rllmuk
gospvg

Football Thread 2019/2020

Hey @Naysonymous if you're going to try and say that Mee deliberately crocked Wesley then you might want to have a look at the full video instead of posting an out of context still.  (Should jump to 2m 15s)

Calm down Dyche! He didn't imply anything, all he did was post a photo that backs up the amount of time he is out.

Now that you show a video though, it's obvious that Mee wanted to leave a bit on him. :lol: Bloody Burnley. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Naysonymous said:

I was posting a picture of his injury because it's a pertinent piece of information. I'm sure Ben Mee is not that kind of player.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Naysonymous said:

I was posting a picture of his injury because it's a pertinent piece of information. I'm sure Ben Mee is not that kind of player.  

edit: Damn you @spork

30 minutes ago, Plissken said:

Sorry, but I've had a day full of Liverpool fans jumping on the bandwagon.

Those dastardly Liverpool fans!

2 hours ago, Naysonymous said:

Agreed with Watford. They've been in a false position. 

News at Villa Park seems to suggest that Wesley is out until September following his coming together with Ben Mee. He's not been great for long stretches of the season but he's the only centre forward in the squad so we are basically fucked unless we get someone in pronto.  

And we still don’t know the extent of Heaton’s injury which could be far more important. 

14 minutes ago, Alexlotl said:

If I was trying to hit someone hard enough to end their season, I don’t think I’d use my crotch to do it.

97ADB65D-FBF3-4F4D-8F10-DDC05D3A1FD2.jpeg.7a2e046c429eb56df8074b4fbe984427.jpeg

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Yobo Ahoy said:

We badly missed Deeney during his surgery, and Sarr took a while to settle in. The latter now looks a great prospect and well worth our record outlay. Him and Deuloufeu are flying at the moment.

Agree we did need a nutter to pull them into shape though, QSF is the supply teacher of football management.

My nephew's best mate is a groundsman at Watford. On one of the first days at the club, Pearson had all the attackers on one half of the pitch doing shooting practice. He then had all the defensive players lined up on the touchline at the other end and basically spent twenty minutes shouting at them all, telling them that it was their fault Watford were in the mess they were in. Came across as an absolute sergeant-major type but the players seemed to buy into it and respect him for it. He was supposed to have done something similar when Leicester had an awful run in 2014-15 and shortly after we won 7 of our final 9 to stay up. He's a scary guy, but backs his players when it matters and so gets their support. Hope it works out for you (and Pearson). 

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, BabelRich said:

And we still don’t know the extent of Heaton’s injury which could be far more important. 

Aaaaaaaaaand Heaton is fucked!

Will also miss the rest of the season. 

• Empathy 3

Jesus, that's rough luck. You're already battling against relegation and you lose your centre-forward and keeper for the rest of the season in the same match? I'll be rooting for Villa to stay up, because that seems sort of unfair. 

• Upvote 1

It's unclear, but the noises were that he would be back for Watford so presumably he's okay. Losing McGinn, Heaton and Wesley for months is awful for us. I've been fairly bullish about survival until now but this is really worrying. 

• Upvote 1
  • Empathy 1

Are Villa ok financially/FFP wise? Can they spend this month? I think this window will tell us a lot based the injury problems you have. 

I guess it would make sense to get a few loans in. A decent keeper should be simple enough on loan, a striker might be a bit more of a challenge. 

I think they'll stick with the keepers in the squad. Heaton is much better than Steer or Nyland but they'll do in a pinch. It's the striker issue which absolutely needs to be addressed, the upside is that we knew that from August so we've probably been looking all season anyway, it's just actually getting something done. 

With Southampton and Watfords upswing as well. Things aren't looking good for Villa! I don't know why, but I really wouldn't mind seeing Bournemouth downed this season. :lol:

Looks like my boys (Boro) are going to let Randolf go this window, I wouldn't be surprised to see Villa come in for him, he's a very good keeper but our young keeper has stepped up in his absence and we are pretty skint.

West Ham are looking like buying him back at the moment, after their second keeper turned out to be an absolute whopper.

28 minutes ago, Steely said:

I don't know why, but I really wouldn't mind seeing Bournemouth downed this season. :lol:

Because they are a bunch of cheating bastards and Eddie Howe is a twat? Plus they are a wolf in sheep's clothing, financially speaking.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Yobo Ahoy said:

Because they are a bunch of cheating bastards and Eddie Howe is a twat? Plus they are a wolf in sheep's clothing, financially speaking.

Maybe thats it. :lol:

2 hours ago, Naysonymous said:

I think they'll stick with the keepers in the squad. Heaton is much better than Steer or Nyland but they'll do in a pinch. It's the striker issue which absolutely needs to be addressed, the upside is that we knew that from August so we've probably been looking all season anyway, it's just actually getting something done. 

Rumours of a Batshuayi loan being enquired about. 

The Athletic reckons he'd rather stay at Chelsea at this point in the season. There are also some unsubstantiated rumours about Daniel Sturridge I got from a Villa fan at work today. That wouldn't be a bad shout, maybe?

Sounds like Chelsea are more keen to get shot of Giroud than Batsman, and they wouldn’t want to be completely without striking cover.

As a neutral (and FPL player), I wish Palace had bought Bats over the summer after his loan spell. 

2 hours ago, DirkCrisis said:

The Athletic reckons he'd rather stay at Chelsea at this point in the season. There are also some unsubstantiated rumours about Daniel Sturridge I got from a Villa fan at work today. That wouldn't be a bad shout, maybe?

There was talk of Sturridge pre season. I think we’ve had enough bad injury luck. 

• Upvote 1

Yeah, Sturridge as a solution for a striker injury crisis really is just pouring fuel on the fire.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Alexlotl said:

Sounds like Chelsea are more keen to get shot of Giroud than Batsman, and they wouldn’t want to be completely without striking cover.

As a neutral (and FPL player), I wish Palace had bought Bats over the summer after his loan spell. 

Certainly Giroud is much further out of favour.  Neither is a great striker right now but Bats actually has a reasonable scoring record as a sub.

Depends of course on if someone is coming in, they could both leave.  You'll open Bats bag when he arrives and find they've stuffed Giroud in there as well.

The crowd at Rochdale going all in on the Robbie Savage is a wanker chant and bizarrely BT Sport didn't turn down the microphones on the crowd and the Peter Drury stayed quiet so you can hear it clearly

• Upvote 6