Glastonbury new for 2022 (includes 2019 chat)

Stanley

13 hours ago, Arc'Tan'Gent said:

Re: Confidence Man recommendations from earlier. They're obviously a lot of fun and got the crowd going hard, but the costume changes and awful synchronised dancing was pure Butlins. I'd catch them at a festival if it was a choice between them and Elbow, I guess.

th?id=OIP.GejQKLHUVnVb-TG884WFNQHaFj%26p

27 minutes ago, Fierce Poodle said:

Another octogenarian slaying it on the pyramid stage, this time Herbie Hancock.

In UHD on iplayer too…nice!

I watched a few songs from the Idles set last night. I've not listened to a great deal of Idles before. I like their left wing lyrics and they have great energy. But I never realised until now how much of an influence they take from nu metal! At times they full on sounded like Coal Chamber or Static X or something.

2 minutes ago, dino_jr said:

while I'd suggest the best thing all weekend, a Total genius.

But opinions vary I suppose 

Sonically like nails down a chalkboard to me. His voice, guitar tone and playing, I find it completely unlistenable. I know he's talented but I just can't get into it.

What do you like about it? How did you find a way in?

Never really listened to Rufus Wainwright before, but I was absolutely stunned by his set. What a remarkable voice. Humour, sadness, the influence of musicals, just wonderful. 

His cover of Somewhere over the Rainbow had me welling up. Beautiful. 

Other favourite set was Self Esteem. Loved the songs, her magnificent voice, the choreography, the mix of pain and positivity, and of course the Sheffield Meadowhall bra. Just brilliant. 

iPlayer has been a bit piss poor at updates today - I've not really watched anything live as-it-happens.

I've enjoyed IDLES, Foals, Black Midi (a bit mad that one), a bit of Mitki, Four Ter Olivia Rodrigo and Megan - the latter there had so much arse on display, the BCC anti-arse shot director will be asking for a raise.

Might tune in a bit later to see how Kendrick performs - and I might check out Macca if they ever upload it. I'll be steering well clear of Jack White and PSB

Only caught the last two Turnstile songs but I love them so much - will be checking out the full set when I can, if you’ve never seen them before you are in for a real treat. 

6 minutes ago, spanx said:

Where’s the Macca set on iPlayer. Was looking forward to settling down with a G&T and watching this evening, but nuffin. Booo

Was the same when the Stones headlined - the full set wasn't broadcast and never shown.

Heard lots about Kendrick and his Damn album, never heard anything but will watch tonight.

Just now, Uncle Nasty said:

Was the same when the Stones headlined - the full set wasn't broadcast and never shown.

Heard lots about Kendrick and his Damn album, never heard anything but will watch tonight.

I am VERY much looking forward to Kendrick. He’s got a very deep and diverse back catalogue - just can’t see it being anything other than amazing

13 minutes ago, spanx said:

I am VERY much looking forward to Kendrick. He’s got a very deep and diverse back catalogue - just can’t see it being anything other than amazing

Looking forward to it and will be fully wined up by then.

Jarvis now, like what he's played so far. Good to see him. Satnav anecdote ("proceed to the route"- "I am fucking trying") got a giggle out of me.

Confidence Man still the stars of the show for me.

43 minutes ago, Uncle Nasty said:

McCartney’s full set was broadcast, just with an hour delay.