rllmuk
gospvg

Football Thread 2019/2020

Yeah I've seen people saying BT are claiming the poor misunderstood lamb didn't see it.

I'm on NBC, they're offering the opposite opinion. They also want to know why the ref couldn't be bothered to go look at the VAR screen 5ft away from where he was standing.

1 minute ago, Dudley said:

Yeah I've seen people saying BT are claiming the poor misunderstood lamb didn't see it.

I'm on NBC, they're offering the opposite opinion. They also want to know why the ref couldn't be bothered to go look at the VAR screen 5ft away from where he was standing.

Especially (I think I'm right) as Oliver was the first one to do it wasn't he?

From PGMOL:

"Not a clear and obvious error because the VAR didn't feel there was anywhere else for Lo Celso to put his foot."

Are they kidding? 

VAR as a technology works, as they had video to look at the incident. But those officials in charge are useless. 

Ugh, in isolation it wouldn't bug me too much but if VAR were a league, I think that puts Chelsea in the relegation zone.

What the fuck. Stockley Park have just admitted they got it wrong and should be a red. Ridiculous. 

Idiots are ruining what should be  good addition to the game in VAR. The tech works, but those running it a shite. Why not tell Michael Oliver they got it wrong and THEN send him off now. 

• Upvote 1

It's live football for me, and no VAR! 

FcSchaffhausen plays the fallen GC Grasshoppers Zurich today - the stadium will probably half full so it's a record for the season. GC has had a terrible run, whereas FCS have suddenly started getting points - 8 from the 7 from the last 3 games. So I'm expecting a win and terrible catering, and I won't be disappointed on at least one of the two.

• Upvote 1

Well that's the danger of course, it's madness to announce the "mistake".

Despite the ref's best efforts and some blind people at Stockley Park that's three points.

I hope the club lodge some kind of appeal, Every game we're getting screwed over now.

And why was there no communication about the new decision to the ref? There's probably no protocol there because they didn't conceive at the start of the experiment that they'd get decisions so wrong.

Does Lo Celso now get banned for three matches or get away with it?

edit- Peter Walton on BT Sport has now just changed his mind to agree it's a red since the new VAR decision was announced. Clowns.

59 minutes ago, bradigor said:

What the fuck. Stockley Park have just admitted they got it wrong and should be a red. Ridiculous. 

I’ve just been discussing it with my mrs and I’m not sure it should be a red. He was putting his foot down as the Chelsea players leg slid under it. He was unaware it was there until he stamped on him, then he tried to move away and was on his tiptoes as he looked round. It looked purely accidental to me with no intent or malice.

I also think the speed these things happen don’t seem to be taken into account, when they show it from 10 different angles in slow motion. I don’t think he could have done anything different to what he did in real time.

I’m not sure if the laws of the game still mean that should be a red, but I don’t really think it should.

• Upvote 1

I mean, literally everyone in the world except Glenn Hoddle, Jose Mourninho and Le Celso himself probably disagree with you there.

But in any case, the more important issue now is the suicidal way they handled it.

eesh

Spoiler

The bizarrest part of the last two acts of violence on Chelsea players is how close they are to the Chelsea dugout when they do it. And how blatant they are. Literally next to the entire Chelsea staff, yeah I'll just do a leg breaking stamp on one of your players..hang on he's just sliding in right now let's see if I can aim this right to wipe a year off his career. What possesses some players.

18 minutes ago, JPL said:

I’ve just been discussing it with my mrs and I’m not sure it should be a red. He was putting his foot down as the Chelsea players leg slid under it. He was unaware it was there until he stamped on him, then he tried to move away and was on his tiptoes as he looked round. It looked purely accidental to me with no intent or malice.

I also think the speed these things happen don’t seem to be taken into account, when they show it from 10 different angles in slow motion. I don’t think he could have done anything different to what he did in real time.

I’m not sure if the laws of the game still mean that should be a red, but I don’t really think it should.

Watch it. His entire movement is of a stamp.

Here's a video you can grimace at.

I'm not sure slow motion is so deceptive it can make a forceful determined stamp look like a player placing his foot on to the ground for balance. He literally leaps off into the air!

1 minute ago, Loik V credern said:

Watch it. His entire movement is of a stamp.

Here's a video you can grimace at.

I'm not sure slow motion is so deceptive it can make a forceful determined stamp look like a player placing his foot on to the ground for balance.

Fair enough. It definitely looks like a downward stamp, rather than him trying to kick the ball there.

The movement was clearly that of a stamp. It's a red card, there aren't many I've been more sure about.

He didn't even try to play the ball.

Le Celso won't receive retrospective action for his stamp, the FA have now confirmed. What an absolutely ridiculous state off affairs. 

That Burnley thing is as much about the utter farce that are the new handball rules as it is VAR. 

That rule needs changed in the summer. 

• Upvote 1

Thank God Barcelona were allowed to sign Braithwaite, else they'd have struggled and only win 4-0 today...

Why are Man City dressed like Opal Fruits? Especially since they have that natty Hacienda-inspired number...