rllmuk
gospvg

Football Thread 2019/2020

From another point of view they are just the currently working pundits. It’s more just uninspired. There’s a whole raft of ex-pros that have simply chosen not to be pundits, so they can’t choose them. Amazon could put on a load of unknown journos but they’re trying to get an “in” on the current market, it’s different enough for people to be streaming it on amazon without having to discover a ton of new talent at the same time.

These guys do the job, fit the bill, and are proven to be able to do the job they’re being asked to do.

13 minutes ago, dizogg said:

, it’s different enough for people to be streaming it on amazon without having to discover a ton of new talent at the same time.

Is it, though?

Why not aim for something better. The viewership is declining. Maybe it's because of these people.

8 minutes ago, Shoes said:

Is it, though?

Why not aim for something better. The viewership is declining. Maybe it's because of these people.

Ok, but imagine you’re producing this for Amazon, would you expect them to find and train a load of new pundits to do 2 games? Hope that they don’t fuck it up. There isn’t a huge group of secret pundits out there that are better than these guys. They’re actually on the whole pretty good at their jobs.

It would be nice if they at least mixed up a few old hands with something new. I guess they're being risk averse, I haven't seen much of their tennis coverage but that always seems like more of the same as well.

Wouldn’t mind if a couple of football writers got used as pundits from time to time. There’s plenty on podcasts that talk eloquently and informatively about the game.

Guess they would be saddled with criticisms of never having played but would be a shame to never give some a try.

Michael Cox should be on TV. The guy sees football like The Matrix. It doesn't have to be constant or overbearing, just give snippets of insight among the nonsense.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, gospvg said:

Everton v Leicester City

Aston Villa v Liverpool

Manchester United v Colchester United

Oxford v Manchester City

I knew as soon as we lost United would get the world's easiest draw.

1 hour ago, Dudley said:

I knew as soon as we lost United would get the world's easiest draw.

Well Colchester will fancy it but might have preferred a home tie to be certain of going through. Oh wait...

• Upvote 1

I haven't given up hope just yet but something needs to change (mostly scoring goals). Deeney is obviously not world class but we badly need him at the moment, Welbeck is predictably now out for several months and Gray is just awful. If we don't pick up at least 5 or 6 points from our next 3 games (Norwich, Burnley, Southampton) then I agree we are fucked. 

1 minute ago, Yobo Ahoy said:

I haven't given up hope just yet but something needs to change (mostly scoring goals). Deeney is obviously not world class but we badly need him at the moment, Welbeck is predictably now out for several months and Gray is just awful. If we don't pick up at least 5 or 6 points from our next 3 games (Norwich, Burnley, Southampton) then I agree we are fucked. 

Did Welbeck injure himself climbing the hedge between arsenal and Watford's training ground?

11 hours ago, Yobo Ahoy said:

Depressing that (based on his performances for Nigeria) Ighalo is still top class, but wasting his prime in China. I miss him as an FPL asset!

44 minutes ago, Alexlotl said:

Depressing that (based on his performances for Nigeria) Ighalo is still top class, but wasting his prime in China. I miss him as an FPL asset!

He left on great terms but unfortunately most other teams had figured him out by time he left. The scoop was not as potent as it once was!

With every passing game, Soyuncu looks an absolute bargain for us. Cult hero status beckons. 

Still don't think we'll win this; Palace always do well against us. Especially when I'm at the game. 

That £80m for Maguire is looking like a steal. 

Leicester have an air of Rodger's Liverpool about them. They look dangerous with every attack and look to just keep going. You'll have the odd mad game in that, but you'll be super fun to watch. 

They look like a different proposition defensively. Rodgers' Liverpool were firm believers in their ability to out score anyone. Leicester don't seem to be like that, they are better defensively but don't have the quality up top Liverpool had when they finished second.

On 31/10/2019 at 17:48, Timmo said:

Michael Cox should be on TV. The guy sees football like The Matrix. It doesn't have to be constant or overbearing, just give snippets of insight among the nonsense.

Neil Atkinsons on The Anfield Wrap is ridiculous with how knowledgable he is and how well spoken he is on things. Obviously hes biased towards the reds,  what with doing Liverpool based podcasts/writing but if he was ever given a role on TV he'd absolutely nail it. Even Neville praised him when he was featured on Sky Sports. 

1 minute ago, Silent Runner said:

Longest VAR check in history there. Another reason to bin off the whole thing. 

Just get better people running it. Tell Atkinson to fuck off and retire to go to the monitor and check it. Use what you have.