rllmuk
neoELITE

EFL League 1, League 2, National League and Beyond 2019/20 Season

My Team Will....  

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 hours ago, El Pibe said:

We have been over performing and so a slump has felt inevitable. Hopefully, we'll pick up again as I can't face the playoffs again.

I'd prefer finishing 8th than 4th to 7th as I can't stand the play-offs either. If four go up, it should be the top four. It isn't the chance to go up and the stress. If you get to Wembley, it's a bank holiday and getting to London from Devon is a ball ache unless you drive or go by club coach and it's expensive. It cost a fortune on the train last time. If you lose, it's horrible.

I hope, with our run in, we should be in the top three. We've got Exeter, Northampton and Port Vale but all at home.

36 minutes ago, neoELITE said:

I'd prefer finishing 8th than 4th to 7th as I can't stand the play-offs either. If four go up, it should be the top four. It isn't the chance to go up and the stress. If you get to Wembley, it's a bank holiday and getting to London from Devon is a ball ache unless you drive or go by club coach and it's expensive. It cost a fortune on the train last time. If you lose, it's horrible.

I hope, with our run in, we should be in the top three. We've got Exeter, Northampton and Port Vale but all at home.

I think you'll be fine, sadly! :lol:

Yep. I've been to 4 play-off finals and seen 1 win. Not a great ratio.

Cov are five points clear at the top with a game in hand, have taken more points in 2020 than the other 90 league teams and enjoy the longest unbeaten run in all four divisions also. I've never seen this kind of thing in my life, even when we got out of League 2 it was by hanging on for a playoff spot. Crowdfunding for a Mark Robins statue to go next to my little David Speedie shrine.

The Championship will be fun for a year and you'll be back in this thread again.

The jump from League 1 to the Championship is now like entering the Premier League. Without a big cash injection, Coventry will really struggle. Barnsley and Luton are proving that this season. Charlton not so much but sides like Rotherham and Peterborough have both done a yo-yo over the years. 

You need to be playing in Coventry too. 

I’m still expecting the league to be abandoned leading to no one going up or down. 

Wrexham were the better side at the weekend, but we struggled to get many shots on goal against a piss poor Eastleigh so it ended 0-0. We also could have done without 3rd from bottom Ebbsfleet getting a decent win away at Hartlepool resulting in them being only 4 points behind us now. I think we'll just about pick up enough points to stay up, but who knows what can fucking happen when you get down to less than 10 games left.

Scott Quigley sent off  for Barrow will give us hope going into our game against them on Saturday at least. 

11 hours ago, AfromB said:

I’m still expecting the league to be abandoned leading to no one going up or down. 

That might well happen. If teams can't generate income from games, I fear for half the sides in League 1 and 2 and beyond surviving until August without match day income.

15 hours ago, neoELITE said:

The Championship will be fun for a year and you'll be back in this thread again.

The jump from League 1 to the Championship is now like entering the Premier League. Without a big cash injection, Coventry will really struggle. Barnsley and Luton are proving that this season. Charlton not so much but sides like Rotherham and Peterborough have both done a yo-yo over the years. 

You need to be playing in Coventry too. 

Looking at the bottom three in the Championship currently, if we did go up a fantastic season would be clinging on by our fingernails (the Cov classic) but I don't know, I've seen three of the four possible relegations the league has to offer so it doesn't hold the fear it once did. Just being back at that table for a while is something I couldn't foresee, especially when we were on the way to League 2 and smart money had us more likely to drop out of the league than anything else. Unless Wasps somehow implode or pick up sticks and move I don't see us ever being back in Cov on terms that favour us so I'm just clinging to any positives while I can.

• Upvote 1

Nice to have a pretty stress-free and easy on the eye victory over Torquay last Saturday.  It's always lovely to see a left footed free kick curling into the very top corner of the net.  Impressed also by our signing from Haringay - Colby Rowe - who is now our tallest outfield player and who seems a very calm and well positioned centre back - he made loads of interceptions.  Two more home games on the trot - monkey-hangers and Fylde.

Sense prevails. All football is off until April. I have no idea if they'll train properly. 

I think it'll be extended until May or June. April 3rd isn't far away.

At least I don't have to go to the Devon derby on a Monday night.

Life is more important.

A haitus.

21 hours ago, Cosmic_Guru said:

National league is still on, rightly or wrongly.  

Ridiculous. Some teams have higher attendances than some League 1 and 2 sides.

Agreed. There's no real logic being applied here although I can understand clubs wanting to continue where possible.  Several NL matches have subsequently been postponed so I reckon it's only a matter  of time before  we too grind to a halt.  

My local national league team's game is off as some of the opposition team are self isolating. I don't get how they can just postpone it because some players don't want to play. 

Big crowd here with loads of casuals (casuals = cash). Howler from HU keeper gifted SU an early lead but since  then it's been all Hartlepool.

Sutton came into the game more second half and hit the bar twice late on. Both sides probably content with the point in the circumstances.  Scheduled to play again v Fylde Tuesday. ...

Northern Premier League has been suspended until further notice :angry:

Nonleague season has been expunged. No promotions or relegations. 

Well, Coventry have somehow managed to go a whole month at the top of the league. I’m not sure that we’ve ever managed that before. What a year to pick to have a decent team for a change. :huh:

We've furloughed staff including "some playing staff". I'd assume that's our under 23 players. 

I fear for a lot of League 1 and 2 sides. I can see many going bankrupt. We might end up losing 20 or even 30 teams.

After more years than I can remember, Southend United have finally confirmed with the local council a move to their new stadium

Looks like they had to massively scale back (again) their proposal for the site, now it will be a 14,000 seats stadium and the plans for shops, cinema and restaurant at the new location have all been scrapped to be replaced by housing.

The outlook doesn't get any better outside the football league either. It's pretty inevitable we'll see a significant number of clubs going bankrupt. Plenty more will be utterly reliant on fans and new investors rallying to save their clubs. 

Wrexham have furloughed staff including all players today and with 5 home games left have estimated that we will be 250,000 down on what we budgeted for this season. We've only had 2 home games since January. Cancelled summer gigs at the Racecourse revenue gone too. We've been a well run club financially in recent years, but clearly cannot survive on no source of income whatsoever for very long.

Almost two months top of the league now!!!

Also, this thing of beauty arrived today. 

*I’ve no idea why they are the wrong way  up. Sorry.

3530C8FA-1664-4DF5-9A44-C0091C316BCF.jpeg

83FCD9F0-B4C5-4FEB-AC63-E08580A41A5F.jpeg

96AD22AF-26B5-435C-A59E-7C78389CA2F0.jpeg

• Upvote 2

I saw they'd launched a sale but that seemed to be the only item still at full whack so it must be really selling well. Nabbed the overlooked yellow away instead, what a beaut.

Big rumours that the EFL will be going with average points per game. I can't see that going down well with anyone apart from those being promoted. 

2 hours ago, neoELITE said:

Big rumours that the EFL will be going with average points per game. I can't see that going down well with anyone apart from those being promoted. 

And they have to figure out how the Play-offs work unless they want to enrage even more clubs and let 3rd (or 4th in L2) go up.

FIFA? Coin Toss? Expect a handful of clubs to actually get ready to play and participate in 1/2 or 3 games?

We're third but I categorically don't want to go up by default. It just seems wrong. 

Being seven points clear of third with a game in hand on everyone else I'd want anything that isn't just forgetting everything since August and starting again. No solution will be fair to everyone but I do think it needs to be weighted more in favour of rewarding teams who had a good season rather than letting relegation-threatened sides off the hook.

17 hours ago, neoELITE said:

We're third but I categorically don't want to go up by default. It just seems wrong. 

And also a massive, massive anti-climax I'd assume.

The business end of the season is when the real excitement and memories happen. Sure, in a promotion season you'll remember and enjoy that winning run in November or when you beat the 2nd place team 4-0 in January, but its those games at the end as you inch towards promotion the whole point of the season. If Cardiff had gone up two years ago with the last 9 games of the season never taking place and then not being able to celebrate I'd wonder what was the point. And then, likelihood its going to be a long time before anyone even gets to see their newly promoted team actually play in the league above.

Imagine Leeds finally get back into the Premier League, but by the time fans can watch games at Elland Road again - they are already near relegated and/or any good results they had took place in weird behind closed doors games with 5 subs watched by fans in their own homes.

No idea what the answer is though - there isn't one, bar wait and wait and wait.

• Upvote 1