Glastonbury new for 2022 (includes 2019 chat)

Stanley

6 minutes ago, Graham S said:

During the recent bad times I got super into solo Paul for the first time so bring it on. 

He has a lot of excellent solo songs. 

I’ve got to take my hat off to Macca still doing the “here’s one off the new album” routine at his age. You don’t need to shill your records Paul!

But I’m a massive Beatles fan and I’m loving it. It’s amazing how he can belt them out when by rights he should be pottering round his allotment.

Re: Confidence Man recommendations from earlier. They're obviously a lot of fun and got the crowd going hard, but the costume changes and awful synchronised dancing was pure Butlins. I'd catch them at a festival if it was a choice between them and Elbow, I guess.

5 minutes ago, hmm said:

Haven't seen him perform in years but he's simply fucking incredible. There's no way he's really 80, surely.

it’s the bit where plays for three hours that I can’t really grasp. Though he’s not really able to do his rock voice any longer.

12 minutes ago, Arc'Tan'Gent said:

Re: Confidence Man recommendations from earlier. They're obviously a lot of fun and got the crowd going hard, but the costume changes and awful synchroised dancing was pure Butlins. I'd catch them at a festival if it was a choice between them and Elbow, I guess.

I’d sooner catch genital herpes than Elbow.

57 minutes ago, Arc'Tan'Gent said:

Re: Confidence Man recommendations from earlier. They're obviously a lot of fun and got the crowd going hard, but the costume changes and awful synchronised dancing was pure Butlins. I'd catch them at a festival if it was a choice between them and Elbow, I guess.

Confidence Man are the Australian equivalent of Bad Boy Chiller Crew. Also playing Glasto this year.

Genuinely thought Blossoms bringing out Mel C for a cover of Spice Up Your Life was going to be the most surprising Glastonbury 2022 event but seeing 152 years of talent belting out Glory Days has certainly pipped that. 

I'm not a McCartney fan really but I've had a shit-eating grin for the last half hour. 

8 minutes ago, Darren said:

The duet with John has actually made me cry.

Me too, and not for the first time in this set.

Absolutely incredible set from McCartney, and he's still going!

I personally didn’t think Macca was great. There were a few good sing alongs but thought it seemed quite flat. He is 80 to be fair and I like him overall but the set / performance / atmos didn’t do it for me. ☹️

Last week I saw a clip on YouTube of Bruce Springsteen joining him for those same songs on the last night of his US tour. But I thought that was just because he was playing in New Jersey - didn't expect it to be repeated tonight! :D

I wonder how much they pay the certified brain genius at the BBC who decided that organising the iPlayer stuff by stage/time wasn't "curated" enough and gave us this constantly shifting nonsense layout instead. 

At the festival - best performance I have seen in person was Little Simz, who we were about three rows back for. Just incredible, and getting to see Cleo Sol actually perform live was a massive treat.

Burna Boy was also great, and Tems.

We started to fall asleep during McCartney and so went and saw Kurupt FM on a giant metal spider that shoots out fire. Will catch up with it on iPlayer I guess.

16 minutes ago, Exidor said:

I wonder how much they pay the certified brain genius at the BBC who decided that organising the iPlayer stuff by stage/time wasn't "curated" enough and gave us this constantly shifting nonsense layout instead. 

Is there some licensing issues as well? There seems to be very little available on demand, way less than I remember last time. Where's McCartney's set nearly 12 hours later? Why can I seemingly only watch a single HAIM song.

14 minutes ago, pledge said:

Is there some licensing issues as well? There seems to be very little available on demand, way less than I remember last time. Where's McCartney's set nearly 12 hours later? Why can I seemingly only watch a single HAIM song.

Press the red button on BBC1 and you can access much more content. Whole sets are up, although there is a combined Haim and Leon Bridges one up with about half an hour of each. 

1 hour ago, Stopharage said:

Press the red button on BBC1 and you can access much more content. Whole sets are up, although there is a combined Haim and Leon Bridges one up with about half an hour of each. 

From Freeview BBC1 on my TV that just gives me the option to open the iPlayer app :( Either way just seems really backwards you'd have it behind the red button and not on iPlayer 

Really looking forward to Kendrick Lamar later. Didn’t get on very well with his most recent album but then it is a very challenging and confrontational work - so I’m hoping also that his performance is similarly charged, yet we still get to get down and party. 

I can't be arsed with Kendrick Lamar. I'd have a tough choice if I was there between Pet Shop Boys and Charli XCX. Both I'd imagine will be loads of fun.

8 minutes ago, Orion said:

I can't be arsed with Kendrick Lamar. I'd have a tough choice if I was there between Pet Shop Boys and Charli XCX. Both I'd imagine will be loads of fun.

Yeah they should both be excellent - do you know what time PSB are on? 

Just now, Stanley said:

Yeah they should both be excellent - do you know what time PSB are on? 

Line up has PSB at 9.40 to 11.15. But could shift about.