rllmuk
Mike1812

EFL Championship 2019/2020

On 21/06/2020 at 13:35, layten said:

If Leeds and West Brom could keep fucking up that would be great.

Thanks

TW8

Leeds and Albion will finish in the top 2. 

I'd really like to see Brentford do it - I've always really liked the way they play and they're a well run club, not to mention the fact that it's a great away day - but I just think the current top 2 will have enough in the tank to get over the line. 

8 hours ago, Boothjan said:

Leeds and Albion will finish in the top 2. 

I'd really like to see Brentford do it - I've always really liked the way they play and they're a well run club, not to mention the fact that it's a great away day - but I just think the current top 2 will have enough in the tank to get over the line. 

I think you're right about Leeds for sure, but Albion can't buy a goal.

Two points is nothing and all the teams they have left to play, are chasing something, aside from maybe tonight's game against Wednesday.

9 hours ago, layten said:

image.png.acdab17b4c3c21de5668263f960563b2.png

Fucking hell. :lol: 

Exactly. If we'd have won every game which had stats like this we'd have been promoted before lockdown. Can you imagine what we could do with a striker who can score?

1 hour ago, dr_manhattan^ said:

I think you're right about Leeds for sure, but Albion can't buy a goal.

Two points is nothing and all the teams they have left to play, are chasing something, aside from maybe tonight's game against Wednesday.

They'll come good - they've had these odd barren spells throughout the season, but I can see them finding a bit of form before the season is out which will see them over the line.  It's not like they've blown the division apart - from what I've seen, they've grafted a lot of points this season (which you need to in that league) and that's not something that leaves you.

1 minute ago, Boothjan said:

They'll come good - they've had these odd barren spells throughout the season, but I can see them finding a bit of form before the season is out which will see them over the line.  It's not like they've blown the division apart - from what I've seen, they've grafted a lot of points this season (which you need to in that league) and that's not something that leaves you.

You might be right, I think tonight is very important.

If they can't win tonight I think that pressure will start to grow.  Four league games without a goal is very very bad for a team pushing for the playoffs let alone automatic, although they don't let many in.

1 minute ago, dr_manhattan^ said:

You might be right, I think tonight is very important.

If they can't win tonight I think that pressure will start to grow.  Four league games without a goal is very very bad for a team pushing for the playoffs let alone automatic, although they don't let many in.

Well it would obviously be a crying shame if they didn't finish in the top 2 and subsequently failed in the play offs......

Just now, Boothjan said:

Well it would obviously be a crying shame if they didn't finish in the top 2 and subsequently failed in the play offs......

It would ruin a magnificent season for me.

West Brom and Everton supporter today, obviously!

Hmm, this has come from nowhere, Wigan have gone into administration. A 12 point deduction will put them down to the bottom of the league. 

For whatever reason, wouldn't have been the first club I'd earmarked to be in trouble, but not sure who owns them now.

Strange timing unless they are gambling they can still fight their way out of being 4 points adrift? 

They're on a good run, they'd be top of the message if you only take games since new years day, so maybe. It is a very big risk though. 

They were taken over 4 weeks ago. 

8 hours ago, Mike1812 said:

Exactly. If we'd have won every game which had stats like this we'd have been promoted before lockdown. Can you imagine what we could do with a striker who can score?

Surely the defense is as much of a problem? We are constantly being picked off and conceding on the tiny number of chances other teams get. I'm pretty sure there have been cases where teams have scored their nly shot on goal. 

If we do go up, we're gonna need new players at both ends. 

6 games to go in the Championship and every game this week-end is meaningful with only a handful of teams with nothing to play for.

Milwall's late win at Charlton kept them in the play off hunt and meant Charlton aren't safe

Two important derby's today:

Derby vs Forest. A win for Forest should lock in their play-off spot and maybe keep their outside changes of automatic alive. A win for Derby keeps them well in the play-off hunt.

Bristol vs Cardiff: Bristol probably have to win to keep their fading play-off hopes alive. A win for the Bluebirds would keep us 6th and if other results go our way could mean a decent gap opening up between the top 6 and everyone else.

Blackburn vs Leeds: A loss for Blackburn probably knocks them out of the play-off race (although they do play Cardiff on Tuesday). Leeds need to win or could find themselves second with Brentford (vs Wigan) getting closer and closer if they beat the team that looks like it has plummeted to the bottom of the league through admin.

West Brom vs Hull: West Brom should win this and may go top, but Hull are still desperate for points although their prospects of staying up have improved thanks to Wigan.

The big game at the bottom is Stoke vs Barnsley with either team, especially Barnsley, being in big trouble with a loss. Luton vs Reading might give Luton an opportunity to keep up their attempts at a great escape. 

Huddersfield vs Preston: A win for Huddersfield would be a massive step to safety and continue Preston's poor form since the restart and could prove fatal to their play-off hopes. A Preston win would keep them in the play-off mix especially if Cardiff and Derby drop points.

Middlesbrough vs QPR: Warnock's first home game against one of th emany club's he has managed. Need to win after losing to Hull in the week. QPR appear to already be on the beach losing all three games so far since the restart.

Swansea vs Sheff W: The Jacks need a win to stay in the play-off hunt. Fulham vs Birmingham: Like Forest, a Fulham win should guarentee a play-off spot and give them a slim shot at automatic if teams above them lose.

• Upvote 1

Play-offs here we come. Just us and Derby for 6th is looking likely now. 10 Points out of 12 since the restart for us.

8 hours ago, Ork1927 said:

Play-offs here we come. Just us and Derby for 6th is looking likely now. 10 Points out of 12 since the restart for us.

You're certainly looking more likely than us with our run in but the game between us could be enormous.