rllmuk

So my Space Hulk turned up!

And it's in Italian which means its going back to them.

Annoyingly as well you can get the Italian Language decks on Amazon for about £15.

So back to the drawing board with that one, but if anyone has a copy that's complete they want to part with please let me know. 

• Empathy 1

I've got a copy that's only been played a couple of times I'd sell, probably not gonna make it to the table any time soon for me. Let me dig it out and check it's in decent condition.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Blunted said:

I've got a copy that's only been played a couple of times I'd sell, probably not gonna make it to the table any time soon for me. Let me dig it out and check it's in decent condition.

Be good if you could, i would appreciate it! 

No rush :)

Just been watching some people stream 7th Continent and it's really pipped my interest.

I have noticed one thing however, everyone that has finished it really seems pissed off by the ending etc. 

Is this going to be one of things where i buy it play it and then like everyone else seem to be really unhappy with the outcome of it all?

It's expensive, hard to find, and, in my opinion, vastly overrated. I would struggle to recommend it. I'd be tempted to offer you mine (or my replacement cards) but I'm based in Japan and shipping it would be prohibitive.

44 minutes ago, Tourist said:

It's expensive, hard to find, and, in my opinion, vastly overrated. I would struggle to recommend it. I'd be tempted to offer you mine (or my replacement cards) but I'm based in Japan and shipping it would be prohibitive.

I appreciate the sentiment. 

I bet living in Japan is cool, bet there's so many cool games out there we don't see over there. 

And you get all those cool things like Space Marine Heroes etc. 

2 hours ago, The Eagle Lord said:

Just been watching some people stream 7th Continent and it's really pipped my interest.

I have noticed one thing however, everyone that has finished it really seems pissed off by the ending etc. 

Is this going to be one of things where i buy it play it and then like everyone else seem to be really unhappy with the outcome of it all?

It's ingenious, and wonderfully suited to solo play, but once you have solved each curse and completed it (or simply solved it if you can't be bothered to complete it), it has no replay value.  It's  a game-ifcation of the classic create your own adventure books really.  The best part is the initial exploration phase where you are seeing how all the sections fit together - the jungle area, the desert area etc etc, and initiating the encounters for the first time.   Serious Pulp are also really precious about not making it available to retail (its basically packs of cards with dividers and holders, easy as pie to manufacture).  I'll be selling mine at some point but have two curses to solve, and the expansion which adds a few bells and whistles and more curses (3 or 4 iirc), and I won't be getting it out again for several months, so that will be some time off.  No point at all in keeping it longer though.  Not a "black hole" award winner!

I'll post here when the next Hexplore kickstarter goes live on 1 August - I'm working though the character combinations in the first game and it's an absolute gem for solo play.

8 hours ago, The Eagle Lord said:

I bet living in Japan is cool, bet there's so many cool games out there we don't see over there. 

I think the only JP only games I have are not soloable - 枯山水 and 文絵のために - but there are a bunch of small box games over here that I would love to try if I thought I could smuggle them past my wife.

In case anyone plays any of the Wizkids Dice Masters sets (admittedly i've just found the set Moosegrinder brought me years ago) i have found some that has made some solo rules which seem to  apply to whatever flavour you want to play (X-Men, D&D etc)

DMS_1.0.pdf

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, The Eagle Lord said:

In case anyone plays any of the Wizkids Dice Masters sets (admittedly i've just found the set Moosegrinder brought me years ago) i have found some that has made some solo rules which seem to  apply to whatever flavour you want to play (X-Men, D&D etc)

DMS_1.0.pdf 1.11 MB · 1 download

That might work better, but you can easily play the two sides of the game just using the normal rules and making sure you make the decisions you would if it was a two player game. I’ve done it a few times just to test teams.

I’ve again not tried it, but there is also quite a big scene for playing Dice Masters online with a webcam over Skype or whatever. They seem like good people though. Join the Facebook groups (the U.K. one particularly) and get the lay of the land.

• Upvote 1