rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
choddo

Manifest - Sky Lost remix

My wife and I take it in turns to choose a series to watch together. After I chose The Boys, she chose this. Any comparisons to Lost are similar to when you were bought an advent calendar as a kid and it turned out it was made by Kinnerton rather than Cadbury. Whilst I didn't really care for Lost, this feels like a budget Sci-Fi channel rip-off.

It's a bit rubbish, with some really ropey acting. I've endured 13 episodes so far. Can't help feeling it suffers from the affliction normally known as Netflix Bloat.  

I mistakenly thought Manifest was the 4400 reboot when the first episode was shown on Sky. The plot and characters in the 1st ep seem ok, nothing particularly good or bad, but I don't feel the urge to invest time in its serialised story after being burned by the meandering plots and unexpected cancellation of similar shows (like LOST, The Event, 4400, etc). I know that's probably unfair - the 1st season has good-ish reviews and a second season has been confirmed, but there's no guarantee it will be given the time to complete its story arc.

I’ve watched a couple of episodes, but I can’t honestly say I’m desperate to watch any more. It just feels a bit meh without anything  in the story grabbing my attention.

Well I’m up to episode 7 and it’s all gone a bit

typical govt conspiracy mulder & scully

I’ll probably see it through but not sure I’ll be back for season 2.

I watched the first season and it was trash. Plot threads go nowhere, ridiculously contrived happenings, poor acting (the son in particular) and the general intrigue (which is why my gf and I wanted to watch it) thrown away pretty much immediately. 

It's like Lost in that it feels like they are making it up as they go along, so the comparison isn't entirely redundant. 

I watched it all in a few days and i enjoyed most of it. 

Spoiler

The evil guy should have been kept alive longer and used more as an alternative to the goody-goodys. And the drowning thing was daft and the timer scenario is a bit forced butneeded for tjere to be a second series i guess.