rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
MW_Jimmy

Disaster Report 4: Summer Memories - finally coming to the West!

I'm so happy this is getting a release over here!

Disaster Report 4 is the latest in the Disaster Report / Raw Danger / SOS: Final Escape series and this release has had a long road to get here.

DR4 was originally due to be released on PS3 but then the Japan earthquake happened and the game was cancelled indefinitely. A few years passed and fans were still upset at the cancellation and so new company Granzella (former IREM employees) formed and acquired the rights. They made some PlayStation Home content (£££) and then set to work on developing DR4 again from scratch.

I'm currently playing DR1 - it has a lot of terrible dialogue, but the game is oddly serene in its pace as you try to navigate to safety - it doesn't really have strong survival mechanics (like say Don't Starve) but the looming threat that any part of the environment might fall apart at any time.

Disaster Report 4 is due early 2020 on PC, PS4 and Switch.

Past Releases

2003 - SOS: Final Escape (DR1) - PS2

2007 - Raw Danger! (DR2) - PS2

2009 - Disaster Report 3 (Japan only) - PSP

• Upvote 7

Always liked the look of these but never got round to trying any of them. Going to have to remedy that next year.

I loved the PS2 one back in the day. I'll be all over the Switch version. 

Apparently PC aswell. Its worth mentioning they released another disaster style game called 'City Shrouded in Shadow' which instead of natural disasters Patlabor, Ultraman, Eva's and Godzilla come to town!

• Upvote 2

Completed SOS on the PS2 and along with Day of Crisis on the Wii, it's one of my favourite clunk'em-ups. I never got round to starting Raw Danger; might have to give that a bash.

Oh man. An actual b-tier videogame for this disappointingly slick and high budget AAA generation. Yes!

• Upvote 4