rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
new666uk

Spectrum DIVMMC Future - crashes on boot

Hi all,

So I got a DIVMMC from The Future Was 8 Bit and have tried it on my +2. It boots to the exsDOS on the first powerup and then seems to crash to a white screen with "Copyright 1982 Amstrad"

A reset just goes to the same but without the initial boot to exsDOS and in both cases the indicator is lit up RED. The card and device both came from TFW8B so I assume the card is configured correctly. I can use the card on PC just fine. I opened the Spectrum and cleaned the edge connectors (both sides) with IPA.

Any suggestions on what might be wrong and how to fix gratefully received.

It should boot to the copyright screen when you first boot it up and then you need to press the button on the right of the device to get the menu.

Ignore me - I've been a complete 'tard.

In the interests of being honest I'll confess I hadn't realised the red/ green light was also a button. Like a noob I kept hitting the reset button and only discovered when my finger slipped onto the other by mistake.

#HowDumbAmI?

• Upvote 1

BTW, although it looks like the machine is in 48k mode when the DivMMC is connected, you can still load 128k tape games by pressing J then “” (it will display LOAD “”) and hit Enter, followed by pressing play on the tape!

I’ve also got a load of 128k enhanced snapshots (48k games that people have recently added 128k music etc) that work with the DivMMC future if you’re interested. They’re a bit of a pain to find on the web, although they’re freely distributed.

2 hours ago, gone fishin' said:

I’ve also got a load of 128k enhanced snapshots (48k games that people have recently added 128k music etc) that work with the DivMMC future if you’re interested. They’re a bit of a pain to find on the web, although they’re freely distributed.

I heard about those and was looking for some 128 releases but certainly struggled. ROM's and the like have become increasingly difficult to locate...