Jump to content

Football Thread 2019/2020


Recommended Posts

29 minutes ago, ryodi said:

That’s the bottom three gone now I think. I don’t think Bournemouth or Villa are going to get more than 30 points this season. Norwich are gone.

Yup. I think The only chance Villa had was somehow overhauling a poor looking West Ham. Fucked now. 
 

Can’t wait to be back in the Championship only this time without our best players. 
 

Well played all. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

They really need to do something about VAR for next season because they are ruining the game.  There is literally no point celebrating a goal these days,  as 4 minutes later some clowns in a van hundreds of miles away from the ground can overturn it.  The technology is fine, but it should only be used for absolute clear and obvious howlers.  If it takes 3.5 minutes to decide if the ref made a mistake or not then that is neither clear or obvious.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, BabelRich said:

Yup. I think The only chance Villa had was somehow overhauling a poor looking West Ham. Fucked now. 
 

Can’t wait to be back in the Championship only this time without our best players. 
 

Well played all. 

 

There's only 3 points in it.  It may well be 2 from Watford, Villa and Bournemouth but it's definitely not over yet.  I think Norwich are done, though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Boothjan said:

 

There's only 3 points in it.  It may well be 2 from Watford, Villa and Bournemouth but it's definitely not over yet.  I think Norwich are done, though.

 

You're right but having seen how lacklustre Villa are playing I just can't see us picking up more than 4 points and that is a best case scenario. I was hoping it would be between us and Wham on the past day of the season, winner takes all. Can see Watford getting points off Norwich, Newcastle and West Ham at least.

 

If Villa has shown even a modicum of fight in the relegation battle I wouldn't be so resigned but no one looks like they give the slightest shit we're going down...Again!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with that, but look at West Ham before last night.  Easy to play against, pretty lacklustre but they got their shit together, played well and got a terrific result (I'm chuffed to bits - it did Wolves a favour!)  The end of the season always throws in some weird curveball results from out of nowhere.  We've played West Ham, Bournemouth and Villa in the 3 games since the restart and all 3 of them looked lost, we didn't have to get out of 2nd gear in any of those games.  Watford have looked pretty toothless too in the games I've seen - points in the games you mentioned are by no means a given!

 

It's still too tight to call - and Brighton aren't out of it yet either.

 

Aside from West Ham last night, if I supported any of Villa, West Ham, Bournemouth or Watford, I'd be livid at the lack of fight shown from all of those sides since the restart.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, ryodi said:

That’s the bottom three gone now I think. I don’t think Bournemouth or Villa are going to get more than 30 points this season. Norwich are gone.


We’ve got Liverpool away and Man Utd at home next.  It will be fine.  *cries*

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Boothjan said:

I agree with that, but look at West Ham before last night.  Easy to play against, pretty lacklustre but they got their shit together, played well and got a terrific result

 

I have no idea what a West Ham team full of mercenaries who are there for a paycheck were doing raising their game for a match against Chelsea.

Link to post
Share on other sites

the TV contract has seen the PL hand back money over a longer period to broadcasters to soften the blow - I don't really see how a promoted club can avoid that in next seasons pay outs, should the relegated teams this season pay the money back instead ?

Link to post
Share on other sites

That is nuts. If we, Cardiff, snuck up in the play-offs with what would be a weaker team than two years ago then we'd struggle to compete anyway without ridiculous levels of recruitment on some quality players.

 

Given some teams will find a lot of the Premier League windfall will be swallowed up by promotion bonuses, increased wages and transfer fees on top of whatever debt they have got themselves in to attempt to go up then clubs may end up cutting costs on promotion rather than recruiting?

 

8 Million isn't loads in the crazy world of football, but its probably half a decent player.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BabelRich said:

 This is really my hope, don't risk the stars. We might sneak a 1-0 win on current form.

 

There's little chance of that. Liverpool has been successful in part because in the main the same players have been playing week-in, week-out. You need that consistency amongst selection to maintain good form - and given the quick turnaround between this season and next, maintaining a high level for the remaining games is going to be helpful, I think.

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Gabe said:

 

There's little chance of that. Liverpool has been successful in part because in the main the same players have been playing week-in, week-out. You need that consistency amongst selection to maintain good form - and given the quick turnaround between this season and next, maintaining a high level for the remaining games is going to be helpful, I think.

When Is next season? When you google its still 8th August, thats a week later, that cant be right??

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Naysonymous said:


We’ve got Liverpool away and Man Utd at home next.  It will be fine.  *cries*


Imagine how different the season might have been if you’d held on in the game at Villa Park.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.