The Expanse - book spoilers, paxoníseki!

PK

On 07/02/2021 at 13:32, PK said:

I don't believe that for a second. They retrospectively wrote him out because it's alleged he was sexually assaulting people. The awkwardness of the way they did it was through necessity, there's very clearly a fun Alex and Bobbie Investigate storyline on the cutting room floor.

I suspect they planned to kill off characters next season because it's "ending".

I thought this tweet thread was an excellent take on Naomi's arc this season. 

Interesting interview with Naren Shankar, Daniel Abraham, and Ty Franck. They've started shooting season 6 last week. And....

For people that have not read the books, what can you tease people about season six?

FRANCK: I think, the thing that season six does is it pays off the story that we began in episode one of season one where the Martians, the Earthers and the Belters were all in this incredibly uneasy and unstable political system with the Belters absolutely being at the foot of that table and everybody fighting for their place in the solar system. I think we pay off that story in a very satisfying way. And we keep some of the mystery intact involving the greater forces of the universe that humans are only starting to become aware. If we want to tell more stories.

Sounds like you're probably right @Moz; focus the last season on Nemesis Games and keep the Goths as a mystery for films if they ever get them.

I do hope we get to see a fucking gigantic Laconian dreadnought coming through the gate and obliterating everything at some point though!

2 hours ago, Captain Novaforce said:

I'm actually happy they kept it at a reasonable scale, 3m dead is still horrendous. If they went huge for the sake of it on screen it could have felt too new Star Wars or Dr Who with constantly increasing ridiculous stakes. Terrorist attacks don't have to be civilisation ending to change the world

Apart from changing the world is the whole point and what sets up the new world order in book six which then goes into books 7-9

There's still time for the impact of the asteroid strikes on the ecosystem, collapsing power grids, food production, etc. to manifest in season 6.

Book 6 is where they bring Anna back on Earth and you start to get a feel for what the longer term consequences are and just how fucked the Earth actually is.

Yep, the changes to the POV characters in 6 are going to be interesting - Pa’s character would have been drummer in the tv show but she’s gone rogue, so maybe that becomes oxana? 

will they bring Dawes back? 

They don’t need either really and can just carry on with inaros and Philip 

Im hoping they get Bobbie in the crew in s6, as she’s great. 

• 7 months later...