rllmuk
Harrisown

NFL 2019!

On 09/09/2019 at 03:09, glb said:

Phins will do something daft like win 17-10. And then lose each week, including their bye, for the rest of the season.

Narrator: they didn’t do anything daft.

:hmm:

• Empathy 1

One of my favourite plays is the 2 point attempt to win a game rather than tie and go OT. 

2 teams tried it last night, Jags so unlucky he didn’t stretch his arms out I was on the edge of my seat but applaud them going for it. 

Then Broncos did it boom what a play after a couple of daft penalties. But wait... they left 31 secs on the clock just enough for the other team to score a field goal from a mile out to win :lol: that’s why we love the NFL. 

• Upvote 2

Skins faded again last night as the D seemed to abandon their corporeal forms a bit earlier than in the Iggles games. 

I listened to a podcast where Maurice Jones Drew was insistent that extra tackling practice is pointless as “all players know how to tackle”. I wonder if he feels stupid after seeing that effort last night. 

The Titans are a QB short from being a really good team, once again the defence has a good game, the running game was decent but yet once again Marriota fails to throw it for more than 200 yards.

The division is looking really tight this year so we could well sneak into the playoffs, but going forward, we really need to find a QB who can throw the deep ball.

2 hours ago, Baring said:

One of my favourite plays is the 2 point attempt to win a game rather than tie and go OT. 

2 teams tried it last night, Jags so unlucky he didn’t stretch his arms out I was on the edge of my seat but applaud them going for it. 

Then Broncos did it boom what a play after a couple of daft penalties. But wait... they left 31 secs on the clock just enough for the other team to score a field goal from a mile out to win :lol: that’s why we love the NFL. 

Similar to Saints v texans last week. What a game

6 hours ago, Mallet said:

He really said that?

There has been some woeful tackling these last 2 weeks.

Baltimore Vs Kansas should be a cracker this weekend.

Yeah it was on the Dave Dameshek podcast. He’s on it quite a bit and he’s not great. He never really seems to know what his argument is and talks a lot of shit loudly. 

Bad news for Saints and Steelers. Could be end of seasons and careers with the Brees and Rothles injuries. 

38 minutes ago, McFly said:

Saints have Teddy Bridgewater as thier nack iirc? He'll be rusty but i think he'll be able to keep them going with Kamaras help. 

Yeah, he's the backup. He looked pretty rough yesterday. Can't help but feel that Taysom Hill might end up under centre at some point.

20 hours ago, BabelRich said:

WTF are the Dolphins doing?

I appreciate they’re tanking but you got to keep some pieces to build on. Phins fans in for a rough few years I feel. 

Meet the new team, same as the old team. One post-season in twenty years now (I think)*

Tanking is one thing, but they’d probably need to tank for at least three years to get close to the draft picks needed to sort the organisation out. And that’s assuming the direction they want to take now remains consistent.

Guess they’re betting on Pats fading after Brady retires in a couple of years, but that’s also making assumptions that the Jets and Bills won’t progress, or that the Pats won’t unearth another gem, or trade a mid-career QB that can run their offence.

Phuck the Phins. Bunch of fishy twats.

*EDIT: two since 2001. Had a postseason run in the 90s, last contested the AFC Championship in 1992 :lol:

Well that’s it innit. Even if they hit on every single draft pick next year, let’s say they have 10-11, That’s still only 10-11 players, all rookies with no support. Rich Eisen made some brilliant points about it on the Around the NFL podcast it’s well worth a listen, the best one being they are purposefully Turing themselves in to an expansion team. 

• Upvote 2

It’s such a huge gamble, with way more likelihood of downside than upside. How often do top end draft picks really come through?

Will check out the podcast, would be good to hear them getting deservedly blasted.

• Upvote 2

Theyd be better to try and get Andrew Luck out of retirement next year and pay him $200m. Basketball, id say tank away, 1 player can almost win a champonship by themselves. But in football? Even the best prospects arent guaranteed

• Upvote 1

The fact they’ve been so open about it too, means the pressure on their three first round picks is going to be cranked up above the normal levels. Maybe an organisation with a history of making wise moves could be confident of pulling it off, but being Miami, I’d wager they won’t even be the top team in the AFC East in five years, let alone the AFC.

• Upvote 1

That’s exactly what Rich Eisen said. That the Jets should tell Darnold to stay at home for the rest of the season then trade the No 1 pick (and most likely Tua) to the highest bidder except Miami. 

• Upvote 2

Antonio Brown has just been cut by the Patriots.

"The New England Patriots are releasing Antonio Brown," the team said in a statement. "We appreciate the hard work of many people over the past 11 days, but we feel that it is best to move in a different direction at this time."

• Upvote 2