rllmuk
gospvg

Football Thread 2019/2020

Well yes, but that would be true if every single person in Liverpool was a Liverpool fan.

But yeah, it's like the old joke about that Chelsea v Man Utd match that got suspended for snow a few years back.

"For the safety of the travelling Chelsea fans".

• Upvote 1

After Man Utd beat Arsenal at Old Trafford by a cricket score James Richardson said "That was long trip back home to Surrey for the Arsenal fans. And the United fans, come to think of it."

• Upvote 1

Unai Emery has just been sacked. He will be on a temporary replaced by assistant and former Arsenal midfielder Freddie Ljungberg.

Wonder if they will replace he with, if there anyone out there? Won't be Pochettino of course.

On 20/11/2019 at 10:26, Boothjan said:

I had a horrible feeling that Spurs were going to go after Nuno so I'm delighted Mourinho has been appointed!

Dear Arsenal,

Kindly fuck off and don't even think about it.

Regards,

Wolverhampton 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Boothjan said:

Dear Arsenal,

Kindly fuck off and don't even think about it.

Regards,

Wolverhampton 

Bookies fave with some not taking new bets according to Twitter 

So did the Arsenal board wait until now to sack Emery because last night was legitimately the final straw or were they just waiting for the Mourinho option to be taken out of play? Either way it seems like a decision they should have taken weeks ago. Golden opportunity to get back in the top 4 and they look to have blown it.  

On ‎26‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 18:29, Mike1812 said:

Are there any other good football podcasts? I've only tried Totally Football and the Square Ball so far. 

Second Captains is great too.

Its amusing seeing how many Arsenal fans clearly have no idea how much Nuno brings to a football club. 

Basically, if he leaves us, I would really fear for our future - unless Fosun pull off a masterstroke with a replacement. Everything that has gone right for us over the past 2.5 seasons is because of Nuno. They're his players, his staff, his methods, his playing style, his work ethic etc etc.

Matt Doherty and Conor Coady - both of whom I'd have released prior to Nuno - now play in different positions and are 1st choices in those positions. 

Adama Traore no longer resembles Forrest Gump on cocaine but is our main attacking focal point and scares defenders to death.

No Nuno would have meant no Boly, no Neves, no Jota, no Moutinho, no Patricio, no Jimenez, no promotion, no 7th place, no European matchdays. 

The togetherness he has brought to the whole club has been phenomenal. The future of the club has been planned with him as the fulcrum. 

His media presence is superb - he's a credit to the club and to the game. He's respectful, insightful, knowledgeable and modest. He's all about the team - not just the XI on the pitch.

He would absolutely be able to adapt his methods with better players at his disposal - he's no one trick pony. If he was given time and respect could be a superb appointment for Arsenal. Though I doubt he'd be afforded that. He's semi worshipped by all our fans and would have a drastically different reception if he rocked up at the Emirates because very few people would have the slightest idea just how good a coach they'd have. They wouldn't deserve him.

I would be distraught if he left us. 

• Upvote 9

Oh man absolutely. He's just an awesome manager and any decent football fan can see that.

I'd love him at Boro :lol: or Man Utd! 

He's going to be a top manager and want to win the big things so he will leave in the next couple of seasons, but only to better himself. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Baring said:

Oh man absolutely. He's just an awesome manager and any decent football fan can see that.

I'd love him at Boro :lol: or Man Utd! 

He's going to be a top manager and want to win the big things so he will leave in the next couple of seasons, but only to better himself. 

Yeah, I know the time will come when he leaves, and if that time is imminent I'll have nothing but gratitude for the guy.

Whether the time is right for him to move on now or not is something only he will know I suppose. 

22 hours ago, Boothjan said:

Its amusing seeing how many Arsenal fans clearly have no idea how much Nuno brings to a football club. 

Basically, if he leaves us, I would really fear for our future - unless Fosun pull off a masterstroke with a replacement. Everything that has gone right for us over the past 2.5 seasons is because of Nuno. They're his players, his staff, his methods, his playing style, his work ethic etc etc.

Matt Doherty and Conor Coady - both of whom I'd have released prior to Nuno - now play in different positions and are 1st choices in those positions. 

Adama Traore no longer resembles Forrest Gump on cocaine but is our main attacking focal point and scares defenders to death.

No Nuno would have meant no Boly, no Neves, no Jota, no Moutinho, no Patricio, no Jimenez, no promotion, no 7th place, no European matchdays. 

The togetherness he has brought to the whole club has been phenomenal. The future of the club has been planned with him as the fulcrum. 

His media presence is superb - he's a credit to the club and to the game. He's respectful, insightful, knowledgeable and modest. He's all about the team - not just the XI on the pitch.

He would absolutely be able to adapt his methods with better players at his disposal - he's no one trick pony. If he was given time and respect could be a superb appointment for Arsenal. Though I doubt he'd be afforded that. He's semi worshipped by all our fans and would have a drastically different reception if he rocked up at the Emirates because very few people would have the slightest idea just how good a coach they'd have. They wouldn't deserve him.

I would be distraught if he left us. 

You know many of those players were brilliant before him, right? Adama Traore was amazing for Middlesbrough. Ruben Neves is the most expensive Championship player ever and was already a Champions League level player, as were Moutinho and Patricio. I'd expect any Championship team to go up and stay up comfortably with that level of connection/investment.

De Bruyne :omg:

Holy Moly.

What. A. Goal.

I don't care who you support. That's fantastic. The technique was just astonishing. Goal of the season.

• Upvote 1

It's Liverpool's title. They'll be dancing in the streets of Dorchester tonight. Shelvey's probably a hero in Liverpool today. A bit like Suarez was...... :ph34r:

We have lost Fabinho and have a horrid build up of fixtures to end the year. Leicester are still a huge threat. 

Liverpool will bottle it against Brighton today. 

Season over already then. It’s not even Christmas yet. I just can’t see Liverpool dropping that many points. 

5 minutes ago, bradigor said:

We have lost Fabinho and have a horrid build up of fixtures to end the year. Leicester are still a huge threat. 

Liverpool will bottle it against Brighton today. 

:lol:

Fucking hell.

You really think the title is done? Behave.

Rodgers is more than capable of putting a winning run together and Liverpool are capable of dropping points. Until it is mathematically done, then I refuse to believe. Been close too many times to believe yet. 

8 minutes ago, bradigor said:

Rodgers is more than capable of putting a winning run together and Liverpool are capable of dropping points. Until it is mathematically done, then I refuse to believe. Been close too many times to believe yet. 

Yes. It's done. There are very few teams who can win the league. There are two. That gap is too big. 

Behave.

You aren't underdogs. The wage bill at Liverpool is massive.

13 minutes ago, bradigor said:

You should enjoy the optimism a bit more dude. It’d take a serious collapse in the second half of the season for you lot to blow it now.

It's not just about the points gap now, its about the momentum and stages the clubs are at - City peaked last year with this group and its clear to see they look tired, for Pep to push on again there he'll need to spend a lot of money and replace some players & coaches (what Fergie was the master of doing), a team only has 3-4y max with a manager before something needs to change. Pep knows this, I've seen him talking about it and how it was Fergie's theory that if you don't change the manager you need to refresh a lot around him.

Liverpool on the other hand are peaking as a group - its definitely their title to lose (hopefully) - the only unknown is do they crumble a bit when the unbeaten run goes like other teams have before or will the World Club Champs and fixture pile up give them too many injuries to handle. 

I'd agree its not in the bag, but barring really really bad luck it looks probable.

3 minutes ago, neoELITE said:

Liverpool have to lose four times with Man City winning every game. Who are they going to lose against? 

City Away

Leicester Away

Everton Away

Spurs Away

There are 4 easy to pick up a loss in for you. 

Plus can drop points in plenty of places.

It would be a massive bottle job I'll admit, but the season is far from done. If the gap is still like this come the end of January, then fair enough. 

1 minute ago, Gotters said:

I really hope you're right @bradigor

haha, so do many. 

I am enjoying the ride, just not counting my chickens yet.