Jump to content

(Some) Streamers Are The Best!


Recommended Posts

On 23/01/2020 at 17:55, Qazimod said:

I just realised that I posted this in the wrong thread, so I've removed that and I'm re-posting here...

 

If anyone cares about daft RPG nonsense, I'm currently attempting to stream Half-Minute Hero's "Hero 30" mode, with one chapter being completed each week (usually Monday evenings.) I started at the beginning of the year and I've just finished chapter three... although I'm just aiming to get to the end, rather then getting high scores or 100% or anything...

 

https://www.twitch.tv/qazimod/videos

 

So I guess my profile in the OP is more

 

Genre: Half-Minute Hero
Schedule: Monday evenings - until I finish Half-Minute Hero, then it will revert to "no schedule".


This has been fun for me - I haven’t really pulled in an audience (although @Jonster sometimes shows up :wub: ) and I don’t do facecam or voiceover, but in terms of scheduling a regular thing and working out the technical troubles it’s been a nice experience. I still have one chapter left, but then I’ll be done. :) 

 

I was thinking of doing something with the P4 Golden Steam port next, but I might just upload some video highlights instead - there’s a lot of time in that game that’s spent battling and levelling!

Link to post
Share on other sites

My son's edited his first montage using clips from Valorant, it's his first go using Adobe Premiere Pro and i think he's done a great job with it.

 

If you would be kind enough to give him a view and a like and maybe even a comment to encourage him i'd really appreciate it.

 

Cheers Mukkers :wub:

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

that looks really good.

i just started doing a few things last week, mainly practicing games that i want to make youtube videos about. i dont have a mic or camera (and not sure i want them) so its pretty basic.

but somehow i have one follower!

i'll try to find some of you later and follow.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll hopefully be doing a themed stream this weekend - I don't do cameras or commentary so it'll just be a few appropriately spooky games. I've already done it a few times - I played some Ultimate G 'n' G and Zombie Virus (don't ask) in 2017, a bit of Jack Bros and Super Castlevania IV in 2018 and a short TotD thing last year - so I'll see if I can get something streamed again this year...

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m hoping to do my annual spooky games stream this evening, maybe from 7ish? It won’t be huge but I have a few themed gameplay things planned (even if those things just end up being backup plans when my first plans go awry.) Channel link in the OP. :) 

 

E: thanks to anyone who showed up :wub: 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/10/2020 at 09:51, yashiro said:

Not really. Should just make a stream team if it doesn't exist already.

 

Sadly only partners can make teams. Which is a major annoyance, as teams are a great way of gaining an audience with each other. I've seen tiny streams (around 5 viewers) get propped up by the bigger members of the team, and now they're doing great as well.

 

TEAM

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Can you watch an embedded channel if it's playing content from an AutoHost list of channels? It might be good to make a rllmuk list somewhere and then embed the channel in the OP. :) I know that @Nespresso maintained something back in the day, but he doesn't visit this place anymore...

 

https://help.twitch.tv/s/article/how-to-use-host-mode?language=en_US#HowtoUseAutoHost

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've started streaming recently, mainly game design stuff in the week, then let's plays at the weekends. Nothing too hectic, it's all very chilled, and I've really been enjoying the whole thing. I'll be adding a bunch of folks from here too :D If you want, you can find me at twitch.tv/idlemichael 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm learning how to stream, how do I play add several sound tracks(stored locally) in OBS? I add a media source but it doesn't work in terms of playing when I want to, audio outputs etc.

 

The only workaround is to play a VLC playlist as normal, then set the desktop audio source as output and monitor.

 

But ideally I want to be able to give the current song info in chat, which won't work with the VLC way

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
On 21/11/2020 at 13:56, Bacon Horsemeat said:

I'm learning how to stream, how do I play add several sound tracks(stored locally) in OBS? I add a media source but it doesn't work in terms of playing when I want to, audio outputs etc.

 

The only workaround is to play a VLC playlist as normal, then set the desktop audio source as output and monitor.

 

But ideally I want to be able to give the current song info in chat, which won't work with the VLC way

 

You probably figuired this out, but just play it as VLC in the background.

 

20 hours ago, Fallows said:

Some of the big streamers are bringing in up to 300K viewers now... Unreal. I wonder how much coin they're making?

 

Tons i'm guessing! I'm making 100-200 a month from streaming/yt at the moment. It's nice to pay for new games etc but it would be nice if it was more of course :D

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've started streaming myself trying to learn Japanese. Zero viewers but it's somehow motivated to keep going instead of quitting as I normally have, so I count that as a win. If you want to laugh at my efforts, I'm at www.twitch.tv/wave_jumper

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been messing around with TTS (text to speech) applications this week and it's been quite entertaining. Basically the idea is that the chat is read out in a voice and it saves you having to have the chat onscreen - I think its main application is for VR games - but since I have a crap mic (and a crap voice) I might have fun using it whilst I'm streaming. I tried a number of TTS applications and a lot of them had issues - either too many confusing options, a promising feature list but a high price, refusal to narrate anything... the list goes on.

 

Right now I'm using "Twitch TTS", which is a free app from the Windows Store. It's a simple app that runs independently of other programs, and you just have it open alongside your broadcast software and whatever you're streaming, and it will read out chat messages. It also comes with options to filter out certain words, although I haven't tried that. Of the applications I tried, it's the easiest to set up - the only thing to note is that there's a "Channel" field where you enter your Twitch username... but it never really explained that, and I thought I had to type in my channel's whole URL.

 

Of course a TTS application opens the door to trolling and spamming so you should be careful (especially if you plan on capturing the TTS application in your stream), and also you have to fuss with game audio settings so that the chat doesn't drown out the game or vice versa, but it's a fun thing to play with. :D

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Qazimod said:

I've been messing around with TTS (text to speech) applications this week and it's been quite entertaining. Basically the idea is that the chat is read out in a voice and it saves you having to have the chat onscreen - I think its main application is for VR games - but since I have a crap mic (and a crap voice) I might have fun using it whilst I'm streaming. I tried a number of TTS applications and a lot of them had issues - either too many confusing options, a promising feature list but a high price, refusal to narrate anything... the list goes on.

 

Right now I'm using "Twitch TTS", which is a free app from the Windows Store. It's a simple app that runs independently of other programs, and you just have it open alongside your broadcast software and whatever you're streaming, and it will read out chat messages. It also comes with options to filter out certain words, although I haven't tried that. Of the applications I tried, it's the easiest to set up - the only thing to note is that there's a "Channel" field where you enter your Twitch username... but it never really explained that, and I thought I had to type in my channel's whole URL.

 

Of course a TTS application opens the door to trolling and spamming so you should be careful (especially if you plan on capturing the TTS application in your stream), and also you have to fuss with game audio settings so that the chat doesn't drown out the game or vice versa, but it's a fun thing to play with. :D

 

I've been wanting to stream some vr games, but without being able to read chat i haven't bothered. There is an app that allows you to overlay your chat on the game but its not ideal for everyone. Would everyone hear the text to speech chat? Its an idea at least..

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Darhkwing said:

I've been wanting to stream some vr games, but without being able to read chat i haven't bothered. There is an app that allows you to overlay your chat on the game but its not ideal for everyone. Would everyone hear the text to speech chat? Its an idea at least..

 

Only if the text-to-speech app is included as a capture source in your stream layout. During my testing I've been including it as a source just to play back the archived VOD and confirm that it works (and the app I use is small enough that you can just hide it in the back layer) but I think you can leave it running without capturing it in your stream and then you'd be the only one that hears it. In theory.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.