IGNORED

Cats - the musical - the movie

papalazarou

Sounds like what I expected; a client that doesn’t know what they actually want, only what they don’t want, and some seriously shoddy planning during the actual production. None of that is anything new, but when you add a super tight turnaround on top there’s nowhere left to hide. I don’t think there’s any blame to be laid at the VFX houses for this, besides the on set supervisors maybe. 

One of the posts in that thread says you can literally see tracking markers appearing on Judi Denchs’ face during one scene, I hope that hasn’t been patched yet because I’m morbidly fascinated to see it now.

1 hour ago, CarloOos said:

Sounds like what I expected; a client that doesn’t know what they actually want, only what they don’t want, and some seriously shoddy planning during the actual production. None of that is anything new, but when you add a super tight turnaround on top there’s nowhere left to hide. I don’t think there’s any blame to be laid at the VFX houses for this, besides the on set supervisors maybe. 

One of the posts in that thread says you can literally see tracking markers appearing on Judi Denchs’ face during one scene, I hope that hasn’t been patched yet because I’m morbidly fascinated to see it now.

Also, don't forget VFX houses tendency to love to criticise each other.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

This video is great. Breaks down why the film utterly fails as a musical production from a music theory perspective. I found it quite eye-opening, seems even the most basic part of making a musical was as fucked up as the cg. 

Hooper knows even less about recording and performing music than he does film-making!