rllmuk
Harrisown

NFL 2019!

They should start Rosen and use Fitzpatrick to help hom or come in if he struggles.

Kyler Murray isnt gonna do much i fear, his preseason game against the Radiers he couldnt get nothing going and looked overwhelmed. He can run about which will help, but hes not gonna be Russel Wilson 2.0

I think the Steelers are going to be very strong this year, after all the shit that has been talked about them I think they will band together and come out stronger. Plus no matter what you think of big Ben personality wise he is still a first ballot hall of fame QB.

It will be interesting to see what the Browns do this year as well. Only a week to go boys!

• Upvote 1

I am finding it hard to get exited this year. As a Skins fan, the team is more of a shambles than usual and all the positivity from the draft has completely drained away with Trent Williams holding out. 

Not to mention the Eagles and Boys look really strong this year and Daniel Jones looks a billion percent better than expected I think it’s gonna be a long season. 

Work Fantasy Draft coming up today and I've not prepared for it at all. Anyone got any recommendations or top picks I should be going for? My work productivity is going to be massively down today as I'm probably going to spend most of it reading up on draft articles.

There are 12 of us, we all pick from the single pool of players, so once a player is picked, no one else can have him (unless we trade later in the season). We take it in turns to pick a player, so very quickly all the best players will be gone, but it's fun to see if you can nab someone's favourite QB or RB before it gets to their turn.

I need to pick a starting QB, 2 RBs, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF, and one free RB/WR slot. Then there's a bench too, by which time I'm sure we'll all be picking blind, so I'm not too bothered about saving a pick on a hidden gem way down the draft.

Oh yeah, and it's a half PPR league. Trying to balance WR and RB point totals a bit better standard, but not the full PPR set up.

Edited by Headache
  • Upvote 1

I had my draft last night but i fell asleep and missed it. So team was bot picked and its not too bad. So unless you know your stuff, id pick an obvious qb like Brees, Rogers, Brady etc or some other players you lime and then leave it to autopick. Remember its about players personal games not winning/losing. So a great player in a shit team who carries them wll get loads of points even if they get humped.

59 minutes ago, Headache said:

There are 12 of us, we all pick from the single pool of players, so once a player is picked, no one else can have him (unless we trade later in the season). We take it in turns to pick a player, so very quickly all the best players will be gone, but it's fun to see if you can nab someone's favourite QB or RB before it gets to their turn.

I need to pick a starting QB, 2 RBs, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF, and one free RB/WR slot. Then there's a bench too, by which time I'm sure we'll all be picking blind, so I'm not too bothered about saving a pick on a hidden gem way down the draft.

Oh yeah, and it's a half PPR league. Trying to balance WR and RB point totals a bit better standard, but not the full PPR set up.

49ers kicker Gould never misses!

6 hours ago, BabelRich said:

Surely Mahomes is first pick in EVERY draft. 

In my non-keeper league Barkley went #1, then the requisite other RBs and WRs after that.

Mahomes went really early in that, too, second round. I don't think he (or any QB) should go in the first two rounds of any draft, but he should be the first QB off the board, 100%.

When I started a few years back I used this as a guide, served me well:

http://www.nfl.com/fantasy/story/0ap3000000936204/article/the-best-fantasy-football-draft-strategy-for-2018

• Upvote 1

Due to the way scoring works, good running backs are a very important commodity for fantasy. They are usually off the board first as they’re relatively scarce, then the top receivers go.

Mahomes was the first QB off the board in my draft in round 4. I took the second QB in round 6 (Watson). My first 4 picks were Deandre Hopkins at 5, Juju at 16, Nick Chubb at 25 and Kerryon Johnson at 36. The elite tier RB’s all went 1-4 (Barkley, Kamara, Elliott and Gurley) so I went for the consensus top-ranked WR instead.

Oh, my main tip: don’t waste roster spots on backup kickers and defence. Wait until you get to both’s Bye-weeks and then jettison any injured or underperforming player for a stand-in, then jettison that stand in for either a backup defence/kicker if you have the other on a bye the next week or get in another RB or WR for a while instead.

• Upvote 3

My team, FWIW. Got Freeman in round 5, Ingram in round 7 and AJ Green (recovering from injury) in round 8. Pretty pleased. I’ve always been the nearly-man in my 5 years of my work fantasy league - hopefully this is my year!

34FA18FA-3818-4997-ADC1-DE981A5FCCD8.thumb.jpeg.9f30429e062382567feb77f44f0bcb8d.jpeg

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, kiroquai said:

Oh, my main tip: don’t waste roster spots on backup kickers and defence. Wait until you get to both’s Bye-weeks and then jettison any injured or underperforming player for a stand-in, then jettison that stand in for either a backup defence/kicker if you have the other on a bye the next week or get in another RB or WR for a while instead.

Yep, this is a good tip indeed.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, disperse and recoagulate said:

I know very little about NFL but for the past few years I’ve been in a fantasy draft league with 9 other lads, all of whom live and breathe it. Every year I soldier on, with the help of two of my mates. It’s a 0.5 PPR league.

Without further ado, my bunch of no-hopers:

Reveal hidden contents

zEt7ofD_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Ah dude, you’ve signed Tim Brady, who’s a perennially injured back up for the Nebraska Eastern Shitweasles :(

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, glb said:

Ah dude, you’ve signed Tim Brady, who’s a perennially injured back up for the Nebraska Eastern Shitweasles :(

:( 

was poised to get Drew Brees but the guy before me didn’t realise it was his pick, timed out and ended up with him. He says he’s up for trade but not sure who he’ll want from me. 

He originally said Boyd but I assume he was joking.

or in terms of waivers, I could get: Cousins, Big Ben, Rivers, Garoppolo, Carr, Foles, Darnold, Stafford, Dalton, Mariota...

Definitely keep hold of Boyd, I’d say. Brees would possibly have a better scoring record than Brady (first time since 2014 my team hasn’t been QB’d by Brees, I feel kinda sad) Boyd is effectively going to, alongside Joe Mixon, be the main scoring outlet for the Bengals until AJ Green is back. Even when Green is back, Boyd had a great year last season and should pick you up plenty of points.

Reckon you’ve assembled a handy team there :). That Tyreek Hill and Saquon combo is going to rake in the points most weeks!

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, disperse and recoagulate said:

Cousins, Big Ben, Rivers, Garoppolo, Carr, Foles, Darnold, Stafford, Dalton, Mariota...

In terms of matchups based on Brady's bye-week (10):

Cousins - @ Dallas

Roethlisberger - vs Rams

Rivers - @ Oakland

Garoppolo - vs Seahawks

Carr - vs Chargers

Foles - BYE

Darnold - vs Giants 

Stafford - @ Chicago

Dalton -  vs Baltimore

Mariota - vs Kansas City

Mariota vs KC is okay, because the KC defence wasn't necessarily the strongest last year and are projected to be much the same. Rivers @ Oakland is a good one (not to mention a good complimentary QB for the rest of the season), and the rest I wouldn't touch, except for Ben and Stafford. Both like to sling it and if the game is done, might get some "garbage time" TDs. Stafford is usually good for a few!

If it were me, I'd go Rivers or Big Ben.

• Upvote 1

Here's my guys:

The first one is the "Keepers" league - I picked 4th after my season tanked when Bell held out and I struggled to replicate his production. I kept:

Wilson (wouldn't normally but I had a spare keeper)

Bell

Allen

Kelce

Hill

The draft goes quite slowly, as people try and find value outside of the keepers. Lots of referrals to ranking magazines and websites. Lockett was my first pick, then Lindsay. Snatched Westbrook in the 4th, which I was happy with. Also pleased to take Vance McDonald as a backup TE.

The other one I picked 9th, went Conner, Smith-Schuster and Thielen for the first three rounds. Pretty pleased with both, and the last one is tonight! Fingers crossed I can get the little Miss to sleep before it starts!

cbs.png

Yahoo.png

27 minutes ago, McFly said:

Thanks. Thats how i was leaning based on Bengals def being so-so compared to Atlantas. Though its a total guess really

It's all a guess, isn't it? Part of the fun. Like last year when thousands of suicide pools went under thanks to this game! It's just so random sometimes.

• Upvote 1