IGNORED

Football Thread 2019/2020

gospvg

4 minutes ago, Gotters said:

Was it the keeper off line or Rice encroaching that triggered the retake ?

Rice and half of the team, not monitoring keeper movement was the guidelines but ref can still give a retake for players or keeper regardless of VAR.

How fucking difficult is it for the FA to ring up the RFA and say "Alright guys, you know your video replay system etc that you use... any chance you can forward on the details of who provides it for you so we can stick exactly the same thing in?"

And whlist they're at it, Mic up the refs as well so everyone can hear exactly whats being said.....

26 minutes ago, PopeSmokesDope said:

And whlist they're at it, Mic up the refs as well so everyone can hear exactly whats being said.....

Refs won’t get mics while there’s a chance a nearby player can do a nasty swear, I imagine. 

In principle VAR could be useful, but after a successful showing in Russia, it’s been utterly unconvincing. Except when Spurs beat City, because LOL.

3 hours ago, Gabzy said:

This. Is. Epic.

It would be great if he actually cuts loose and spills the beans on how badly both clubs are run, but you know we're not going to get that. We'll get standard Mourinho nonsense filled with unfathomable agendas against particular players (Shaw and Pogba would be advised not to Sky Plus the coverage) and bucketfuls of self-serving bullshit designed to tell everyone how great Jose Mourinho is.

1 hour ago, glb said:

Refs won’t get mics while there’s a chance a nearby player can do a nasty swear, I imagine. 

In principle VAR could be useful, but after a successful showing in Russia, it’s been utterly unconvincing. Except when Spurs beat City, because LOL.

Players swearing is a bullshit excuse for refs not having mics. The refs have mics in the Rugby League have them and I am sure their players are far more likely to swear. 

17 minutes ago, Charliemouse said:

Players swearing is a bullshit excuse for refs not having mics. The refs have mics in the Rugby League have them and I am sure their players are far more likely to swear. 

Not my excuse, I’d love refs to have mics for the accountability. But when BT Sport have to make an apology for language during UFC at 5:01am, don’t fancy them or others being eager to open up more popular broadcasts to the possibility of breaching compliance.

Production-wise the easiest method would be to have the mic only open during specific VAR discussions. Think players have been told they can’t encroach during these moments. Maybe once other aspects related to VAR have been sorted we’ll get to more polished presentation.

I’m sure I’ve asked this before, but why is there no City thread on here? I know they weren’t really supported outside of Manchester back when they were at Maine Road, but surely there must be some glory hunters around now they’ve had all that cash thrown at them?

18 minutes ago, JPL said:

I’m sure I’ve asked this before, but why is there no City thread on here? I know they weren’t really supported outside of Manchester back when they were at Maine Road, but surely there must be some glory hunters around now they’ve had all that cash thrown at them?

We're on a board full of blokes, the vast majority over 35, nobody changes their team at that age.

That demographic also highlights why Man United and Liverpool threads are popular.

36 minutes ago, JPL said:

Takes years. Most people in this county have picked their team by the time they are ten so most of the glory hunting City fans either haven’t got pubes yet or live overseas and aren’t really rllmuks demographic.  

Also: woo Villa! Having to make do with Talksport on the train but even if we end up losing today the first half will fill us with confidence. 

I still find it a bit weird that there isn’t anyone on here who wants to talk about them. I’m from Manchester myself and have  always been a United fan, but the increase in City supporters amongst people I’ve met over the years definitely shows that there are loads more of them now. Maybe they’ve always been around, but they’re not as embarrassed to admit it these days.

Spurs deserves the win but my word they made hard work of it until King Erik came on, still fair few players missing so will take it.

I wonder if this kind of defeat is more harmful for Villa than the loss for Norwich, stick 9 men behind the ball and time waste for 80 mins to be bombarded has to be worse than just playing the game?

Have to love the card for not going off quickly enough when the Villa keeper has used about 10 mins up on goal kicks until 80 mins plus :lol:

There’s a lot of pressure on Wesley to perform. I’m not sure he’ll be prolific but it seems the team will be set up for either Grealish or McGinn to run ahead of him and score like John did today.  Spurs away won’t define our season though, they are pretty much locked into the top four as far as I’m concerned. We made them sweat. Big game against Bournemouth coming up though, I think we definitely need to win that.  

2 minutes ago, Naysonymous said:

There’s a lot of pressure on Wesley to perform. I’m not sure he’ll be prolific but it seems the team will be set up for either Grealish or McGinn to run ahead of him and score like John did today.  Spurs away won’t define our season though, they are pretty much locked into the top four as far as I’m concerned. We made them sweat. Big game against Bournemouth coming up though, I think we definitely need to win that.  

Wesley ran Toby ragged and won a lot of headers, he looks great holding up but I don’t know what he is like going forward as he didn’t - Grealish looked sloppy with the ball at times but has to be your main man creatively but was playing in the back 9 today so couldn’t influence the amp going forward.

As you say it was a hard first game back and no doubt a setup for teams like us, will be interesting to see you play against other teams as seem to have some good ball players and solid defenders esp in the middle.

It so good to have the Prem back, some good games tomorrow on paper too!