Football Thread 2019/2020

23 minutes ago, ryodi said:

He isn't a random that's been pulled off the street, I'm sure he's had worse reactions that what he got from Bruce in his career. 

Which is why there are less and less young refs entering the game each year. They aren't free of critique, far from it, but that is just wrong. 

*may be biased, with my son planning on becoming a referee

14 minutes ago, bradigor said:

Which is why there are less and less young refs entering the game each year. They aren't free of critique, far from it, but that is just wrong. 

*may be biased, with my son planning on becoming a referee

I’m sure he’s not crying himself to sleep tonight. He’s made it to the top of his career, taking shit is part of the job, he hasn’t gone in blind, he’ll be fine, he’ll be pissing us all off soon. 

Expecting our first loss in 12 games today, Spurs just too good going forward. 

Think we’ll try to contain first half and go full throttle second half, but just expect Spurs to score one or two first half. 

Hope I’m wrong, I’ve been ill all week, train is 30 minutes late already and the toilet is blocked. 

Plus the election. 

1 minute ago, Stoppy2000 said:

I believe the better team lost. The rest all sounds a bit like sour grapes. 

José doing well so far. 

Indeed we were mainly terrible but sometimes that just the way it goes.

The midfield is the problem, we just don’t seem to be able to control games anymore.

Just now, Charliemouse said:

Indeed we were mainly terrible but sometimes that just the way it goes.

The midfield is the problem, we just don’t seem to be able to control games anymore.

If only we had a 100% fit Moussa Dembele back. And a motivated Eriksen. 

It was a great game. No sour grapes, as if you look earlier in the thread I expected to lose. 

The ref and the behaviour of VAR was heavily in Spurs’ favour however, any little thing that could benefit them was checked and nothing that could help Wolves. 

Adama was hacked down cynically three times second half with dangerous challenges. All three were given yellows. Should have been a red. 

When he went down in the box no check of course, but he was down for a few minutes having hurt his arm, ref just left him, physio had to come on without being called on. This actually led to the winner as Donk was caught in two minds. 

Harry Kane in the refs war all game. 

Ref is there to protect players. He failed. 

Spurs have great forwards and players. Wolves played really well today, a draw would have been unlucky for us. 

As for the Spurs fans, I’ve seen them this season and last and they just make no noise at all despite winning for the majority of those games. Nothing but that, quite like Spurs as a club. 

39 minutes ago, dr_manhattan^ said:

It was a great game. No sour grapes, as if you look earlier in the thread I expected to lose. 

The ref and the behaviour of VAR was heavily in Spurs’ favour however, any little thing that could benefit them was checked and nothing that could help Wolves. 

Adama was hacked down cynically three times second half with dangerous challenges. All three were given yellows. Should have been a red. 

When he went down in the box no check of course, but he was down for a few minutes having hurt his arm, ref just left him, physio had to come on without being called on. This actually led to the winner as Donk was caught in two minds. 

Harry Kane in the refs war all game. 

Ref is there to protect players. He failed. 

Spurs have great forwards and players. Wolves played really well today, a draw would have been unlucky for us. 

As for the Spurs fans, I’ve seen them this season and last and they just make no noise at all despite winning for the majority of those games. Nothing but that, quite like Spurs as a club. 

So, in summary, no sour grapes. 

21 minutes ago, dr_manhattan^ said:

No in summary, great game, Spurs made the most of their chances, Wolves unlucky to lose. 

I haven't seen the game but this sounds 100% correct. A draw would've been fine by me before the game. The top 4 race is taking a bit more shape now. 

46 minutes ago, Stoppy2000 said:

I haven't seen the game but this sounds 100% correct. A draw would've been fine by me before the game. The top 4 race is taking a bit more shape now. 

These things happen in football, the problem I have is that if the fouls Adama suffered had happened to a Spurs player there’s no doubt in my mind We’d have finished with ten men at most. 

Kane went down in my estimations today.