rllmuk
Mike1812

EFL Championship 2019/2020

Awful game at Hillsborough yesterday but we got the win. We lacked any tempo or quality on the ball and only playing one striker at home against Wigan is a baffling decision.

On 05/10/2019 at 18:50, Mike1812 said:

Leeds had 10 men for 75 minutes and had 68% possession. And of course we lost. 

Might have something to do with only having one shot on target.

How bad was that referee in the game tonight. How Flint wasn’t called for offside is beyond me, it’s blatant cheating in the line of the keeper. 

Tomlin fell over at every opportunity it was embarrassing but the ref fell for it every time.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Baring said:

How bad was that referee in the game tonight. How Flint wasn’t called for offside is beyond me, it’s blatant cheating in the line of the keeper. 

Tomlin fell over at every opportunity it was embarrassing but the ref fell for it every time.

Great free kick but yeah, that looks like cheating to me. 

I’m not an Owl but it well annoyed me :lol: The free kick was a simple pass into the corner he didn’t need the power, the keepers positioning didn’t help. A draw was definitely fair result but that goal shouldn’t have stood and Tomlin shouldn’t have been on the pitch for his attempted elbow.

• Upvote 1

On 06/07/2019 at 11:06, smithstock said:

I reckon a top-10 finish with a push for an outside play-off spot, and the emergence of half a dozen promising youngsters knocking at the door of the first team ready for a stronger challenge in 2020/21. I just hope we don't "do a Leeds" and sell all of the potential talent just as a new crop comes through.

Wishful thinking for the Boro to finish in the top 10 at moment. I still think we're too good to go down but we're making a mountain out of a molehill with each passing match. 

On 18/10/2019 at 21:47, Baring said:

I’m not an Owl but it well annoyed me :lol: The free kick was a simple pass into the corner he didn’t need the power, the keepers positioning didn’t help. A draw was definitely fair result but that goal shouldn’t have stood and Tomlin shouldn’t have been on the pitch for his attempted elbow.

Cameron Dawson is a poor shot stopper and I knew Cardiff would score as soon as the whistle went. Our second half performance was so frustrating. We are not good enough to just defend a one goal lead. 

On 23/10/2019 at 08:56, Mike1812 said:

Same again for Leeds, 68% possession and 22 shots but only 3 on target. If we don't start getting goals soon we won't be getting automatic promotion. 

Aaaaaaaannnnnd... no goals today. 

The problem with being unable to score is it's corrosive to both players and team. Confidence gets shot and it makes the whole thing worse. 

21 minutes ago, kensei said:

Aaaaaaaannnnnd... no goals today. 

The problem with being unable to score is it's corrosive to both players and team. Confidence gets shot and it makes the whole thing worse. 

I was there today. Both keepers had great games and you did hit the post. Didn’t create a lot though. Bamford was awful at running the line, that Eddie should start more often. 

Didn't see the game today but apparently we looked a lot worse when Bamford went off. Apparently our best players were Kiko and Ben White, which says a lot. 

Town unbeaten in seven now, top of the form table and a bit of daylight between us and the relegation zone.

I had a good feeling about them and the Lincoln fans were sure we were safe as soon as they were appointed but considering they inherited a horrendously unfit squad with absolutely no confidence the turnaround the Cowleys have instigated in such a short space of time has been quite incredible.

Why can’t we defend a simple corner? We looked really sharp in the first 15 minutes but ran out of steam and let Swansea dictate too much of the game and we resorted to aimless long balls. By some miracle we took a 2-1 lead in injury time and it just seemed inevitable that Swansea would equalise and they did. Gutted. Still, at least I got to see one of favourite things, which is football mascots taking part in the minutes silence.

94944738-B5EE-4576-94B0-28B6F1AF2830.jpeg

1 hour ago, PC Master Race said:

:lol: 

That is truly wonderful. My favourite moment at Wednesday happened a few years back after the king of Thailand died. We had a two minute silence, the mascots observed it impeccably, and there was a photo on the big screen of the king stroking a beagle.

Lost both our derbies 1-0 in a fortnight!

Played better than against the Jacks today, but 12pm on a Sunday kick offs = no real atmosphere (at least from us home fans).

And Warnock is gone!!

While we haven't looked great so far this season, new signings have been decidedly mixed and the crowd were beginning to turn on him a little - this is well out of the blue.

He'd said this season would be his last so perhaps he has decided its better to go now than carry on with what looks like a mid table season?

He was doing a Q&A last Thursday with fans (which my mate forgot to get us tickets for) so I don't think this was planned for too long.

I guess a change before they get too far from play-off places makes sense but it is a shock. Most Leeds fans hate him but he had no chance with the club in the state it was in. His record of promotions speaks for itself, I think. 

I think it'll be WBA, Leeds and Fulham now for the rest of the season. Forest look good but I expect them to drop off. 

Mind you, this is the Championship so don't rule out Barnsley yet. 

Aye. If the last two seasons are anything to go by then a team in lower mid table at Christmas will suddenly hit a run of form that Barcelona circa 2009 would be jealous of and go up through the playoffs.  The January transfer window is huge in The Championship. 

I fear there'll be a good few goals more for Leeds today looking at the team we've had to put out. We've been playing two midfielders in the back four for a few weeks and the injuries to key positions have kept piling up.. Now we've a team full of players we've not been playing because they're either shit or don't want to be here, plus a load of untested youngsters. The bench is basically the youth team.

January can't come soon enough.