Jump to content
rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
MDY

Ninja Warriors Once Again - PS4/Switch

Recommended Posts

Its a great game but that last boss is fucking shit. Its really difficult to consistently get throws to break the glass. Trying different throws, different ranges, different sized opponents, I had to give up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bumgut said:

Its a great game but that last boss is fucking shit. Its really difficult to consistently get throws to break the glass. Trying different throws, different ranges, different sized opponents, I had to give up. 

 

Only throw you want to be using is up + attack, I think this is the only throw that will hit the boss.

This is actually a positive for Ninja as his up/throw does a giant spin, which covers a lot of ground.

 

Once you learn how to position yourself it’s not too bad.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Goemon said:

 

Only throw you want to be using is up + attack, I think this is the only throw that will hit the boss.

This is actually a positive for Ninja as his up/throw does a giant spin, which covers a lot of ground.

 

Once you learn how to position yourself it’s not too bad.

The throw arcs vary by ninja you use as well as throw type (forward/up/back)

 

I gave back, but I might go back to it as I really wanted a hard mode run through.

 

everything else about it is really great.

its much deeper that I had expected, and quite forgiving 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Sane said:

Any beginner tips? I find it hard not to get hit fighting the first boss with ninja. Should I try to block more?

 

Taking the odd hit in the boss fight is okay.

 

When your special bar is full do: attack, attack, up+attack. This will do a powerful special and only use a small amount of your metre.

 

As Ninja, use different throws depending on the situation.

down+throw - this is you most damaging throw and should be used on stronger enemies

up+throw - The is a giant swing and is great for knocking down everything around you

 

Use the jump button to dash to blast you across the screen but don’t attack and you can do shoulder charge. This doesn’t knock down so you can put yourself right next to someone in order to grab them.

 

For the first boss you want to use your standard combo as the nunchaku attack is invincible once it’s started. After hold the button to block any attacks the boss might do after your combo is finished. You can follow up with your special (up+attack) to do another nunchaku attack, which hits the boss lots. If you knock the boss down always block as he will always attack on wake up.

 

 

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1CC’ed this with Ninja, I’ve now moved onto Kunoichi.

 

She’s got an amazing juggle combo from her up/throw. You can jump and follow up with your down+attack sword slash, land and do your down+jump kunai stab and then jump again and do your air special (up+attack) for a hefty chunk of damage. Best part is that this combo is viable on bosses that you can grab too.

 

Also, if you hold the button when you do your down/throw she will continue to do a frenzied stab for good damage. Proper shanks the enemies, prison style :lol:

 

Such a shame this isn’t online, would have loved some multiplayer action.

 

 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/10/2019 at 17:14, Goemon said:

 

Only throw you want to be using is up + attack, I think this is the only throw that will hit the boss.

This is actually a positive for Ninja as his up/throw does a giant spin, which covers a lot of ground.

 

Once you learn how to position yourself it’s not too bad.

 

Thanks for this. I was beginning to get annoyed with this fight yesterday and I checked this thread on the off-chance that someone else was frustrated with him.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been playing more on Kunoichi, she’s amazing fun but does have some more obvious weaknesses.

 

She’s got no good crowd control, so when things get busy your only option is to get the hell out of there. Also her standard combo is pretty weak and has short range. This comes into effect mainly against the level 1 and level 6 bosses, which you can’t throw and have to fight hand to hand.

 

Still, I found out you can juggle from her prison stab, so it’s possible to do the same combo I mentioned above, although timing is more strict. I also learned you can finish with your screen clearing special attack. All this comboed with take bosses 2 and 3 to pretty much half a bar of health if you land it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got this on PS4 and it's lovely. Is there a way to consistently beat the first boss with Kunoichi? I'm struggling to avoid his attacks and throws. He's too big to jump over which is key for demolishing the second boss. For me at least.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I try to keep my distance as much as possible using the bigger jump that she has. Usually gets me out of his way as it covers a good third or more of the screen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A few more goes and it's becoming a bit more consistent, so I guess I just needed to practise a bit more. Best time for stage 1 so far is 185 which is 100 seconds more than the online leader :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Camel said:

Just got this on PS4 and it's lovely. Is there a way to consistently beat the first boss with Kunoichi? I'm struggling to avoid his attacks and throws. He's too big to jump over which is key for demolishing the second boss. For me at least.

 

Yea, the first boss is tough for Kunoichi.

 

Important general tip, which is extra prevalent in this case...

 

You hold attack to block

When you block, you don’t change your direction pushing left and right, so you only block the way you’re facing.

When you hold block you can do a defensive jump left/right which maintains your facing direction.

And, most important of all, this defensive jump allows you to block in mid-air!

 

When approaching enemies such as the first boss you want to block and then defensive jump in so you’ll land just behind him. If he starts attacking as you do this you’ll block the attacks, when you land any attacks will miss as you’re now behind him. 

 

This is the best time to do your standard combo on him.

 

Finish the combo holding the button to block. Assess if you can keep attacking of if you need to flip away. Again, if you flip away and he attacks, you’ll block everything

 

Rinse and repeat this to beat him. Using your special once it’s charged.

 

Lastly when making your assessment on safety be aware of mobs when you’re next to the boss.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I 1CC’ed this with Kunoichi last night. Really enjoyed playing with her.

 

I started playing with Kamaitachi but not sure I like him and I think he will be hard to finish the game with. The main point being you can ONLY throw from a combo, which be tough for a few scenarios including the last boss.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Goemon said:

 

Yea, the first boss is tough for Kunoichi.

 

Important general tip, which is extra prevalent in this case...

 

You hold attack to block

When you block, you don’t change your direction pushing left and right, so you only block the way you’re facing.

When you hold block you can do a defensive jump left/right which maintains your facing direction.

And, most important of all, this defensive jump allows you to block in mid-air!

 

When approaching enemies such as the first boss you want to block and then defensive jump in so you’ll land just behind him. If he starts attacking as you do this you’ll block the attacks, when you land any attacks will miss as you’re now behind him. 

 

This is the best time to do your standard combo on him.

 

Finish the combo holding the button to block. Assess if you can keep attacking of if you need to flip away. Again, if you flip away and he attacks, you’ll block everything

 

Rinse and repeat this to beat him. Using your special once it’s charged.

 

Lastly when making your assessment on safety be aware of mobs when you’re next to the boss.

 

 

Thanks. I'll try some of this later. I rarely block so I think that's something I need to get into the habit of doing. My approach so far has been opening him up buy throwing enemies into him, attacking, then getting to the other side of him to repeat. Best time is now 160s. No idea how people are doing it in half of that. I need to watch some videos I guess.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Camel said:

 

Thanks. I'll try some of this later. I rarely block so I think that's something I need to get into the habit of doing. My approach so far has been opening him up buy throwing enemies into him, attacking, then getting to the other side of him to repeat. Best time is now 160s. No idea how people are doing it in half of that. I need to watch some videos I guess.

 

 

Knowing where the non 1 hit enemies appear and what you need to do to kill them is the trick.

 

When you get to an area, there will be say 4 grunts and 2 non grunts. The game won’t move forward until the non grunts are dead and will continue to spawn grunts until they are.

 

Some non grunts take more than one standard combo to die so you need to know how best to kill them quickly. For example, not finishing your combo, grabbing them and doing a follow up attack to kill them in one sequence. If you don’t kill them they get knocked down, you have to wait for them to get up, they might move away/off screen etc. and it all wastes time.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Took me ages to complete the final stage in time trial for Kunoichi. The final boss scene just becomes too chaotic after a while. Absolutely loving this game though and ready to move onto the other characters.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had my first go on this today, and I love it dearly. I knew from playing the SNES original that it was going to have some depth to it, but I've still been really impressed with the amount of combat options you have, and that the game constantly tests your knowledge of them. I played it with a partner, and thought the handling of the multiplayer game was quite ingenious, too - you share both your health bar and your special attack gauge (depleted each time either of you gets hit), which changes how you read the screen and demands that you take on more responsibility for the other player, not just to keep them alive but to ensure you're both in a position to fire off the right moves at the right time. It teaches you to become a dependable, cohesive team. Aiming for a two-player 1CC could be a lot of fun!

 

Edit: just cleared it for the first time, and I think this is already my GOTY - it's been a blast so far and is only just beginning to reveal how much there is to chew on. It's got to be up there with Curse of the Moon in terms of rewarding repeat playthroughs and making a 'short' game impressively dense.

Unlocked Yaksha, who is immediately brilliant and shows huge potential for combos (and - new to this version - juggling), although I haven't figured anything out yet. It's the mark of a great beat-'em-up when each playable character essentially represents a different game. :D

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.