Glastonbury new for 2022 (includes 2019 chat)

Stanley

6 hours ago, skondo said:

I don't know who I need to watch to see a performance full of joy, energy and enthusiasm. I need something like Janelle Monae from a few years ago. Her set was astonishing 

Definitely Confidence Man. 

As for today, Metronomy have been absolutely joyous. Would have paid the ticket price for their set alone. 

3 minutes ago, Exidor said:

I haven't thought about Caribou for about 15 years but I really enjoyed his set just now. Might be time to catch up on all the stuff I've missed.

From what I saw it appeared almost identical to the set they did a few years ago. They were even wearing the same outfits. Not that that’s necessarily a bad thing.

2 hours ago, Uncle Nasty said:

Managed one and half songs of Noel Gallagher, just sounded like a total mess of boring shit to me.

Leon Bridges also on now and a lot better.

Most of it sounds like the theme tune to Open All Hours, but not as good.

1 hour ago, Fierce Poodle said:

What were you expecting from Noel Gallagher? 

Dunno, haven't heard anything by him since Be Here Now. I thought it might be a bit more Kinks-y or Small Faces-y somehow. Moddish. But this was dirgy and boring.

McCartney is late to start, wonder if the curfew will cut his set short.

22 hours ago, footle said:

you mean lyrics full of innuendo, repeated over one note, with the occasional I-IV-V guitar riff doesn’t work for you?

I had to search I-IV-V on YouTube, you have ruined music for me.

2 minutes ago, Uncle Nasty said:

Dunno, haven't heard anything by him since Be Here Now. I thought it might be a bit more Kinks-y or Small Faces-y somehow. Moddish. But this was dirgy and boring.

McCartney is late to start, wonder if the curfew will cut his set short.

Oh okay, you can't stream it until 10.30.

Never heard or seen anything from Billie Eilish before… completely off my radar. Thoroughly enjoying it, fuck wasting my time watching a Gallagher yawning his way through some dreary dad rock

2 hours ago, Uncle Nasty said:

Managed one and half songs of Noel Gallagher, just sounded like a total mess of boring shit to me.

Leon Bridges also on now and a lot better.

My wife walked down the aisle to Leon Bridges yesterday so he now has a huge place in my heart. Loved the tracks he did with Khruangbin. 

4 minutes ago, spanx said:

My wife walked down the aisle to Leon Bridges yesterday so he now has a huge place in my heart. Loved the tracks he did with Khruangbin. 

Congratulations you smooth MF.

9 minutes ago, spanx said:

Never heard or seen anything from Billie Eilish before… completely off my radar. Thoroughly enjoying it, fuck wasting my time watching a Gallagher yawning his way through some dreary dad rock

I think this is the thing with Glastonbury. Ignore all the stuff you know or think you'll like, and take some chances on acts you've never even heard of or are a bit curious about.

First time I saw or heard The Kills was on the Glastonbury feed, loved them straight away and ended up seeing them live a bunch of times. Crazy good concerts.

19 minutes ago, spanx said:

She was a real breath of fresh air for the pop world. Can headline festivals and pop stages with ease. 

Mitski was great and I was watching Roisin Murphy but after a busy day I’m nodding off. Catch up with some more tomorrow. Also enjoyed Glass Animals earlier.

@StopharageUnfortunately I missed Metronomy, but hope to watch their set on iPlayer tomorrow.