chips away almost like practice.

On 16/09/2019 at 17:15, BabelRich said:

Bad news for Saints and Steelers. Could be end of seasons and careers with the Brees and Rothles injuries. 

Brees out for 6 weeks apparently.

On 16/09/2019 at 18:58, McFly said:

Saints have Teddy Bridgewater as thier back up iirc? He'll be rusty but i think he'll be able to keep them going with Kamaras help. 

Turns out they score most of their touchdowns on defence anyway!  He played a solid game against us (Seahawks), they were lucky, but then we weeren't playing all that well.  First Hawks loss at home in Sept in a long time, we were 15-0..

Love that pose with the fans thing at the Cowboys posted above.  That sort of tech in the NFL makes me oh so much more frustrated at the abysmal NFL Gamepass app on Xbox One.  Last year it was hit or miss as to whether it opened or errored, often needing closed and reopened half a dozen times.  This year, that seems to be sorted, but there is only 1 way to fast forward, and if, like me, you need to sleep / have a kid and a normal full time job, fitting a whole game in once the kid is in bed doesn't work for me, so often it's half a game a night, then hold the R trigger for about 5 minutes to slowly forward to where we were.

With all Saints and all Seahawks games being watched in my house, it's a chore!

The fantasy app has always been shit and somehow gets worse every year.

Was snooping around Seahawks ground, (Qwest field?) last year. Right in the town centre and must be buzzing on gameday. Such insane amounts of merch available at their shop too.

• Upvote 1

Big one for the Bills tonight. I have a sneaky feeling the Bills have got the wind in their sails this time. We never ever beat the patriots with Brady but today could be the day the tables turn.

Unfortunately I have blackout so I've got to get a 24 hour pass from Now TV. They raised their prices to £9.99 :O

I was ok with 5.99 or 8.99 even but 9.99 is annoying...

Dolphins have a first quarter lead :omg:

Imagine the ignominy if your team lost to this Miami rabble... You’d have to petition the team be shutdown, stadium demolished and assets sold to baseball.

Edit: Chargers lead :hmm:

Really hope that’s the start of a memorable season for Cleveland; few US cities as mad about sport with such scant reward.

16 hours ago, glb said:

Dolphins have a first quarter lead :omg:

Imagine the ignominy if your team lost to this Miami rabble... You’d have to petition the team be shutdown, stadium demolished and assets sold to baseball.

Edit: Chargers lead :hmm:

This theory will be tested in a couple of weeks when the Skins lose to them. 

We are historically awful. At least Miami have the excuse they’re trying to lose. 

• Empathy 1

Nah, this season should see teams automatically banned if they lose to the Fish. The London Monarchs would put 20+ points on them and they don’t even exist anymore.

• Upvote 1

Glad to see Burfect pinged out on suspension for the rest of the season. The hit he did was dangerous, unnecessary  and worst of all, completely in character for the guy. Ran off the field laughing and bowing to the crowd. I’d not be sad if he never took to the field again.

• Upvote 6

Yeah spot on. I'm surprised hes still in the league, i can only assume hes a big locker-room guy, but i cant help feeling hes a total twat.

1 hour ago, McFly said:

Yeah spot on. I'm surprised hes still in the league, i can only assume hes a big locker-room guy, but i cant help feeling hes a total twat.

He is the Raiders bloody defensive captain. Even though this is the 200th time he has fucked up he will probably win his appeal and get a reduced suspension because NFL.

Off to Raiders Bears today. Probably going to be 0-3 for me watching the Raiders live. Nice to take a look at the Spuds ground though. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Seen both Bears (v Titans) and Raifers (v Tampa). Bears fansbwere great and had fun chatting to some girrls. My aboding memory of Tampa fans is a guy who had a massive model galleon hat on all game.

Fuuuuuuuuuk, Bears asleep in the first half, but woke up for the second only to be beaten at the death.  Cracking TD Jump by the Raiders!

Exciting game for sure.

On a shitty note where has SkySportsMix, and Redzone along with it gone? :(

Is it a”Black Out” to get ratings up for live London games ?

Anyway, Raiders finally dein to win in my presence. Great day out, and amazing stadium. There. I’ve said it. Damn Spuds.

• Downvote 1

9 hours ago, McFly said:

Exciting game for sure.

On a shitty note where has SkySportsMix, and Redzone along with it gone? :(

The channel has been moved on Sky to 145.

DC fire Gruden.

it needed to happen but it doesn’t help the root cause of the ineptness which, unfortunately, is the guy doing the firing (and the guy doing the roster building to a slightly lesser extent). 

Seriously think the Phins will obviously and observably  have to throw the game next week to lose. 

14 hours ago, mrben09 said:

Is it a”Black Out” to get ratings up for live London games ?

Anyway, Raiders finally dein to win in my presence. Great day out, and amazing stadium. There. I’ve said it. Damn Spuds.

Really confused why my last two posts in this thread have garnered negs. If I've offended anyone I apologise, but some explanation would be useful. 

Unrelated: Apparently Gruden is coming to Oakland, for obvious reasons. Can't say I'm massively happy should that come about. Our offence needs work, but not from him.

• Upvote 1

Horrible KO of Steeler qb Mason Rudolph :wacko:

I wish sky had left thwir main sunday highlights as they were

13 hours ago, OnionNon said:

@mrben09 what’s it like around the ground, much there to see and do before the game for fans? I’ll be there for Sunday’s game. 

Around the ground it's slightly different to Wembley, with them not having the space to have the "tailgate" zones, and Wembley way etc. So basically, they have some buses and basic entertainment (QB competitions, kids races, etc) out on the High Road, and from what I saw some plaza type space with food trucks and bars at the front and back ( I say back but not massively sure of the layout, so around gates 18-22). Maybe others had a different experience but my take was, outside was not quite the destination event as Wembley. 

Decent pub for pre match beer if you don't have kids with you, called Bar 8 (or something 8), just by the Stadium. Big beer garden out the back, and we managed to see all 32 shirts!

Inside the ground for me is where it really takes off. Plenty of space to move about, loads of bars and food outlets on the ground floor. Our seats were up on level 5, and service and availability of facilities was poor in comparison. My wife waited nearly 20 mins to buy some crisps ! That said up to 4 years ago I was standing at a half time bar in Upton Park that was 20 ft across serving all the top tier of the South stand, so things have moved on ! I don't think there is a bad seat in the ground, except maybe right up the top of the high stand behind one of the ends. You can tell it was built with this type of game in mind. I did read some reviews saying the seats were small. I didn't think that was the case and it was comparable with my seat in the Olympic Stadium. 

Looking to get a blog up later today. Includes the Raiders Squid !

EDIT Blog up https://mrben09.com/2019/10/08/chicago-bears-at-oakland-raiders-nfl-06-10-2019/

• Upvote 2

Here's a little look at the stadium on Friday, since I'm passing by the thread. It's surprising how much of a difference in feel the pitch position makes, it's about 6 foot higher than the footy one but somehow makes the stadium feel a lot tighter around it than usual.

raidersetup.jpg

• Upvote 4

Catching up on the Monday night game, the 49ers didn't just beat the Browns they smashed them. Sorry to kiroquai but as a neutral after watching all the preseason hype,  its pretty funny watching Baker and Beckham Jr get stomped on in classic Browns fashion. The 49ers on the other hand look a real handful. Their game next week vs the Rams should be a belter.