rllmuk
gospvg

Football Thread 2019/2020

1 hour ago, dr_manhattan^ said:

Oh god I’ve just seen the DM Roy’s talking about. Bloody awful. 

Just seen that. What a disgrace. I hope we find him and punish him properly. 

3 minutes ago, skadupuk said:

That's Grealish standing on Van Arnholt surely?

He stops with his foot on the ball, then stretches his foot out, looks like he was trying to draw out the penalty.

Well it’s exactly the same as the Man U one we had given against us last week sooooo...

Right call, never a penalty. 

Fun fact - Palace have had 153 (ish) corners this season, and have only scored from 1

19 minutes ago, skadupuk said:

Fun fact - Palace have had 153 (ish) corners this season, and have only scored from 1

That’s quite shit but it’s funny that crowds in English football often will still cheer a corner because the chance of scoring them is always pretty low for any team.

Even the commentator is discussing how not a single Palace player can claim to have had a good game.

It's important not to get in the mindset that Palace should be performing at a much higher level (that's been the downfall of many a team, see Charlton re. Curbishly), but there is nothing this season to suggest we are getting any better at the basic and glaring holes in our performances (basic passing for one).

30 goals in 35 games just isn't good enough, and the players seem to give zero fucks as the squad gets older and older.

There's no plan B when things aren't going our way either.

Looking like we are going to lose 8 on the bounce to finish off the season.

• Empathy 1

There is no big fixture in the PL that delivers as consistently as this one.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Gotters said:

There is no big fixture in the PL that delivers as consistently as this one.

106683860.jpg?strip=all&w=700

• Upvote 2

Zaha’s racist abuser has been arrested. A 12 year old kid.

• Upvote 1

I didn't expect that at all. Be interesting to see the punishment here. Do they educate or punish fully? One thinks education will not work sadly. 

Dunno, but hopefully they scare the shit out of the little prick and other people like him.  

As for the game, well it's the hope that kills you isn't it?  

image.png.a79649c390ecbce9f932edfa1a738811.png

40 points keeps you up, realistically it's going to be less than that.  I think Brighton are all but safe, however the fixtures: 

Norwich are mathematically down, but they still have to play Chelsea (a) Burnley (h) and Manchester City (a)

Bournemouth have a game in hand which kicks off this evening, they play Leicester (h) Manchester City (a) Southampton (h) and Everton (a)

Aston Villa are up against Everton (a) Arsenal (h) and West Ham United (a)

Watford play West Ham (a) Manchester City (h) and Arsenal (a)

West Ham have Watford (h) Manchester United  (a) and Aston Villa (h)

Brighton have Southampton (a) Newcastle (h) and Burnley (a)

Points on the board are huge at this point.  From a Villa point of view I'm not optimistic at all, I think we need West Ham to drop points against Watford while we beat Everton, if that's the case then if our result against Arsenal matches whatever they get at Man Utd we have a relegation deciding fixture at their place on the final day.  It's my son's birthday that day too. :ph34r:

• Upvote 2

Spurs' plan here, which isn't daft, is let Arsenal have the ball the whole second half as they'll never score and wait for them to inevitably gift a soft goal to them for no effort.

2 hours ago, dizogg said:

That’s quite shit but it’s funny that crowds in English football often will still cheer a corner because the chance of scoring them is always pretty low for any team.

You're more likely to concede on the break than you are scoring from a corner. Since Steve Bruce and Graham Coughlan have retired, corners are pointless.

24 minutes ago, Mike1812 said:

State of this

Can see United breaking their penalty record when they sign Jack.

25 minutes ago, neoELITE said:

You're more likely to concede on the break than you are scoring from a corner. Since Steve Bruce and Graham Coughlan have retired, corners are pointless.

Ashley Westwood has scored direct from corners three times in the past two seasons.  I think Chris Wood got three in consecutive games with the same set play.  It got to the point that the West Ham and Bournemouth keepers were so rattled that they both punched one into their own net.

I like the idea that set pieces don't matter any more, usually from teams that have no idea how to defend them.  The Clarets goal against Liverpool was pretty much the same setup as the opener against Man Utd.

Speaking of Liverpool, they rather famously scored from a corner in the CL semi-final last year...

Jesus wept. Leicester doing their upmost to give Bournemouth a chance in the relegation fight. Appalling. 

So Boris and Trump both decide to wear a mask and not Solanke has scored a goal. What is the next sign of the end times?

4 minutes ago, bradigor said:

So Boris and Trump both decide to wear a mask and not Solanke has scored a goal. What is the next sign of the end times?

Leeds promotion

• Upvote 4

Son Watch. He is now smashing the sofa cushions with his fist. We're making Bournemouth look like 1970 Brazil. 

• Upvote 3

I love how they are talking up Solanke now. 2 goals in 70 previous appearances for Liverpool and Chelsea and he is now the second coming :lol: 

1 minute ago, bradigor said:

I love how they are talking up Solanke now. 2 goals in 70 previous appearances for Liverpool and Chelsea and he is now the second coming :lol: 

Efan Ekoku has to be the worst co-commentator I've heard in a while. Spent the first half waxing lyrical about Leicester then as soon as we self-implode he waffles on like Bournemouth have been amazing all game. Schmeichel twats one into Ndidi's arse, then lets a Solanke shot dribble under him before Soyuncu decides to assault Callum Wilson. We've well and truly handed the game to Bournemouth with dreadful mistakes. 

• Upvote 1

Mad result for Bournemouth. Where did that come from? 

I watched some highlights of Wolves vs Everton. They didn't show a bunch of angles, but the penalty Wolves got was weirdly similar to the Fernandes one the other day. It didn't look a penalty to me, but youtube highlights aren't the best way to judge. Strange that such a similar incident happened so soon after the Fernandes one. My main takeaway from the game though is that it's bizarre that Jordan Pickford is still preferred to Pope as England's goalkeeper. 

• Upvote 1