rllmuk
mansizerooster

Thor 4: Love and Thunder - Nov 2021

Article says the live action Akira remake is in the wind now as a result. As I didn't want to see a director I like try to make a film that would always struggle to justify its existence, never mind actually elevate the material, I consider this doubly good news.

We're going to get a lot of Thor over the next couple of years I guess then, seeing as it was heavily implied he'll be part of GotG 3 too.

• Upvote 2

Good. 

I've only recently caught up with the MCU films, watched Thor: Ragnarok many times as my 5 year old daughter loves it. 

I haven't seen the second Thor film, is it worth watching? 

I'd say it's worth watching :)

All the MCU films are worth a gander - it's not up there with the best of them, but it's got some lovely design work in it, and it's very adequate entertainment for an evening.

• Upvote 3

Thor: The Dark World has some good jokes and a nice concept for its final action sequence (gravity-disrupting portals), so it's worth watching once. But it has plenty of problems, most of which revolve around the fact that it has by far the MCU's worst villain.

As long as The Incredible Hulk exists exists, I can't ever bring myself to call The Dark World the worst of the MCU - and I'd also rank it above Iron Man 2, because its tone and pacing don't constantly lurch around in different directions.

On the whole, this is probably the best way to watch it:

• Upvote 2

For what it's worth, I feel TDW is underrated, especially when you get nutjobs saying Iron Man 3 is amazing. IM3 is not amazing, people need to stop saying that. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

My inner Rain Man is quite annoyed that this will break the pattern of the big 3 Avengers all having trilogies. But a new Waititi Thor can only be a good thing, and I suppose I can rationalise it as this being a Mulligan after the dud that was Dark World.

Thor 2 isn't very good, in fairness. But then neither was Thor 1. And at least Iron Man 2 had Sam Rockwell and a terribly-served Mickey Rourke. Iron Man 3 has that short bit with SIR Ben Kingsley and then nothing.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Thor 2 is quite integral to Endgame but it's a boring as fuck film. 

More Taika for more Thor is awesome though. 

I wonder why they didnt just wait for their Hall H panel to announce it though. 

31 minutes ago, Steely said:

So we are not getting an Asgardians of the Galaxy?

Sounds like that may come before Thor 4.

35 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Sounds like that may come before Thor 4.

I dunno, James Gunn has already written the script for GOTG3 although other events in Endgame are going to have to him to rewrite it anyway. Hes also busy with Suicide Squad. I could see Thor coming first with that featuring the Guardians and leading into GOTG3.

3 hours ago, Nick R said:

Mark Kermode reference? :D

I don't think the poor sods at my local multiplex get paid enough to have to deal with puns, on top of everything else.

• Upvote 2