Football Thread 2019/2020

2 minutes ago, dr_manhattan^ said:

Great free kick from Chelsea, but again, it was soft as shite. 

Frank won't be happy with a soft freekick. 

1 minute ago, bradigor said:

Frank won't be happy with a soft freekick. 

Don’t get the reference I’m afraid. Neto pulled his foot away seemed like a soft decision. 

Great free kick though, and pathetic defending for the second which is disappointing as they’d been defending very well. 

50/50 for Europe now I guess, probably taken that 12 months ago

I hope if we lose against United that it’s to a decent goal rather than a mistake. James Justin has been the best player on the pitch so far which has to be the most surprising event of the final day. 

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, feltmonkey said:

Have you got any form regarding miracle comebacks? 

Yeah, we’ve won most points from losing positions than any team this season, but won’t be doing that today. Best chance is a jammy win for Palace. 

2 minutes ago, Stopharage said:

I hope if we lose against United that it’s to a decent goal rather than a mistake. James Justin has been the best player on the pitch so far which has to be the most surprising event of the final day. 

That tackle he made on Martial was excellent. 

1 minute ago, dr_manhattan^ said:

Best chance is a jammy win for Palace. 

Pfft, much as I'd enjoy shitting on Spurs season, you'd be more likely to cheer up your afternoon by lumping a tenner on Spurs winning by 3.

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, feltmonkey said:

That tackle he made on Martial was excellent. 

I’m genuinely amazed because he’s been a liability at times. Decent enough game this for a 0-0.

1 hour ago, feltmonkey said:

I can't believe Watford are already losing! You'd have thought if they could pick any team to play on the last day of the season it would be a famously lacking in cajones Arsenal, especially when they have a cup final next week. 

Probably not the time for it, but one of my favourite football stories from recent years concerns the Cajones Derby. Watford had a couple of good results against Arsenal, and then the interview with Deeney happened. He said, as we all know, that the Gooners lack Cajones. Which pissed Arsenal off. Remember in The Last Dance when people said that Michael Jordan used to make up reasons to hate his opponents? Well, Troy Deeney gave Arsenal everything they needed, and Arsenal have all but one of their games since then (the other was a draw) but who knows what will happen in the future as football is mad and stupid.

Cajones indeed. 

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, BitterToad said:

Probably not the time for it, but one of my favourite football stories from recent years concerns the Cajones Derby. Watford had a couple of good results against Arsenal, and then the interview with Deeney happened. He said, as we all know, that the Gooners lack Cajones. Which pissed Arsenal off. Remember in The Last Dance when people said that Michael Jordan used to make up reasons to hate his opponents? Well, Troy Deeney gave Arsenal everything they needed, and Arsenal have all but one of their games since then (the other was a draw) and it looks like they're now going to get relegated by them.

Cajones indeed. 

You just had to say it, didn't you?

Watford have been causing all sorts of problems and Arsenal seem more focused on trying to get Aubameyang the golden boot

• Upvote 2