New Mortal Kombat reboot

Yikes, that trailer is incredibly tone deaf. I think the world would have embraced it far more if was done as a full on comedy but that trailer suggests they are taking it way too seriously. Who the hell is this aimed at?

If I was in charge, I'd have gone with a more deadpool tone (and I've not even seen deadpool). Have a bunch of funny characters constantly questioning why this bizarre tournament exists, have a bit where Kano get's annoyed with someone spoiling a movie so he rips their heart out etc. See montages of him doing it as a kid too in high school with a teacher being like 'Kano, that's the fourth time this week, you gotta stop doing this!' etc. 

That kinda thing. For the record I wouldn't find the above funny but that's the direction to go in with this movie at this time.

11 hours ago, Capwn said:

If I was in charge, I'd have gone with a more deadpool tone (and I've not even seen deadpool). Have a bunch of funny characters constantly questioning why this bizarre tournament exists, have a bit where Kano get's annoyed with someone spoiling a movie so he rips their heart out etc. See montages of him doing it as a kid too in high school with a teacher being like 'Kano, that's the fourth time this week, you gotta stop doing this!' etc. 

That kinda thing. For the record I wouldn't find the above funny but that's the direction to go in with this movie at this time.

Is this a very poor attempt at trolling or your actual, genuine, opinions???!

I only ask because it sounds absolutely horrendous and you even admit that. A very strange post. 

13 hours ago, Capwn said:

I thought Peter Molydeux was a parody and not genuine tweets about what you thought would make a good game. Questioning that now!

Oh come on, it would be funny. This isn’t going to be a ‘so bad it’s funny’ film, it’s going to more assassin creed.

Another flashback scene. Scorpion as a kid, gets up from bed and asks his mum what’s for breakfast and his mum yells from the kitchen ‘toastie!’

I think it's going to be way better than it has any right to be and, as a huge fan of this franchise and James Bond, I'm glad it's actually going to arrive soon as opposed to the latter. 

Let's just try not to judge too soon and enjoy it when it drops. 

33 minutes ago, LiMuBai said:

Loved the trailer, even after the dialogue got really cheesy. One question: where’s Johnny Cage?

After?

Are you expecting this to have non- cheesey dialogue?

It really shouldn't (and couldn't) be serious though surely? The games know they're completely ridiculous. 

2 minutes ago, Scribblor said:

:blink:

I think it looks like utter, utter garbage. Exactly the sort of utter garbage I'll watch, mind you. But it doesn't look good.

I don't mean good by konventional movie standards - I mean it looks like what I want from a MK movie. I kan't see it being konsidered for any Oskars. 

1 hour ago, Stoppy2000 said:

I don't mean good by konventional movie standards - I mean it looks like what I want from a MK movie. I kan't see it being konsidered for any Oskars. 

Oh no you're one of these people who watch Fast and Furious and say things like "It's a good popcorn movie!" and "Just turn your brain off and have a good time!"

Mortal Kombat ABSOLUTELY could be an Oscar winning film if it was made with any love and care

29 minutes ago, Capwn said:

Oh no you're one of these people who watch Fast and Furious and say things like "It's a good popcorn movie!" and "Just turn your brain off and have a good time!"

Mortal Kombat ABSOLUTELY could be an Oscar winning film if it was made with any love and care

Oh no are you one of those people who think Zac Snyder makes good films? 

Mortal Kombat should absolutely be embracing it's over the top nature. It can still be good. There is no chance in hell of a Mortal Kombat movie winning an Oscar without it being something that is entirely at odds with the source material. 

• 2 months later...
On 19/02/2021 at 19:54, Capwn said:

Jackson 'Jax' Briggs is a world-class African-American pianist, who is about to embark on a concert tour in Outworld in 1962. In need of a driver and protection, Jax recruits Kabal, a tough-talking former police officer from an Italian-American neighbourhood in the Bronx. Despite their differences, the two men soon develop an unexpected bond while confronting racism, danger and elder gods in an era of segregation.

63% on Rotten Tomatoes, yep I was right.

Another way to tell ahead of time if a movie is going to be poor? It has a ORANGE/BLUE poster. That's a fact by the way, if anyone knows of a movie with a ORANGE/BLUE poster let me know.

image.png.15912d3e01af6006ebf24f69b2358c95.png

Oh, hold on I forgot. Rllmuk loves it's ORANGE/BLUE poster films as you've all recently been trying to convince yourselves that this movie is 'fun' too.

image.png.39b8e228ca3920aabfa3a9bfc0b5dc96.png

2 hours ago, Capwn said:

Another way to tell ahead of time if a movie is going to be poor? It has a ORANGE/BLUE poster. That's a fact by the way, if anyone knows of a movie with a ORANGE/BLUE poster let me know.

Well he's no Soderbergh but my man Andrei says hi.

solaris-vintage-movie-poster-original.jpg