rllmuk
gospvg

Football Thread 2019/2020

Going to enjoy Hawkeye being put out of business by being sued for 80 million by Sheff Utd when they miss out on Europe by a point.

• Upvote 5

did threy say the watch went off at half time to confirm it was a goal ?! :lol:.  It's back working for 2nd half. 

• Upvote 1

Presumably the Hawkeye lads are WFH and their remote connection went a bit dodgy. 

The goal line tech has to abide by social distancing rules as well in the post Covid 19 new normal.  Ball now has to now be at least 2 metres over the line for a goal to count.:eyebrows:

• Upvote 1

The dread-soaked ominous high pitched shrieking noise that NBC are piping through their stream seems very context appropriate.

This game is so bad it would be pretty funny if Villa manage to shithouse a 1 nil out of it they totally don't deserve. 

1 minute ago, Art Vandelay said:

The dread-soaked ominous high pitched shrieking noise that NBC are piping through their stream seems very context appropriate.

have they got Carragher on co comm ?

• Upvote 5

What I don’t get is fine, the technology didn’t work so you can’t give the goal, but why doesn’t Oliver just walk straight over and send off the Villa keeper for unsportsmanlike conduct? He was rolling the ball on the back of the post so must have known it was in.

Nailed on he will give Sheff Utd a penalty at the slightest excuse.

9 minutes ago, Sirloin said:

What I don’t get is fine, the technology didn’t work so you can’t give the goal, but why doesn’t Oliver just walk straight over and send off the Villa keeper for unsportsmanlike conduct? He was rolling the ball on the back of the post so must have known it was in.

They just said on NBC that the tech was working but the keepers position 'shielded' the ball from it so it didn't register as a goal. Footballs back lads. 

2 hours ago, Mike said:

Same, just find a good IPTV provider and your set.  Mine put on a new section today with 6 streams for each match later along with the normal channels being there. 

And which one is that? :ph34r:

Im not enjoying this game much but from the sound of the Villa crowd on NBC they seem to be loving it. They are singing and cheering about everything.

• Upvote 1

It's been a pretty dire game and sadly the only real talking point is the 'goal' and why VAR didn't get involved. 

I think this just all goes to show the gapping moral void at the heart of Aston Villa, and by extension their fans, and indeed, the entire city of Birmingham.

• Upvote 3

Not a great advertisement for the return of football.  The games need to improve rapidly or lots of people are quickly going to lose interest.  They might have been better opening with the City v Arsenal match.

19 minutes ago, Waggo said:

Not a great advertisement for the return of football.  The games need to improve rapidly or lots of people are quickly going to lose interest.  They might have been better opening with the City v Arsenal match.

There's going to be more bad games than good to start off with because the teams are rusty and apart from the games on the BBC they are all behind a paywall so I expect viewing figures to be close to what they would be in a normal season.

Remind me which games the BBC have again? 

10 minutes ago, BitterToad said:

Anyone think it might be too early to bring football back? 

Why? Seems pretty safe. If we were waiting until we could have full crowds then we’d be waiting a very long time. I’d rather have some football with no crowds than nothing.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, ryodi said:

There's going to be more bad games than good to start off with because the teams are rusty and apart from the games on the BBC they are all behind a paywall so I expect viewing figures to be close to what they would be in a normal season.

sky are putting some second string nothing to play for games on pick tv - think that’s on freeview.

Leno didn’t exactly make if difficulty for Stirling once the mistake had been made.

It's like they haven't even been away. Luiz still in form 

Villa still look like a side waiting to be relegated.  Obviously the goal-line technology failing is going to be the main talking point but I think the total lack of a cutting edge is alarming.  We could have played until the cows came home and not scored, and when that's combined with a suicidal defence (got away with it a couple of times today, fine margins of football and all that) then it's really worrying. Chelsea next, I think our only chance there is we will have had 90 minutes of competitive football and they haven't. 

• Upvote 1