rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Minter1986

Advice (Selling)

Hello all,

First post looking for help please! 

My Mum is moving and I was at the weekend helping her pack and I came across my old Sega Megadrive (console version 1, x2 pads) and the games below. I'm reluctant to eBay them individually or get ripped off at CeX and I am sure they would be appreciated by someone on here. I've not done any research yet on what I could expect to receive for this in a job lot but I would to sell on that way if possible.

Would appreciate any interest and comments on what is reasonable to expect in today's retro market.

Cheers.

2019July30 MD1.jpg

2019July30 MD2.jpg

You won't get anywhere near what they are worth selling as a job lot so I'd avoid doing that.

The best thing to do is to look at the prices on CEX so you can at least get an idea of what they are worth.

I'd then wait until ebay do their next sell for a £1 day and clean up there, it gives you the widest audience and will provide maximum return. Alternatively price them up and sell them here as people will be interested.

Don't sell them as a job lot, it's the quickest way to not got what they're actually worth, unless you just want to get rid of them.

Streets Of Rage 3 is worth around £100 for example if it's complete.

Mortal Kombat 3 at least £30

Sonic 3 £20

Sonic Knuckles £25

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Minter1986 said:

Thank you :)

You will have people biting your arm off for a job lot offer because of Streets Of Rage 3 alone.

Look at used sales on ebay, price accordingly and go from there.

Yes it's a faff but you won't get ripped off and you'll get a significant amount of cash to go towards something nice.

Personally I'd sell anything at £20 and above on eBay (you'll need to charge £3.50 as Mega Drive cases are chunky) but that's just me.

I meant originally to be fair.  Being a man of equally impeccable taste I already have most of them so a job lot wouldn't be useful.  :)

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, strider said:

You won't get anywhere near what they are worth selling as a job lot so I'd avoid doing that.

The best thing to do is to look at the prices on CEX so you can at least get an idea of what they are worth.

I'd then wait until ebay do their next sell for a £1 day and clean up there, it gives you the widest audience and will provide maximum return. Alternatively price them up and sell them here as people will be interested.

Don't sell them as a job lot, it's the quickest way to not got what they're actually worth, unless you just want to get rid of them.

Streets Of Rage 3 is worth around £100 for example if it's complete.

Mortal Kombat 3 at least £30

Sonic 3 £20

Sonic Knuckles £25

Let me add, 

SOR  2 is worth £25

The rest are nice games but very average prices, between £8 to £12 really.

All in all a nice collection, with SOR3 being a very pricey game, if actually horrible to play (far too difficult)

I will offer you £10 each for The Terminator and Flashback if you are interested.

No idea what they are worth but am enjoying building a collection of MD games I find interesting, at the moment . 

If we are doing splitting, let's talk about the 3 James Pond games.

Although I've no idea what they go for elsewhere either.

Definitely sell streets of rage 3 on eBay. Take lots and lots of detailed pictues. Also make sure to let the Auction run for a long time. It looks like it's in good condition but hard to tell. If it's complete with manual and good condition it will sell for big money.

If you want to see what a game is worth and usually sells for ... search for the game on eBay, when the results appear go to the filter option and select "sold items". This will show you what it has sold for recently  . You could do that for all games to discover their worth 

Screenshot_20190803-075834_eBay.jpg

• Upvote 2

Thanks all for your help with my questions. A full inventory will follow as I also will be attempting to sell a sizeable graphic novel and boxed action figure collection!