rllmuk

What's everyone's current loves?

Currently nearing the end of MasterChef Australia Season 11, and have watched all of the Chef Show.

Despite being vegetarian I love food TV even if it's meat focussed.

Can watch Parts Unknown forever.

I still watch competitive stuff - the UK Masterchefs in all their guises, The Great British Menu, and Bake Off, but have cut back on regular celeb chef stuff. I do like Nailed It! on Netflix for it's car crash potential - and the host is great fun.

All the netflix stuff is good - Salt, Fat, Acid, Heat was particularly wonderful though, going to the source for traditionally made soy sauce, or tortillas made by hand.

This isn't in the spirit of the thread necessarily but I love cutthroat kitchen (and of course, Alton Brown's "Good Eats" is great if you can get hold of it)

• Upvote 1

On 15/07/2019 at 14:39, Gaz said:

All the netflix stuff is good - Salt, Fat, Acid, Heat was particularly wonderful though, going to the source for traditionally made soy sauce, or tortillas made by hand.

+1 for Salt Fat Acid Heat. I know a few people who find the host annoying, but I loved watching her dive into her subject matters with so much love. To be honest, it's one of the few cooking shows that actually made me a (slightly) better cook - it drilled into a few important elements... 

I also have a soft spot for Raymond Blanc's Kitchen Secrets, but I think that's more because I find him very easy to watch...