rllmuk

Football Thread 2019/2020

Thats a mad situation, something from a novel. EFL are hopefully corrupt as to sanction a sale to owners whom put the club into admin a month later cant ne that stupid, can they? (If im understanding it right).

56 minutes ago, Mike1812 said:

From my experience of supporting Leeds, they absolutely can be.

My favourite was Massimo Cellino. I remember being at the match when you came to Brentford, he went in the away end with your fans, then when you started to lose :P he fucked off to much amusement from the home fans.  

IMG_1398.thumb.jpg.296a10edcacf6861f19ad8e69ea95881.jpg

Norwich have benched both Cantwell and Pukki against us. Outside of Buendia, surely they are the best players in that team? Not sure what Farke is thinking.

I really hope we'll be able to take advantage given our sucky away form.

11 hours ago, layten said:

My favourite was Massimo Cellino. I remember being at the match when you came to Brentford, he went in the away end with your fans, then when you started to lose :P he fucked off to much amusement from the home fans.  

IMG_1398.thumb.jpg.296a10edcacf6861f19ad8e69ea95881.jpg

There's something about the resolution and lighting on that pic that makes it look exactly like a crowd graphic from the PS2 era :)

1 hour ago, Stopharage said:

Was hopeful for our game against Palace. Just seen that Jon Moss is reffing and he always makes abject decisions against us. Concerned.

Don't worry, we've been terrible and our keeper has gifted the opposition another goal after his howler v Burnley (before lock down he was outstanding, noone can work out why he's gone all 'Joe Hart' on us)

24 minutes ago, skadupuk said:

Don't worry, we've been terrible and our keeper has gifted the opposition another goal after his howler v Burnley (before lock down he was outstanding, noone can work out why he's gone all 'Joe Hart' on us)

Another Palace error and another gift for Leicester, thank god we got to 42 points already otherwise we'd really be in trouble based on the last 3 games.

24 minutes ago, skadupuk said:

It was such a poor bit of goalkeeping I presumed Hennessey had been subbed on. 

1 hour ago, Gotters said:

That Greenwood looks some talent - in general this is a great window to bring young players thru with no crowds on their back

The thing that excites me is the thought of the current England squad with him and Phil Foden in it for Euro "2020" next summer.

Just now, feltmonkey said:

The thing that excites me is the thought of the current England squad with him and Phil Foden in it for Euro "2020" next summer.

I wasn't sure on Foden as just hadn't seen him but his run in the last few games makes him look the real deal.

21 minutes ago, dr_manhattan^ said:

Arsenal played well today. Deserve this win. Completely nullified us. 

Agree but we started the 2nd half really well and should have been level. Traore should have taken his 1 on 1.

Having said that, very professional display from Arsenal, pressing us late on and not just sitting back. 

I don't think we were that bad but Arsenal deserved the win. 

• Upvote 1

This might come as a shock to some, but Bayern Munich completed the league and cup double in Germany today. It’s the 11th time they’ve done the double*.

*since the year 2000. 

3 hours ago, dr_manhattan^ said:

We were awful mate. You know to worry when Nuno deviates from the standard line up. 

We were sloppy and flat all over the pitch. Unlike us, but pressure is off a bit now. 

Nah we were flat and certainly below par but we weren't awful. 

Anyway, I'm sure Nuno will work them hard so we improve when we play Sheff Utd. 

9 hours ago, Stigweard said:

So Vardy came into the PL at 27 and has bagged 101 goals in 6 seasons. Average of 16.8 goals a season. That's very impressive.

And some of those goals were fantastic. His pace is his biggest asset but he's a good footballer too. It's a pity he didn't get more time playing for England. 

2 hours ago, neoELITE said:

And some of those goals were fantastic. His pace is his biggest asset but he's a good footballer too. It's a pity he didn't get more time playing for England. 

Southgates perseverance with a slow and tired Kane in the Semis last year and leaving it late to get Vardy on was one of the reasons I think we went out. Vardy should have been on before full time or st the very least the start of extra time, he'd have ran their defenders ragged.

13 hours ago, Naysonymous said:

This might come as a shock to some, but Bayern Munich completed the league and cup double in Germany today. It’s the 11th time they’ve done the double*.

*since the year 2000. 

Meh. Must be really fun knowing that every year your team is never going to win the league.

14 hours ago, Stigweard said:

So Vardy came into the PL at 27 and has bagged 101 goals in 6 seasons. Average of 16.8 goals a season. That's very impressive.

I love Vardy. Watching him live is really interesting as his presence totally unnerves defenders, as they know that if he gets any space he's likely to outrun them. As such it's great watching his movement around the half-way line when Leicester are defending, he's moving all over the place and defenders are so wary of his pace. Schmeichel's distribution has always been great and he often finds those breakaway Vardy runs. His 3 cans of Red Bull and a double espresso before a match obviously give him an edge against the opposition..

From a negative POV, he does make us seem a bit one-dimensional at times and if defences sit deep against us, as Watford and Brighton did, then it really nullifies his potency. 

11 minutes ago, Stopharage said:

From a negative POV, he does make us seem a bit one-dimensional at times and if defences sit deep against us, as Watford and Brighton did, then it really nullifies his potency. 

I didn't watch the game yesterday, but I thought this about his second goal against Palace.  The Palace defence seemed to set up in exactly the wrong way to deal with Vardy.

I guess they were pushing for a goal, but it seemed like they were asking for trouble.

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, dr_manhattan^ said:

I didn't watch the game yesterday, but I thought this about his second goal against Palace.  The Palace defence seemed to set up in exactly the wrong way to deal with Vardy.

I guess they were pushing for a goal, but it seemed like they were asking for trouble.

That's exactly what happened. If we go a goal up we become much more threatening. We've got so much pace in the team but that can be nullified by sitting back. Like most of the teams in the top half (but not traditionally top 4 teams), we struggle to open defences if they sit back. Then it largely comes down to whether we can spread play with our wingers - Barnes, Gray, Perez, Albrighton all lack consistency in that respect. 

1 minute ago, Stopharage said:

That's exactly what happened. If we go a goal up we become much more threatening. We've got so much pace in the team but that can be nullified by sitting back. Like most of the teams in the top half (but not traditionally top 4 teams), we struggle to open defences if they sit back. Then it largely comes down to whether we can spread play with our wingers - Barnes, Gray, Perez, Albrighton all lack consistency in that respect. 

Now you've started to play Ryan Bennett there'll be no stopping you.