rllmuk
gospvg

Football Thread 2019/2020

8 minutes ago, Charliemouse said:

The double loss of Dembele and a fit Wanyama has basically ruined the entire team, then add a uninterested Eriksen and a rarely 100% fit Kane has affected us to the point to where we now look like a mid-table team at best.

I keep forgetting Wanyama even exists any more. Is he too injured to ever be good again? We need a midfield destroyer - maybe this will be Ndombele but I think José already has questions about his desire/attitude. Lo Celso looks good and is motivated so should replace Eriksen. A backup striker would be nice to have. Top 8 and cup runs are best we can hope for. 

6 minutes ago, Mr Do 71 said:

Frank Lampard. :bye:

I don't get the hate. He was one of the best English midfielders that ever played the game. His goal scoring record is amazing for a midfielder. He's gone to Chelsea and they can't sign anyone and they're probably going to qualify for Champions League football. He's also quite a nice guy.

• Upvote 5

It’s Mr Do. He hates him because he wasn’t a Man Utd player. 

• Upvote 3
  • Empathy 1

7 minutes ago, neoELITE said:

I don't get the hate. He was one of the best English midfielders that ever played the game. His goal scoring record is amazing for a midfielder. He's gone to Chelsea and they can't sign anyone and they're probably going to qualify for Champions League football. He's also quite a nice guy.

You're right.

Still you have an apparent Manchester United fan commenting on Frank Lampard, when little Ole is a truly awful manager. It is a dangerous game for sure.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Naysonymous said:

Hat trick on his debut. Erling Haaland is that rare example of a footballer with a famous dad being better than his old man was. 

Augsburg did make it very easy though, that high line.  :facepalm:

He could have got 4. Sancho did well but the best option was a simple square. 

It breaks your heart watching Eddie Howe at the minute. He’s doing a lot of self question answering and looks like he’s about to burst into tears in most interviews. I’d cry watching Bournemouth though I’m fairness to him, they are dreadful.

Fantastic result for us yesterday after being 2-0 down and playing so poorly in the first half. 

We massively need a signing or 2 in this window but I'm so chuffed that our current squad made some less patient fans eat humble pie with that comeback.

As for Bournemouth and Eddie Howe - no sympathy whatsoever. They can stink out the championship with their appalling gamesmanship and anti football. Should be an interesting battle to survive the drop.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, neoELITE said:

Is that down to Lampard doing a really good job or the other likely contenders for Champions League qualification being a bit of a mess this year? 

Compared to last season, after 23 games they had:

Tottenham 51 (31 this season)

Chelsea 47 (39 this season)

Arsenal 44 (29 this season)

Man Utd 44 (34-37 this season depending on how they do today)

He has done a solid job, bringing young players into the side the biggest positive, but he is being made look better due to the clownshows elsewhere. 

Having investigated the Leicester loss today I have concluded that by missing a second half penalty, it's... Jamie Vardy's fault.

The thing about blind point comparisons there is you can't tell if the top teams are faltering or if so called "Lower" teams have improved, and it's there Lampard has had the majority of his problems.

We were poor today against Burnley. Maddison is infuriating in how he shoots from everywhere and dives non-stop. We look lost without Ndidi. Pope played well but we should have done better with some of our chances, whereas Burnley put theirs away. Having a bit of a ropey period at the moment, think we need Liverpool to help us out with a result against United. 

The VAR decision against Liverpool is another one. It's a wrong decision, ages after the incident happened.

It probably evens itself out considering how lucky Liverpool have been.

6 minutes ago, Hamus said:

The VAR decision against Liverpool is another one. It's a wrong decision, ages after the incident happened.

It probably evens itself out considering how lucky Liverpool have been.

:lol:

• Upvote 4
  • Empathy 1

He’s probably referring to the goal in the reverse fixture that came about due to a player being fouled. I can’t remember who got the advantage that time though,

This is a crazy game. Liverpool just aren't going to score again.

I reckon man u will turn them over.

• Empathy 1

39 minutes ago, ryodi said:

He’s probably referring to the goal in the reverse fixture that came about due to a player being fouled. I can’t remember who got the advantage that time though,

Utd, again.

40 minutes ago, Hamus said:

:lol:

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Dudley said:

The thing about blind point comparisons there is you can't tell if the top teams are faltering or if so called "Lower" teams have improved, and it's there Lampard has had the majority of his problems.

I was discussing yesterday that only Liverpool, Sheffield Utd and Leicester are actually performing well this season. Man City are good but way below their par and everyone else is shit really, when you think about it. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Hamus said:

What an assist.

What will Ole complain about this time?

United are going places. Liverpool put out their strongest team. 

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Hamus said:

What an assist.

What will Ole complain about this time?

“It’s not the ‘90s anymore” which, to be fair, is an argument I can sympathise with. 

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, bradigor said:

United are going places. Liverpool put out their strongest team. 

Shame those places seem to be further and further away from the top of the league with every passing game.

1 hour ago, Hamus said:

Just seen this take :lol:

1 minute ago, bradigor said:

Carra and Keane :lol:

Love it!

I love that Keane's voice raises pitch when he gets agitated. Mine does the same. I used to work with someone who would go 'we got him' every time it happened to me. Carra's voice is already high pitch, he doesn't have any pitch room to move in to.

Thoughts turn to Molyneux on Thursday. @dr_manhattan^ and @Boothjan, how do you reckon your lot will play at home against Liverpool?

Are they inclined to sit in and invite them on, hoping to catch them on the break? Or will they go toe to toe with Liverpool?

I haven't watched enough of Wolves this season to give any realistic assessment.

Can someone explain to me how Trent Alexander Arnold consistently gets away with taking corners illegally? I've seen it several times this season. It's blatant!

• Downvote 3
  • Empathy 2