A Blaster in the Right Hands

4 hours ago, deKay said:

How on earth did you get the licence for this?!

Fan films don’t need a licence as long as they are not for profit. No aim to make any cash on this. Just to showcase talent etc 

8 hours ago, Phelan said:

Fan films don’t need a licence as long as they are not for profit. No aim to make any cash on this. Just to showcase talent etc 

Blimey, That doesn't sound very Disney!

1 hour ago, jonamok said:

The posters are really nicely done, especially the blue one.

Yeah they are nice. I like the last green one. Very reminiscent of Olly Moss’ take on the original trilogy.

On 22/06/2019 at 07:58, jonamok said:

The posters are really nicely done, especially the blue one.

Olly Moss must be delighted somebody has stolen his work again. Was it borderlands he called out over it last time?

41 minutes ago, And said:

Olly Moss must be delighted somebody has stolen his work again. Was it borderlands he called out over it last time?

Maybe I should share it with him and see what he thinks. 

I thought there was no theft in art just appropriation?

11 minutes ago, Phelan said:

Maybe I should share it with him and see what he thinks. 

I thought there was no theft in art just appropriation?

Maybe you should. He probably wouldn’t have a problem. There’s enough fakes on eBay. 

They’re decent posters, well executed, but it’s such a blatant copy. You say it’s a project to showcase talent, that’s great, but it’d be much better if you started off by bringing something original rather than slavishly copying somebody else’s ideas. 

38 minutes ago, And said:

Maybe you should. He probably wouldn’t have a problem. There’s enough fakes on eBay. 

They’re decent posters, well executed, but it’s such a blatant copy. You say it’s a project to showcase talent, that’s great, but it’d be much better if you started off by bringing something original rather than slavishly copying somebody else’s ideas. 

Maybe you want to wait till you see the short film that’s being done on a shoestring budget before throwing out shitty comments?

45 minutes ago, macosx said:

As it’s not for profit I can’t see a problem, although probably would have been nice to have asked him as he influenced the ideas. 

Director did them as a homage I’ll try and contact him and show him the posters and movie once we launch. 

They are inspired by his stuff which is nice I think 

And let's not forget that Olly Moss rips off Harland Miller, Bob Peak, John Alvin and Richard Amsel (to name a few of the artists he has "borrowed from" over the years) all the time. 

Good luck with the movie! Odd studios are great to work with :)

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...