IGNORED

Mulan - Disney live action remake

JohnC

• 4 months later...

I wanted to see this but the main actress’ politics and the fact that she hasn’t been very good in another movie I’ve seen had put me off this.  If it’s a straight wuxia movie, there are pretty high bars to measure against.  The orchestral soundtrack seems great though.  

• 1 month later...

No Mushu...surely that is going to lose some of the heart of the film and is my biggest criticism of how Aladdin ended up. I did t warm to Will Smith but I also don't think the script played to his strengths. However, Abu and carpet had no real character in the live action -they were essentially props despite them both having a huge presence in the original. I think this film will have a similar problem. 

• 6 months later...

Let's hope so. The one glimmer of hope in all this is getting to glimpse the desperation of creatively bankrupt multinational corporations that are used to bathing in billions getting a taste of the possible death throes of capitalism.

10 hours ago, Benny said:

Let's hope so. The one glimmer of hope in all this is getting to glimpse the desperation of creatively bankrupt multinational corporations that are used to bathing in billions getting a taste of the possible death throes of capitalism.

This.

Th emovie is something the CCP would make, fuck Xinnie the Pooh!!!

12 hours ago, Benny said:

image.jpeg.5aa6a1c7d8d175a1b980d3391109f997.jpeg

I assume it will still be on “normal” Disney plus six odd months down the line, so I don’t have too much problem with the concept of paying extra as an alternative to the cinema when it’s brand new, but the pricing is mental considering the local cinemas are £4.99 a ticket (and there are only two of us).

5 minutes ago, sandman said:

I think this is going to backfire on them big time - people will see it as bad form to have to pay extra when they are already paying a monthly fee.

Imagine if Netflix had charged an extra £30 to watch The Irishman

Its going to backfire anyway, at least they have a scapegoat to blame i.e piracy 

3 minutes ago, MrPogo said:

The pricing is mental considering the local cinemas are £4.99 a ticket (and there are only two of us).

You say that, but my local cinema is £13 a ticket and there are 4 of us, so the pricing looks quite attractive. Not that I’m going to watch it. 

5 minutes ago, sandman said:

I think this is going to backfire on them big time - people will see it as bad form to have to pay extra when they are already paying a monthly fee.

Imagine if Netflix had charged an extra £30 to watch The Irishman

Definitely, I think it’s very cheeky of Disney to do this as it’s a slippery slope to them paywalling other stuff in my opinion. They should just put it on Disney+, but I guess their business model is going to have to change before that happens.  

• 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, grounded_dreams said:

The film will be available to purchase via Apple’s App Store, Google Play and Roku, not just through Disney+

It's only on Disney+. That link just says that platform holder fees apply on those platforms:

A Disney rep confirmed to Variety that for purchases of “Mulan” made on the Disney Plus app through the in-app payment systems of Apple’s App Store, Google Play and Roku, Disney will be subject to transaction fees taken by each of those platforms. In the case of Apple and Google the standard in-app transaction fee is 30%, while Roku keeps 20% of sales on its platform.