rllmuk
neoELITE

EFL League 1, League 2, National League and Beyond 2019/20 Season

My Team Will....  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Not sure if anyone's seen this on the news in the last week or so... 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50479168

Basically a player broke his ankle in a non league game a few years back and has now sued the opposing club and won. The club now has to pay 135k damages and legal fees which they can't so their main option is to sell their ground. 

This is a very dangerous precedent set by the courts as since this other players have started to some forward with claims. It's the end of semi pro football as we know it. 

This ruling also has a knock on affect further down to grass roots. Imagine a friendly 5 a side with your mates where you accidently injur someone and next thing you know you're in court... 

The club mentioned above have set up a go fund me page. 

https://www.gofundme.com/f/SaveOurGround

Even if you don't donate, please share the link on social media. The supporters are doing all they can but it would be a lot easier to raise some money if more than 400 people saw the link 

Sutton Utd 0; Bromley 2

Derby match full of niggle and playacting from Bromley.  We have addressed troublesome RB and GK positions by bringing in short term loanees with FL experience but it didn't alter anything on the afternoon.  Instead the usual situation in home games - we concede the first goal (this time following a free kick), huff and puff a lot without creating many clearcut chances and finding the opposition obdurate in the centre of our box each time we actually threaten, and then become vulnerable on the break.  In this match I didn't see exactly what calamity gifted Cheek the ball to calmly move forward and score with ease, but whatever it was that was game set and match (to mix sporting metaphors).  For the first time considerable numbers left early and there were mutterings about Gray out.  With virtually half the season gone it's hard to be optimistic.  I don't see us sacking the manager because we can't afford the compensation.

Notts County lost again, to Aldershot, with Arsenal being played off the park by Southampton, today has not been a good day.

We won. 2-1 against Bradford. That flattered Bradford as we dominated the entire game. Our new stand is ready now. Looks great. After years of having a three sides ground, we're almost there. I wish it joined our other stands though. If it did, we'd have a 20000 capacity. It's open on New Year's Day Vs Swindon. We should have 18000 for that one.

FB_IMG_1574547601935.thumb.jpg.3be9e57723c88b141ba53be39027b0c5.jpg

• Upvote 2

An unexpectedly really entertaining  game against Yeovil that finished 3-3 yesterday. The best attacking I've seen against Wrexham this season, with a player in Murphy to twat it in the net at the end of those fluid moves. They looked like a side that will finish high in the league. Brilliant second goal from distance from Rutherford for us. The last four games has seen 4 points against two top 5 sides and coming close to beating a League One team. We're in a better place now, but it's vital we take that improvement forward.

• Upvote 3

And we didn't. We reverted back to shit for the millionth time this season in a poor game a football between two generally rubbish looking teams won by one good goal that they should never have been in the position to score. We looked like a club going  down last night.

Wrexham 0 - Fylde 1

• Empathy 2

11 hours ago, Butters said:

Can you see a turnaround of players in January @Fatsam?

Some definitely leaving I reckon. We've seen almost all of our summer signings booted out of the matchday squad. I'm sure they'll be movement of those at some point. Loaned out to lower leagues. I'm hoping we get a couple in before January to be honest. A central midfielder and centre forward is what we need. Kennedy, who we had last season, has come in to cover defensive positions. He's alright. And new wide loan player Patrick looks okay and suited to the league.

• Upvote 1

The last home game we had was the first in a month. We aren't at home again for three weeks.

We play Rovers away tomorrow. We've sold out again for away tickets.

We've got amazing form and I think I'll be going to a midweek replay. I predict a draw.

Sutton Utd 3: Harrogate 1

Only the second home win of the season for Us and we could not have scored 3 finer goals - the first a stooping header from Beautyman, the second a stupendous long range effort which begs to be goal of the week from Tommy Wright and then a trademark finish from him coming in from the left to wrap up the points.  Their goal was a catalogue of errors again, but for once it didn't matter.

1 hour ago, wev said:

The Magpies (not Mike Ashley's Sports Direct Mugpies) just got binned out of the FA Cup by Northampton

And Ipswich got dragged into a 3rd game with Coventry in the space of 9 days, thanks to a late, late equaliser from the Home team :(

2-0 to Wrexham last night. Our first away win of the season at mid table Eastleigh. On loan Bradford City forward Omari Patrick got both of our goals. We switched to 5 at the back for the first time under Keates, possibly out of desperation rather than the result of inspired tactical nous, but it sounded like it suited the players and enabled us to get our best available players all out on the pitch at the same time.  

A home game against league title favourites Solihull on Saturday.

On 04/12/2019 at 17:12, Butters said:

The inconsistency obviously isn't helping the league position, but what is the general vibe with the Wrexham fans @Fatsam? Is Keates winning them over at all?

We have had good results, but also some poor ones, and taking a team to the very bottom of the conference isn't the best way to win fans over. So no, not really.

A good bunch of supporters are directing their dissatisfaction at the board at the moment. At least online they are. Which is fair enough. They made a pig's ear of replacing Ricketts after he left around this time last year and that's ultimately led to the position we are in.  

Just about to go to the Plymouth Argyle Vs Bristol Rovers replay. It's on BT Sport. Came straight from work. Bus was on time and no traffic. Been sat by the ground for an hour and I've eaten all my tangfastics already. 

Hopefully we'll win as we've got a winnable home tie against Coventry if we do. 

There's a severe lack of away fans. 

We battered them and lost by a scrappy goal that involved a clearance ricocheting off someone's back that turned into a cross. Sometimes, there's no justice. We were on top pretty much all the game but couldn't score. 

Bristol Rovers parked a big blue bus. We really need a striker in January. If we had VAR, we'd have won. A straight red in the first half too that wasn't given.

Sutton Utd v @Fatsam 's Wrexham today.  SU could have done without playing extra time and losing in the FAT replay midweek.  Both teams will doubtless scrap away for the much needed 3 points in this true "6 pointer", but with our abysmal home record the first to score will have a huge advantage.   

12 hours ago, Cosmic_Guru said:

Sutton Utd v @Fatsam 's Wrexham today.  SU could have done without playing extra time and losing in the FAT replay midweek.  Both teams will doubtless scrap away for the much needed 3 points in this true "6 pointer", but with our abysmal home record the first to score will have a huge advantage.   

Smashed us you buggers. Your home form may be abysmal, but our away form is more abysmal, so its not entirely surprising. And I had you lot down as our most tricky of games over this festive period against a succession of relegation candidates. Didn't follow the game as I was working, but what's the prevailing opinion on our performance from Sutton fans?

11 hours ago, Fatsam said:

Didn't follow the game as I was working, but what's the prevailing opinion on our performance from Sutton fans?

I'm not sure, partly because segregation was dropped and many of the reduced Wrexham contingent retreated to the bar before full time.  However, we played extremely well for once - you helped us to do so by also playing or trying to play good football and not disrupting play with industrial tackles and feigning injury, and we didn't concede that all important first goal.  We lost Harry Beautyman and our skipper to the aftereffects of a mid week car crash (not serious thankfully) but we seem to have found a good upfront combination at long last in Omar Bugiel and Tommy Wright.  It was an open game and easy on the eye.  Our second goal was a real team one and needs to be seen again - from defending we made 5 or 6 passes upfield and scored.  The penalty was a bit rash and it perhaps put a gloss to the score, although in the first half your keeper kept you in it with several good saves. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Cosmic_Guru said:

I'm not sure, partly because segregation was dropped and many of the reduced Wrexham contingent retreated to the bar before full time.  However, we played extremely well for once - you helped us to do so by also playing or trying to play good football and not disrupting play with industrial tackles and feigning injury, and we didn't concede that all important first goal.  We lost Harry Beautyman and our skipper to the aftereffects of a mid week car crash (not serious thankfully) but we seem to have found a good upfront combination at long last in Omar Bugiel and Tommy Wright.  It was an open game and easy on the eye.  Our second goal was a real team one and needs to be seen again - from defending we made 5 or 6 passes upfield and scored.  The penalty was a bit rash and it perhaps put a gloss to the score, although in the first half your keeper kept you in it with several good saves. 

Yeah, our keeper is ace and I have no doubt that if he had been fit from the start of the season that we would be a fair few points higher up the table. You certainly look like you've got your shit together enough recently to stay up. To be honest, you looked good enough against us earlier in the season. Massive game for us against Chorley on Boxing Day. On paper we should win, but my guess is the players will be nervous as hell, particularly with the bigger crowd.

16 hours ago, Coltrane said:

Great win for Pompey over the league leaders Wycombe yesterday.

There's only 3 points between 9th and 2nd in League 1. It is crazy tight at the top.

I feared for the Portsmouth fans. If Wycombe went 1-0 up, you'd still be there. 

Similar in League 2. 3 points between 3rd and 9th.

Sutton Utd 3: Yeovil Town 2

Don't know how this came across on the box but very pleasing indeed on the ground.  Both Yeovil fans and players were well mouthy.   Team of giants playing industrial football, frankly the Fl are welcome if they are successful.  Time wasting cheats.  We on the other hand are on something of a roll at the moment - I make it 7 undefeated in the league.  Also in that run at least a couple of GOTY contenders in recent matches - check out Bugiel's volley from outside the area in the first minute v Woking on Boxing day as well as the flowing team move v Wrexham.  Nothing special about our goals today though.  I think there were even a few ground hopping neutrals there today - not a common sighting - I stood next to a man with a decoy duck for a time.  Next up the return v Woking and then a long gap before the next home game.