rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
GamesGamesGames

Your three-initial high score names.

TIM

Daytona USA’s probably my fave high score entry - the way it says ‘Teeee Ayyyye Emmm’ Then quickly on confirmation, ‘Tee Aye Em’.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

STE which is a bit rubbish as there are a billion STEs out there. I never could think up a cool 3 letter name or, later on,  find a decent contraction of online handles. By that time high score tables were defunct anyway.

I used to go with STE until I realised loads of people did the same, so I went with :STC, which are my initials.

MGH - this is a very early memory from the early arcades but the way I recall it is that I wasn't very good at arcade games. There was a space invader cab near to where I lived and I got onto the board and it asked for initials and in a fluster I mistyped my own initials. It has stuck ever since and I'm not sure why.

Similar story to the nickname I use online, it pretty much stuck from an early random chance choice.

• Empathy 1

1 hour ago, Mr Combo Breaker said:

POW, my actual surname

dominating pinball tables in central scotland

Sega Power had a campaign in the 90s to get everyone to put POW in as their name on arcade machines. So perhaps you were not as good as you think.

• Upvote 1

I used my initials, PAL, which also happens to be very close to my first name, but now I use PAB, which are my new initials after I took my wife's surname.

AJR, which are my initials. But the sort of excellent initials that are in alphabetical order, making them nice and speedy to put in on high score tables that hold your position rather than going back to A. 

Surprising SOL. Which is mostly my initials. It technically should be SJL, but the J looked boring, so it got swapped for an O. Like the Sun, not Straight Outta Luck. This prompted someone to ask if Obertron was my middle name, which I liked so much I was tempted to change my real middle name by deed poll.