rllmuk
neoELITE

EFL League 1, League 2, National League and Beyond 2019/20 Season

My Team Will....  

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10 hours ago, Coltrane said:

Watching Portsmouth these days is like getting deja vu every week.

1 hour ago, El Pibe said:

Paul Tisdale sacked by MK Dons. 

LOL.

There is your replacement Coltrane.

None of the players former manager Bryan Hughes' brought to the club started yesterday. We won 1-0 against the side top of the table

Superb goal too.

• Upvote 3

15 hours ago, Coltrane said:

No thanks!

22 hours ago, neoELITE said:

There is your replacement Coltrane.

I think Tisdale has spoken to Portsmouth a couple of times in the past. 

Will be interesting to see where he goes. Suspect plenty of L2 teams will still take a punt given his past promotions.

Two promotions in twelve years. Nathan Jones is more likely. That's if Jacket gets sacked of course. The Portsmouth board might have just written off the season.

11 hours ago, Fatsam said:

None of the players former manager Bryan Hughes' brought to the club started yesterday. We won 1-0 against the side top of the table

Superb goal too.

That's a cracking strike.

Results have been up and down under Keates, but how has he been received by the fans @Fatsam?  Have Hughes' signings just flopped?

4 hours ago, Butters said:

That's a cracking strike.

Results have been up and down under Keates, but how has he been received by the fans @Fatsam?  Have Hughes' signings just flopped?

Four were clearly not good enough from the off. Forward Harris started well, but dipped in form as the season has gone on. Attacker Redmond we expected much of but has been a massive flop. Ace striker Hooper is injured all the time. Most Wrexham fans were a bit underwhelmed by Keates coming back, but expect that he'd get us up the table a bit with some solid but generally poor football. Saturday's performance was typical of the previous time he was with us. We matched a surprisingly not that great Bromley side, restricted them to half chances, scored a cracker, and won 1-0. We've still got a core of decent conference players, but need to ditch the shit and bolster our squad with two or three better I think. Yeovil and Solihull aside, we play loads of sides towards the bottom of the table from now until the New year, so the chance is there to pick up a few points if we stay resilient and don't pick up any more key injuries. 

12 minutes ago, Butters said:

Does that four include Leighton McIntosh?

His general play is below conference standard to be honest, but to be fair to him he has shown an ability to find the net and I like his attitude.

I don't know, he might be someone who could improve with a bit of decent coaching. 

And he's well up for the Tunnocks. Could be a key figure when we play the kids from Rangers in quarter final.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, neoELITE said:

Two promotions in twelve years. Nathan Jones is more likely. That's if Jacket gets sacked of course. The Portsmouth board might have just written off the season.

Yeah I wouldn't say no to Nathan Jones. I think he did wonders with Luton and maybe should have stayed there.

I wouldn't put it past the board to stick with Kenny Jackett. They do seem to like and respect him a lot so it will probably take more catastrophic results than currently to shift him.

10 hours ago, neoELITE said:

Winning big at home will help Portsmouth but it was against a side who have a worse record than Bolton. 

Yeah, to be honest, it was looking a bit dodgy until just after half time when we woke up and discovered where the opponents goal was located. 

Also I think most teams should expect to treat Southend like a good opportunity to increase your goal difference. They're complete pump.

2nd round draw is imminent. I hope we get a home draw as our away record is patchy. Reaching the 3rd round is always exciting as you never know. Our new Grandstand opens January 1st so a big side at home in the 3rd round would be brilliant. One can dream.

We'll get Dover away and lose probably.

Last ball out. Away at Bristol Rovers/Bromley. Probably Rovers. Rubbish draw. 

Oldham possibly playing Salford is mildly interesting.

Coventry vs Ipswich could be the draw of the round.

There will be some non-league sides in round 3.

Yeah, hopefully us. A very winnable looking home tie against Boston for Wrexham should we scrape through against Rochdale in the replay.

0-0, but all reports suggest we were the better side yesterday and Rochdale were a load of shit for a league one side. I suspect we've probably blown our opportunity though and they'll improve at home. As Newport did against us last season. 

Harrogate Vs Portsmouth delayed for 55 minutes due to a power cut. I bet those who travelled there from the South Coast are well happy. Luckily it's not a replay. Imagine that. Extra time and penalties after an 8.40pm kick off.

EDIT Harrogate take the lead :omg:

EDIT 2 Portsmouth equalise.

EDIT 3 Portsmouth go in 1-2 up.

I'd be surprised if Portsmouth don't win comfortably now. Harrogate started well but Portsmouth have better players all over the pitch.

Not posted in a while, but Notts County man, just when you think their form was finding some element of consistency they lose 3-0 to top of the league Barrow who gave them a proper education. Still lots to learn.

In non-league nutter owner news, the in no way fuelled Glenn Tamplin whose natural ego had him owning Billericay Town, managing, sacking himself, reappointing himself (several times), buying two Ferraris in club colours (home and away), painting "murials" on the club stand glorifying himself, telling supporters on Twitter to commit suicide, sacking himself again, appointing himself again, sacking all his players and eventually leaving a wrecked football club behind... bought Romford FC last month.

He sacked three staff, appointed himself manager and had his first game yesterday.

More background: http://twohundredpercent.net/billericay-town-essex/

On 17 November 2019 at 11:02, Plissken said:

In non-league nutter owner news, the in no way fuelled Glenn Tamplin whose natural ego had him owning Billericay Town, managing, sacking himself, reappointing himself (several times), buying two Ferraris in club colours (home and away), painting "murials" on the club stand glorifying himself, telling supporters on Twitter to commit suicide, sacking himself again, appointing himself again, sacking all his players and eventually leaving a wrecked football club behind... bought Romford FC last month.

He sacked three staff, appointed himself manager and had his first game yesterday.

More background: http://twohundredpercent.net/billericay-town-essex/

He should change the entrance music to Bonkers by Dizzee Rascal...

Wrexham crashed out of the Tunnocks at Ibrox on Saturday against Rangers under 21s. We played our weakest lineup yet in the competition, so the result was hardly surprising. At least our fans got one nice away trip to an unlikely location and famous ground out of the competition. I didn't go, but I am off to Rochdale tonight to freeze my nuts off at one of the coldest grounds in the country and hopefully watch our first team win an FA Cup match.  Should be good.

• Upvote 1

Rochdale 1 Wrexham 0

Irritating to concede from a corner with possibly suspect marking because Rochdale were there for the taking really. A shame we weren't good enough.They passed it around well when allowed the space, but when put under pressure looked wonky and vulnerable. And, beyond the goal, they hardly troubled our keeper. Not at all in the second half. We probably allowed them too much time on the ball in the first half, but came close to equalising when their keeper made a cracking low save from Summerfield's great effort from distance. Second half was predominantly about us, but we wasted our chances. The best one unfortunately falling to a centre back to put wide of the post.

Not exactly the best game of football I've ever seen, but a good place to go and watch a match. Nice stadium, easy to get to, loads of parking right by the ground, away fans seated down the side of the pitch, locals were friendly. It wasn't that cold either. The attendance was poor with only just over 1600 there. Do even smaller clubs not give a shit about the FA Cup anymore?Maybe there  was a Lisa Stansfield gig going on around the corner that I didn't know about. Wales playing at the same time wasn't ideal, although we still managed to take 400. 

Overall, it was disappointing, but still mildly enjoyable.

• Upvote 3