rllmuk
gospvg

Football Thread 2019/2020

Just now, Gotters said:

I'd say the cheating and shithousing is on a par, just we've had the ball more so had more opportunity to do it.

You were saying?

Can't have any complaints there. High, studs showing. Yep that's a red. Also not sure an ankle should bend like that. 

1 minute ago, skadupuk said:

You were saying?

yeah, probably a red but he was a late and caught him, don't think he set out to 'do him'

wish they'd let the ref go over and make the call on the monitor though, just doesn't make them look a cock being over ruled

6 minutes ago, bradigor said:

Can't have any complaints there. High, studs showing. Yep that's a red. Also not sure an ankle should bend like that. 

I hate it when I see someone's ankle go over like that, it always makes me feel a little ill.

Just now, skadupuk said:

The most Palace thing at this point would be to concede.

It's also the most Arsenal thing, this is like that thing about putting toast on a cat's back

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, wev said:

It's also the most Arsenal thing, this is like that thing about putting toast on a cat's back

At Palace our cats are made of butter.

• Upvote 1

Wishing the Arsenal players a speedy recovery from all their many, serious head injuries that required lying on the ground at times when (coincidentally) Palace were putting a good rhythm together.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

12 minutes ago, skadupuk said:

Wishing the Arsenal players a speedy recovery from all their many, serious head injuries that required lying on the ground at times when (coincidentally) Palace were putting a good rhythm together.

in the grand scheme of things you've done ok out of situations against us this season - a draw when we had a perfectly good winning goal disallowed by VAR and a Zaha yellow for diving was overturned to a pen, a VAR overturn yellow to red today and a massively deflected equaliser.

Maitland Niles booked today for first foul, Ayew fouled 7 times without a card. 

There was diving all round today, and Palace were just as shithouse as Arsenal - take your point and be happy with it. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

15 minutes ago, Gotters said:

There was diving all round today, and Palace were just as shithouse as Arsenal - take your point and be happy with it. 

Absolute garbage, the level of head injury fakes and time wasting was embarrassing from Arsenal, the rest of your post is irrelevant whataboutery.

But I suppose poor little Palace should just be so glad that big old Arsenal deemed us worthy to gift a point...

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Having praised NBC before I should say they just said Chelsea made an anti-racism announcement before the game and that's "Certainly never been heard before".

Bollocks, they've done it literally every game for at least a decade as part of kick it out.

20 minutes ago, skadupuk said:

Absolute garbage, the level of head injury fakes and time wasting was embarrassing from Arsenal, the rest of your post is irrelevant whataboutery.

But I suppose poor little Palace should just be so glad that big old Arsenal deemed us worthy to gift a point...

oh boo hoo.

you're team are as big a bunch of cheats so I just don't get the poor little us, we're upholding the morals of the game defence. Zaha shoved Torreira into his own man today, injuring him and seeing him taken out the game. There are your Corinthian ideals on full display.

its not 'whataboutery', you've been incredibly fortunate in both games with decisions and luck going for you. 

Arsenal cheated and dived today, so did Palace - the league is rife with it and it drives me mad. Only thing that annoys me more is myopic fans claiming their team don't do it and boo-hooing when others do. 

• Downvote 2

VAR again forensically checking a goal for offside while the framerate means the ball has clearly already left the attackers foot so they're forensically checking something that wasn't reality.

And then by that token they get it wrong for me, because if you accept that frame is correct, I think Burnley just about should have been awarded it.

If the lino hadn't flagged it initially I bet that stands.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Gotters said:

oh boo hoo.

you're team are as big a bunch of cheats so I just don't get the poor little us, we're upholding the morals of the game defence. 

its not 'whataboutery', you've been incredibly fortunate in both games with decisions and luck going for you. 

Arsenal cheated and dived today, so did Palace - the league is rife with it and it drives me mad. Only thing that annoys me more is myopic fans claiming their team don't do it and boo-hooing when others do. 

Faking a head injury isn't diving, Palace dive, Palace waste time, we aren't morally superior, my "poor little Palace" was a reference to your condescending "be grateful for your point."

This can't go anywhere really, best we agree to disagree.

4 minutes ago, Plissken said:

It is very, very Burnley to play 4-4-1-1 with 5 defenders on the bench and have one chalked off by a close VAR decision.

VAR are somehow upholding this penalty too, which is pretty mad imo.

1 minute ago, Adrock said:

@Gotters trying to draw equivalence between both teams when pulled up on your own team's gamesmanship is just as annoying as myopic fans.

I'm not trying to draw equivalence - I fucking hate it whoever does it

2 minutes ago, Dudley said:

VAR are somehow upholding this penalty too, which is pretty mad imo.

Unlike the offside, it's a judgmental decision. Odd how the big clubs get the benefit of those even on VAR.

(I'm jesting.  I haven't seen it.)

Fair enough.  I don't remember the Burnley player but he does go into a bit silly but pulls out of it and meanwhile the ball is gone and Willian is already on the way over before there's any contact at all.

Couldn't blame a ref for giving it in real time but first VAR replay I don't think you can.

Danny Ings is some striker, I really like him. He hit the crossbar twice in a couple of minutes and should have probably scored early in the game with just the keeper to beat.

He has been excellent today, a constant nuisance for the Leicester defence and he is unnerving them too.

Southampton have been the better team.

I've just seen a still of the VAR decision.  The line that "proves" Mee was offside has both Mee and a Chelsea player beyond it.  (So we still can't tell!)

• Upvote 1

And they just spend ages foresically examining if another one hit Tammy Abraham before it got slotted in by someone else.

NBC "accidentally" not turning down the crowd mics as there are loud chants of "Fuck VAR".

In other Palace V Arsenal news, some Palace fans nicked DT from Arsenal Fans TV's hat when we went to the Emirates earlier this season, and it was presented proudly on display in the Holmesdale stand today.

attachment.php?attachmentid=53160&stc=1&  

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Hamus said:

Something special today I feel. A special one.

Spurs are going to shock Liverpool, and hit at least 3.

How's it working out for you, so far?