rllmuk
gospvg

Football Thread 2019/2020

Yeah I read that yesterday.  weirdly people seem to be going ape over the one bit that makes sense, namely the strict timings on a pitch you have booked for 1 hour rather than all the stuff that is absolutely batshit.

Pearson looks like he is going to help Watford escape. Bournemouth have just gifted them a goal with some suicidal passing out from the back, there was some excellent pressing from Watford though.

7 minutes ago, Loik V credern said:

I’m trying to make sense of Southampton having the same amount of points as Arsenal. 

Southampton (like Watford) were never as bad as they seemed and this Arsenal season has been coming for several years.

Obviously Liverpool are the best side in the league by some distance.  I don't want to sound like I'm doing them down, but Leicester are having an excellent season where four of the usual Big Six are having off years.

• Upvote 1

Bournemouth looked utterly bereft of ideas all game, didn't seem to be a single player with any fight and against a Deeney-Led Watford, they were always going to lose. Despite his dodgy past, latter-day Deeney is up there with my favourite characters in the Premiership. He must be a bloody nightmare to play against. 

Watching Villa v City was pretty grim.  Felt sorry for Villa in a way but after going 3 down they just didn’t even seem to want to try.  There was one point where someone had made a really good run at City’s defence, he was well away, turned around and literally no one had bothered going with.  At least, that’s how it looked.  

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Naysonymous said:

It's all for charity you know. 

Screenshot_20200112-181430_Chrome.jpg

I detest these things, what if we'd had a bunch of 0-0s?  "Enjoy your BBQ'd Koalas we guess".

9 hours ago, redbloodcel said:

But of an easy one if your memory isn't too Swiss Cheese'd but fun nonetheless:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51069290

I managed 15/19

16 here. Was making great time and then I had a complete meltdown halfway through and totally forgot about 

Spoiler

Bergkamp for about 2 minutes, somehow. Also I would never have got Saha.

Got 16 too, would have been half that without the given clues because brain memory low on RAM etc.

3 hours ago, Yobo Ahoy said:

16 here. Was making great time and then I had a complete meltdown halfway through and totally forgot about 

Reveal hidden contents

Bergkamp for about 2 minutes, somehow. Also I would never have got Saha.

I wish to complain that it rejects

Ole Gunnar Solskjær

If you spell it correctly because you can't spell it and googled the name.

I got 18 officially as I forgot to spell Van Nistlerooy correctly, then forgot to Google it to check. So spent last moments thinking about who I had missed who played for United. :facepalm:

25 minutes ago, Dudley said:

I wish to complain that it rejects

Reveal hidden contents

Ole Gunnar Solskjær

If you spell it correctly because you can't spell it and googled the name.

I just put ‘Ole’ in. 

Not keen on playing a team right after a humiliation. We've just had to play Everton following their loss to the Liverpool kids and next up are Villa after their thrashing at the hands of City. I just hope Eddie Howe can hold onto his job for 2 weeks so we can continue to benefit from Bournemouth's decline.