rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Do 71

PS Plus July 2019 | Detroit: Become Human & Horizon Chase Turbo

Detroit is really, really fucking excellent and so much better than the prior David Cage games. 

It's pretty much the original concept with this style of game better realised. 

• Upvote 3
  • Empathy 1

3 minutes ago, Uncle Mike said:

I thought you said not to say anything you couldn't take back?

I'm just bitter anyway, because I was actually looking forwards to having PES.

:lol: In fairness, I too was looking forward to giving PES a shot. Haven't played one in ages. 

2 minutes ago, Eighthours said:

Looking forward to playing Detroit! I hope it's either completely barking or terrible, and not just average.

I actually found it to be the most compelling of the Quantic games.  I didn't really notice how crass the themes were handled at the time, so you YMMV. 

It has some neat touches though, e.g. one of the 3 protagonists can die in their very first scene of the game and are then absent for the rest of the story - that's pretty cool! 

Yeah, no one does branching stories like "Le Producteur", that's for sure. Something Telltale always struggled with - if you had to choose between character A and character B to live, then no matter who you chose, you know that the guy is on borrowed time anyway and will be exiting stage left before the end of the episode (or more likely, end of the chapter). With a Cage game, it's all up for grabs.

I think Beyond Two Souls & Heavy Rain have been on PS+ already so I predict some users will have issues adding this digital edition to their library.

Three David Cage games now. Shows how much Sony value them. Last year I used to look forward to the announcement but PS Plus has become a bit of a joke recently.

PES I would have actually tried.

• Downvote 1

It's an upgrade for me. It's gone from something I have absolutely no interest in, to something I have next to no interest in!

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, dug said:

It's an upgrade for me. It's gone from something I have absolutely no interest in, to something I have next to no interest in!

Same here! There's a very very small chance I might actually download this before my PS+ runs out later this year.

4 hours ago, gospvg said:

I think Beyond Two Souls & Heavy Rain have been on PS+ already so I predict some users will have issues adding this digital edition to their library.

It's worked in a weird way. I've now got Detroit in my library and 2 copies of Heavy Rain. One was hidden as I am never going to play it, the other had just appeared. So it looks like it's a separate version and won't cause an issue.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Wickedkitten said:

Fucksake, I just got it in the sale as well 

Actually hadn't thought about this, putting in the Days of Play sale and then on PSplus the next month is proper shit.

28 minutes ago, PeteBrant said:

Actually hadn't thought about this, putting in the Days of Play sale and then on PSplus the next month is proper shit.

Yeah, normally they don't do stuff like that, guess it's just cos it was a last minute swap.

I bought Detroit a couple of months ago but hadn't got round to playing it until the last 2 weeks. I really enjoyed it so I don't mind the £15 I could have saved, I guess it's not much of a proper "game" as such but gets far closer to what he has been trying to do than any of his previous games. Beyond Two Souls I just couldn't get through despite really liking Heavy Rain, I'm gonna give it another go I reckon. I was thinking of waiting for the PC ports of them but after trying the demos there's really nothing added to make it worth the bother so I'll stick with the PS4 versions I've already got. Detroit is almost worth playing just for the incredible graphics, some of the absolute best I've ever seen even compared to any PC games I've played.

Horizon Chase Turbo started off good but very quickly turned into an annoying chore, I didn't realise the devs used to work on mobile games but it make a lot of sense, I wasn't actually having fun playing it, more just trying to avoid frustration.

• Upvote 1