rllmuk
gospvg

Football Thread 2019/2020

2 minutes ago, Ork1927 said:

But Man City don’t look remotely capable of winning every game going forward and aren’t just vulnerable to dropping points against Leicester, Spurs, Man U, but as we’ve already seen - mid table sides.

I think you’d need to lose 6 or 7 now to be in danger of blowing it.

Exactly. Liverpool aren't underdogs. 

I hope Leicester win the league again. 

1 hour ago, bradigor said:

We have lost Fabinho and have a horrid build up of fixtures to end the year. Leicester are still a huge threat. 

Liverpool will bottle it against Brighton today. 

You have to stop doing that

Yeah. The Premier League is like the FA Cup when Premier League clubs play Championship clubs. It's like that every week. There's probably ten clubs with money. Brighton aren't one of the ten. 

9 minutes ago, Mike said:

How much Richard Keys and Andy Gray hate VAR is making me a fan of VAR! 

Every. Bloody. Week. Dick Keys has now taken to calling it ‘VR’ because he’s decided they’re reffing the games, not the ref. Today’s pearler is calling them ‘the anti-goal police’.

He’s such a soapbox twat.

Euro 2020 

Group D

England

Croatia

Play-off winner of either Scotland, Israel, Norway, or Serbia.

Czech Republic

Group A

Turkey

Italy

Wales

Switzerland

Group B

Denmark

Finland

Belgium

Russia

Group C

Netherlands

Ukraine

Austria

play-off D winner

Group E

Spain

Sweden

Poland

play-off B winner

Group F

Play-off A winner

Portugal

France

Germany

If England win their group they will play runners-up of group F, come second and they play winners of group E.

3 hours ago, Gotters said:

World Club Champs and fixture pile up give them too many injuries to handle.

It’s a pain in the arse but only 2 games in 3 days, it’s maybe more convenient  than 1 game all the way over in Japan like it used to be 

Group E is the group of life. And the group where cameras will scan the crowd and we’ll forget about football for a minute.

Great having Holland back in a tournament. Hopefully one of the Irish make it too (shame they both can’t)

Well that's Watford down then. We've made Southampton look amazing despite somehow leading for about 40 minutes. We just can't fucking score with any sort of frequency, absolutely no imagination. 

15 minutes ago, Yobo Ahoy said:

Well that's Watford down then. We've made Southampton look amazing despite somehow leading for about 40 minutes. We just can't fucking score with any sort of frequency, absolutely no imagination. 

Flores has got to go. Watford gave been poor since the FA cup semi final, they’ve been playing like a relegated side since the first game of this season be they can’t play Arsenal every week. There’s still plenty of time, couple of decent results and things can swing round. Need a new man now who will be able to assess what it needed and a bit of a January spend mind. Keeping things as they are just would feel like the club had accepted its fate. 

29 minutes ago, Stopharage said:

If you were creating a shite Premiership XI, Andre Gray would be in shoo-in, right? 

Marco Boogers says hello :blah:

1 hour ago, Stopharage said:

If you were creating a shite Premiership XI, Andre Gray would be in shoo-in, right? 

Unfortunately, yes. Eighteen million pounds and can't shoot, can't pass and whatever pace he had is long gone. Burnley must have been laughing all the way to the bank.

I've got tickets for the England group game against mystery team - slightly underwhelmed as I've seen us play Scotland and the other games aren't exactly exciting.

Now seen the game is 8pm and I'm taking my ten year old - looked at Wembly travelodge for after the game - £175! Its £50 two weeks before on a Friday night. Supply and demand I know, but I'm not paying that.

1 hour ago, Yobo Ahoy said:

Unfortunately, yes. Eighteen million pounds and can't shoot, can't pass and whatever pace he had is long gone. Burnley must have been laughing all the way to the bank.

For that money, we weren't going to be fighting to keep him. Surprised how far off he has fallen. He's a natural finisher with great pace. Him and Deeney should be bewildering defences with a mix of pace and physicality.

I know we have a reputation to keep up but fucking hell. As a decision in isolation, I don't disagree with it but we've fannied about for well over a third of the season now - something needs to happen and fast. 

Ivan Toney just scored a ridiculous goal in the FA Cup. Volley from 35 yards that lobbed the keeper. Bosch!

Bloody hell. Maidstone have also scored a screamer.

Rochdale are going to ruin my accumulator. I can feel it in my bones.

Yesterday I had a big accumulator that was ruined by Chelsea. £3 stake for £540. Every result right but that one.

EDIT Exeter City have probably ballsed my accumulator up. Cheers @El Pibe

1 hour ago, neoELITE said:

Bloody hell. Maidstone have also scored a screamer.

Rochdale are going to ruin my accumulator. I can feel it in my bones.

Yesterday I had a big accumulator that was ruined by Chelsea. £3 stake for £540. Every result right but that one.

EDIT Exeter City have probably ballsed my accumulator up. Cheers @El Pibe

:(