rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Goose

Dr. Strange in the Multiverse of Madness! May 2021

6 hours ago, mansizerooster said:

A good replacement would be Sam Raimi. He already has considerable chops in both horror and superhero films

Bruce Campbell as Nightmare plz!!!

Dr Strange! In An Adventure With Scientists!

Spoiler

Oh wait, that sort of describes Infinity War...

• Upvote 3

13 hours ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Bruce Campbell as Nightmare plz!!!

I mean just think about it

img395.thumb.jpg.1721f92b5d5b5e176f5a1acc930cfc9e.jpg278859591_MV5BOTY2MTg0OTEzOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNzQ3NTcwMjE@._V1_SY1000_CR006661000_AL_.thumb.jpg.e53af38d73567049916dbd3d6927b4b7.jpg

Perfect

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Gambit said:

If they want a corporate Yes man then JJ Abrams is now free.

He'd just remake Dr. Strange.

• Upvote 3

Nice! It’s finally time for Bruce to enter the Marvel universe.

• Upvote 2

Excellent news on Rami.  If Strange isn't flung backwards through a wood, attacked by his own hand or fluffs reading lines from an ancient book I'll be slightly disappointed.

• Upvote 1

"Is in talks."

I don't dare believe it's truly going to happen. We don't live in the good timeline.

On 06/02/2020 at 06:32, JPL said:

Nice! It’s finally time for Bruce to enter the Marvel universe.

hpliyl9wn0i31.jpg

• Upvote 1

With the rumoured plans to have all three live action Spidermans in a movie together maybe they're playing the long con and Bruce really is Mysterio afterall.

1 hour ago, makkuwata said:

With the rumoured plans to have all three live action Spidermans in a movie together maybe they're playing the long con and Bruce really is Mysterio afterall.

267132__73131.1349958243_380_500.jpg.52d72af21568b0850839d828aceb6eb3.jpg

• Upvote 6

The talks must have gone well: Raimi has officially in a terribly round-about way confirmed he's directing.

https://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/1131363-exclusive-sam-raimi-on-coincidental-spider-man-2-doctor-strange-reference

“I loved Doctor Strange as a kid, but he was always after Spider-Man and Batman for me, he was probably at number five for me of great comic book characters,” Raimi described. “He was so original, but when we had that moment in Spider-Man 2 I had no idea that we would ever be making a Doctor Strange movie, so it was really funny to me that coincidentally that line was in the movie. I gotta say I wish we had the foresight to know that I was going to be involved in the project.”

Not on board. Raimi is pure cheese. Will be happy to be pleasantly surprised, though. 

• Upvote 1

Totally onboard. He's officially the one director on planet earth that can be said to have extensive experience with both superhero films and horror films. Much more-so than Scott Derrickson.

• Upvote 3

Really hoping for super-hero movie horror, like this incredible scene:

• Upvote 5

4 hours ago, mansizerooster said:

Totally onboard. He's officially the one director on planet earth that can be said to have extensive experience with both superhero films and horror films. Much more-so than Scott Derrickson.

Your post prompted me to think of other directors who've also done both superhero horror films: 

James Wan has only done one superhero movie (Aquaman) but is is probably the most comparable to Raimi in terms of the number of horror films he's directed and produced. But I don't think any of the Saw/Conjuring/Insidious movies have anywhere near as good a reputation as Raimi's Evil Dead and Drag Me To Hell.

Guillermo del Toro probably surpasses them both though! Both Raimi and Wan generally kept their superheroes and their horror separate, but Blade 2 (and arguably bits of Hellboy 1) blended them together.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Nick R said:

Your post prompted me to think of other directors who've also done both superhero horror films: 

James Wan has only done one superhero movie (Aquaman) but is is probably the most comparable to Raimi in terms of the number of horror films he's directed and produced. But I don't think any of the Saw/Conjuring/Insidious movies have anywhere near as good a reputation as Raimi's Evil Dead and Drag Me To Hell.

Guillermo del Toro probably surpasses them both though! Both Raimi and Wan generally kept their superheroes and their horror separate, but Blade 2 (and arguably bits of Hellboy 1) blended them together.

Actually yeah, Guillermo del Toro is up there too. I'd say that those two have the most chops and experience when it comes to both genres. I think Raimi leans a bit further into the horror side, and definitely more into the proper scary occult side of things (Evil Dead is much more clearly a horror film, and more old-school occult, than Hellboy I'd say), which is what I'm most hoping for from Multiverse of Madness. I'm really, really hoping for some proper Lovecraftian horror from it.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Purin said:

Really hoping for super-hero movie horror, like this incredible scene:

Maybe if they ever release Josh Trank's original David Cronenberg body horror inspired cut for Fantastic Four, you might get it!