rllmuk
Mike1812

EFL Championship 2019/2020

So it looks like Knockeart is going to Fulham. He's a bit of a try hard and a red card magnet but I'll miss him and he did get premiership goal of the month this year (immediately followed by a straight red). Having another angry man on the pitch alongside Mitrovic may not be the best strategy, though.

On 19/07/2019 at 20:26, DirkCrisis said:

So it looks like Knockeart is going to Fulham. He's a bit of a try hard and a red card magnet but I'll miss him and he did get premiership goal of the month this year (immediately followed by a straight red). Having another angry man on the pitch alongside Mitrovic may not be the best strategy, though.

Mitrovic hasn't had a single red card for Fulham. He's grown up and calmed down a lot since the days of him flipping out and losing it at Newcastle. I'm sure this post will come back to haunt me at some point during the year though!

Things are looking good for us this year attacking wise, we should be able to challenge the best with Mitro, Cairney, Knockeart, Cavalerio etc going forward. We need to strengthen at the back but the team's already miles ahead of where we were at the last time we came down. Looking forward to the start of the season now!

• Upvote 1

Fulham to score 100+ league goals in 150/1 on SkyBet.

Fuck it - stuck a fiver on it - Mitrovic/Knockaert/Cav is one hell of a frontline for the Championship.

On 22/07/2019 at 15:16, Timmo said:

Fulham look great on paper for sure but this league is rarely predictable.

To be fair, they could score 100 goals and get relegated knowing Fulham.

Roofe out for 4 weeks :seanr:

We really need another striker, got very little confidence in Bamford. Edmondson from the u23s looks good but is untested. 

So Blues just signed ivan sunjic. I mean wow talk about buying players well above us!

Just a striker or 2 n i’d be feeling quite positive about the upcoming season.

a far cry from how i felt after monks sacking.

Im not sure Clotet is the right guy to be in charge but we will see

• Upvote 1

Sheffield Wednesday are out of their soft-embargo (which no-one really understood) and Kieran Lee has signed a new contract. Which is great if he’s fit. (But he’s been out for two years, so even if he is fit it’ll mean very little for quite a while). But good news, basically.

We still don’t have a manager, mind. 

• Empathy 1

On 26/07/2019 at 18:59, Luseth said:

So Blues just signed ivan sunjic. I mean wow talk about buying players well above us!

Just a striker or 2 n i’d be feeling quite positive about the upcoming season.

a far cry from how i felt after monks sacking.

Im not sure Clotet is the right guy to be in charge but we will see

He will be gone by November. 

Anyway yes, a few good signings though having watched our last pre season game, I'm really not sure about the Change in formation. I'm a wee bit worried by it. 

Thought Crowley looked good though. 

No idea what to expect from Middlesbrough tonight, its been a very quiet summer for us as we are cutting cost. We've seen Downing, Obi Mikel, Besic, Braithwaite and Flint leave, which will have probably made up the majority of our wage bill. I cant say I will shed a tear for any of them mind, apart from Mikel who was a touch of class.

We've only signed 2 outfield players Marcos Browne and Marc Bola, who I know very little about, a little bit of reading says they both had good seasons last season in League one for there respective teams. Both young, both play in problem areas for us, Bola left back to challenge Friend who has struggled the past few seasons and Browne adding some much needed attacking width, of which we had absolute zip last season under Tony 'Fuck-nut' Pulis.

There is still a core of a decent team in there, especially down the spine. (-Ayala because he is terrifying to watch.) The problem we had under Pulis was he liked to play two spines at the same time, you had 4 Centre backs and 5 central midfielders. But now with the addition of Browne, along with Tavernier and Wing being freed up and given more time after a bit part last season. Hopefully we can compliment that spine a little better, with a couple of limbs! :lol: Plus if we give our Strikers something to work with, any one of them could have a good season, they are more than capable. (Okay maybe not Guestede. :ph34r:) I'm hoping Fletcher will have the impact this year!

I'm fairly positive and looking forward to this season but I just cant see us challenging for the top spots this time round, I think if we make the play offs this season, it will be a big achievement considering the limitations we are working wit, along with having a manager who is fresh out the box.

All in all, I'm fucking delighted to see the back of Pulis. He didnt leave us in terrible shape to be fair because we didnt give a great deal to spend, he maybe left us a little overstacked in Centre mid, but we've already cut 3 from the squad (1 on loan) and look a lot more balanced for it.

We've just signed Clarke and Bielik and I'm buzzing. Bielik looked like he was playing FIFA on Beginner mode last season, hopefully he can make the step up because he's exactly what we've been missing in midfield!

So our back up keeper has gone to Burnley and Roofe could be off to Vincent Kompany's Anderlecht. 

If they don't replace Roofe we're fucked. 

Literally mugged brentford off lol

we won 1 nil, had 1 shot to their 14! I expected a thrashing and they were unlucky not to do so.

Our 20 yard header was pretty good though, well worth a watch

• Upvote 2

And Brentford hit the woodwork three times.

I read about the goal and thought "How the hell do you concede to a 20 yard header".  Then I saw it and thought "That's. That's how you do it."  It's a peach.

• Upvote 2

That was pretty special. 

Usual crazy set of results, Fulham lost, Cardiff lost, I'd have expected Brentford to win. 

Another rollercoaster coming up. 

• Upvote 2

If you'd told me a year and a month ago that I'd be getting over us losing Frank Lampard as manager by getting Philip Cocu, a £10m midfielder from Arsenal and Wayne Rooney, all while still being in the Championship I probably wouldn't believe you.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Plissken said:

And Brentford hit the woodwork three times.

I read about the goal and thought "How the hell do you concede to a 20 yard header".  Then I saw it and thought "That's. That's how you do it."  It's a peach.

Blues have been on the wrong end of one of those too:

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Timmo said:

If you'd told me a year and a month ago that I'd be getting over us losing Frank Lampard as manager by getting Philip Cocu, a £10m midfielder from Arsenal and Wayne Rooney, all while still being in the Championship I probably wouldn't believe you.

You didn't have to get out of first gear to beat us last night, I'd be surprised if you weren't up there come the end of the season.

Then again, it could have just been us apparently still being shit I guess. The lack of any sort of investment in the squad from the new owner and no real positive signs of change from the manager is all very worrying to say the least. Obviously we'll still have a hangover of sorts to deal with but Siewert has had a hell of a lot longer to get most of those players working within his system than Cocu has with Derby yet we looked as ragged as Derby did assured.

Doesn't help when your new, experienced centre-back costs you a goal just when you're getting on top by deciding to show off of course. And fuck knows why he's even playing when we've got probably the most talented centre-back in the division at left-back despite the fact he can't cross to save his life.

We really need to buy a left-back at absolute minimum since that would massively strengthen two areas in one go.

• Upvote 2
  • Empathy 1

Pleased to see João go to Reading for a decent fee of 5 million plus a 20% sell on. He was just never consistent enough. If we can now get money for Rhodes and bring in Hector from Chelsea I will be more than satisfied.