Football Thread 2019/2020

gospvg

10 hours ago, Gotters said:

The money argument is always idiotic - its not about money or playing thru it (in most cases, if you've got a bad finger and aren't a goalie wrap it up and get on with it) - if I paid any forum member £10m and shouted at them a lot they wouldn't be able to beat Usain Bolt in a 100m race - that doesn't make them lazy. 

More to the point, if it were Bolt’s 150th race of the day and my first, I’d have every chance. 

It would take many fewer than that for him to lose to the 20th ranked runner (back when he was first)

2 hours ago, feltmonkey said:

His second was a fantastic goal. 

Ed Woodward and the Glaziers are still not convinced he was worth the money. 

Haaland was never going to sign for United. It was either The Totally Football Show or Football Weekly that mentioned that with social media Man Utd make money whenever they are linked to a player they were never going to sign which is what happened here. He's going to tear up the Bundesliga for a couple of years then move to Spain I expect. Or Bayern as is traditional with Dortmund's best players. 

1 hour ago, ryodi said:

City are going to score six or seven now.

I thought that but the game has been like anaesthetic.

FB_IMG_1580049534766.thumb.jpg.d924681f70eb21701e013475a49df663.jpg

We came to Manchester by mistake. We will never speak of this again. The bin man in the middle would probably rather be at work. Imagine the drive home.  

"We've still got the league Cyril. Take heart!"

Every time I've been to Barnsley with my father in law, we did corporate. Micky Mellon would be sat near us in the Grandstand. He was assistant manager at Barnsley. His language in front of his own kids was awful so I have a strange aversion to any team he's involved with. 

1 hour ago, neoELITE said:

I'd be surprised if Tranmere have any fans in the ground after the half time break. I'd go home. 

Differences between you and them one would suspect:

Most of the Tranmere fans live quite close so they won't bother going home yet.

They will also be pretty loyal fans, not entitled.

1 hour ago, Hamus said:

Differences between you and them one would suspect:

Most of the Tranmere fans live quite close so they won't bother going home yet.

They will also be pretty loyal fans, not entitled.

I'm a season ticket holder since 1986 of Plymouth Argyle. 

41 minutes ago, Hamus said:

What's this? Yellow card?! Not a red!

Lucky Liverpool again, look what happened for Fulham. Ridiculous.

"Lucky Liverpool" when the foul was outside the box :huh: LOL 

Ah well, never mind, one of those things, fair play to Shrewsbury they were the better team in the 2nd half and deserved it.

Klopp’s saying he won’t manage the replay and no senior players will play as they are on their winter break.

What nonsense - why did the FA schedule this winter break nonsense when replays might happen and would Liverpool have the same attitude if they were playing Man United?

5th round is midweek instead of Saturday as well for some reason. 

1 hour ago, Plissken said:

Same reason - the PL winter break.

(And it's the PL who scheduled it, not the FA. Best weekend for it, if you were an organisation looking to kill off the FA Cup.)

yeah but Liverpool could play a team. Klopp could manage them. It’s their fault that they’ve got this replay in the first place.

i wonder how much money Shrewsbury will lose because of this dickhead decision.

this doesn't look very good for the costliest glove butler in the history of football

it's just one stat in isolation (nobody would consider Lloris the second best goalie based on his wider performance) but it does back up the view you don't need to do much to score against Chelsea.