rllmuk
Pug

Nintendo Switch Lite

Just now, NEG said:

:blink2:

Ok let's try again:- 

Are games designed from the ground up solely for handheld use on Switch?

Were they on GBA?

I mean basically all I'm saying is that the screen can't get much smaller than a Lite because some games are already difficult to make out on a standard Switch as it is.

It ain't rocket science :P

• Upvote 1

For what it's worth, I found the current screen way too small for Breath of the Wild, which is about as ‘home’ a game as it gets, but lots of others have no trouble playing it handheld. A 10" screen is probably as small as I'd go before feeling that I was losing some of the experience. Dead Cells was also much harder to play, with edgescreen baddies getting closer to me before I noticed them.

This is ultimately what turned me off the Switch: I felt visually handicapped in most games that weren't designed for handheld, and the dock's up against the other consoles and PC if you have any.

My main complaint with the Lite is that they've kept a big bezel when they could've made it significantly more portable. The JCs are already uncomfortable.

• Upvote 1

Pretty close, yeah. I found BotW fine in shrines and those ‘brown mazes’, but whenever the horizon opened up I felt I was missing out.

I'd really like Nintendo to merge the best of U and Switch for their next console: a 1080p handheld with HDMI-out, alongside a 4K homehub with an optional gamepad. Prime 4 with PS4.5-gen graphics on a home screen and/or gamepad, or a still-class-leading 1080 for portables that can plug into screens. Maybe Ryzen could fill that role when the time comes?

Ah, the sweet refrain of the Nintendo fan getting wistful imagining what their games would be like with "proper" graphics. Please understand.

• Upvote 2
  • Empathy 1

2 hours ago, sharak said:

I still want a switch but as I don't have any friend to play mario kart with...

...I'll play online instead?

40 minutes ago, strider said:

I actually want one of these, for no other reason that it has a proper dpad.

7 minutes ago, merrychan said:

Same

What about one of these? 

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/8455334?&cmpid=GS001&_$ja=tsid:59158|acid:532-198-3455|cid:598901029|agid:43323979667|tid:aud-641224040817:pla-480717070733|crid:184571859992|nw:g|rnd:10636641467072560128|dvc:c|adp:1o2|mt:|loc:1007410&gclid=EAIaIQobChMItMOB69654wIVg7TtCh3nfQXqEAQYAiABEgKFGvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

You can only use it in handheld mode, I believe, but then you can only use the Switch lite in handheld mode.

Why are Nintendo so against us having a decent d-pad whilst on TV mode??

• Upvote 1

I have one of those dpad JoyCon things and found it to be pretty poor. I preferred the standard JoyCon for Street Fighter and the like (though I now use the 8bitdo M30 for that).

25 minutes ago, cohen205 said:

What about one of these? 

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/8455334?&cmpid=GS001&_$ja=tsid:59158|acid:532-198-3455|cid:598901029|agid:43323979667|tid:aud-641224040817:pla-480717070733|crid:184571859992|nw:g|rnd:10636641467072560128|dvc:c|adp:1o2|mt:|loc:1007410&gclid=EAIaIQobChMItMOB69654wIVg7TtCh3nfQXqEAQYAiABEgKFGvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

You can only use it in handheld mode, I believe, but then you can only use the Switch lite in handheld mode.

Why are Nintendo so against us having a decent d-pad whilst on TV mode??

They’re not. It’s just that they feel a d pad for single joycon play would be bad.