rllmuk
gospvg

Football Thread 2019/2020

18 minutes ago, dizogg said:

My only issue with that tackle was that it didn’t break the young mans ankle and end his promising career early.

5 minutes ago, dizogg said:

Yeah that wasn’t genuine obviously. I wish no ill will on any man.

Jesus. 

10 minutes ago, dizogg said:

Yeah that wasn’t genuine obviously. I wish no ill will on any man.

Maybe think before you post, in future. Then we don't have to think before we ban. 

• Upvote 2

What wa De Gea trying to claim when the goal went in?

Offside I assume which it wasn’t because Lindelof was the wrong side and playing him on.

Well the last day of the season could be massive and very tasty.

Top 4 battle

Screenshot_20200713-220305_Chrome.thumb.jpg.64411eb67841bc67a660d39bcf30bc36.jpg

Relegation fight

Screenshot_20200713-220317_Chrome.thumb.jpg.93201ba70f2f8df859f63853c59632df.jpg

• Upvote 2

Nice to see we have a third season of Top 4 is lava.

• Upvote 5

Another shocking VAR decision. I'd love to hear the justification for doing nothing about that potentially career ending assault.

1 hour ago, dizogg said:

My only issue with that tackle was that it didn’t break the young mans ankle and end his promising career early.

fuck you you fucking twat! no, no ifs, no "it was a joke" fuck off!

That feeling when you misjudge the room that much :lol:

I don’t know what was worse. That challenge or Matt Le Tissier defending it.

15 minutes ago, Plissken said:

I don’t know what was worse. That challenge or Matt Le Tissier defending it.

I'm mostly annoyed that the refs didn't give it because then what's the point of our bribes and I thought the PL was doing everything in their power to make sure we get into the CL :quote:

7 hours ago, 5R7 said:

fuck you you fucking twat! no, no ifs, no "it was a joke" fuck off!

I get the reaction, especially after the result and the way it happened, as emotions are high. However, this is a final warning to everyone here. 

Start treating each other with a bit more respect or bans will be handed out moving forward. 

This isn't aimed at just you, the original post was reported and handled in the same way. 

Pep must have received a new solid gold range rover this morning from the Sheikh as he doubles down demanding City get an apology.

’Dear City, we apologise for catching you cheating but being made to overturn this decision on a time based technicality’

• Upvote 2

Following the 'sad' news that Clive Tyldesley is being replaced as ITV's first choice commentator (it's not sad news - it's wonderful news - he's fucking awful), Clive took to Twitter to give his side of the story.  In standard Clive style, it takes him 2 minutes to say what he could have said in a single line.

Anyway, I digress.  Richard Keys has written a blog on it - and it's just pure Partridge.  Please read in Alan's voice - it's so much better.

https://richardajkeys.com/index.php/blog/241-come-on-clive

• Upvote 4

Sam Matterface is shite, he’s all pre scripted jokes and puns and stats that he will shoe in come what may, regardless of if needed or appropriate. 

Used to hate him on ITV Champions league years ago, I think he thought it was MUTV

• Upvote 3

That Keys blog is quite something! Not that he's bitter. Honest. Haha the bit about not hearing from him for five years, wonderful.

Clive Tyldesley’s voice is synonymous with fucking awful England games to me. Lowest common denominator commentary with shite jokes throw in. 

And that statement is pathetic, have some fucking dignity mate.

• Upvote 2

Hang on - do ITV even have any TV rights? Who gives a shit about who's commentating on games they can't even show?

1 minute ago, Keiths_Dad said:

Who gives a shit about who's commentating on games they can't even show?

Clive.

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, milko said:

That Keys blog is quite something! Not that he's bitter. Honest. Haha the bit about not hearing from him for five years, wonderful.

Needless to say, he had the last laugh. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, dizogg said:

Clive Tyldesley’s voice is synonymous with fucking awful England games to me. Lowest common denominator commentary with shite jokes throw in. 

And that statement is pathetic, have some fucking dignity mate.

shame ITV didnt rip out his larynx and end his career permanently

only joking - ha ha

• Upvote 5

Richard Keys talking up Andy Townsend :lol:

I've never really cared for Clive so this news doesn't even elicit a shrug, but what a weird video to post. That is the world we now live in though I guess.

Richard Keyes is a massive weirdo, but he is right about Andy Townsend. He's a very listenable co-commentator. He is a good judge of the flow of a game and doesn't waffle on. He obviously used to be a series of stock phrases and cliche, but he's got his head down and worked at it. I reckon he needs reevaluating.

That statement is truly embarrassing though. Made worse knowing he's asked his wife to film it, and she's gone into it thinking they're probably doing another lasagna making banter video.  Tyldesley always came across as a smart arse to me with his awful pre-scripted one liners. "It was a close shave earlier for England, but now they really have been given a Brazilian!". Actually that's pretty good, forget I said that.

• Upvote 1

He's certainly come a long way since the days of his Tactics Truck.   

I think Andy Townsend is also notable for being the last footballer who will ever force a move from Chelsea to Aston Villa because he felt it would be good for his career. 

zALm9Yi.png

His current Wikipedia picture is a glorious mess too. 

Wait, so he is still employed by ITV but they decided to just give someone else a chance with the bigger games and Clive gets the secondary? I assumed the world was falling in based on some of the reactions. He was an average commentator at best.