rllmuk
gospvg

Football Thread 2019/2020

What's the deal with the ticketing situation at Arsenal? I was thinking of going to tonight's match as I don't live too far away, but the official website said it was sold-out. However, when I was watching it I noticed loads of empty seats.

Why?

1 hour ago, Stevie said:

Can’t wait to watch AFTV.

I'm presuming it will just be exactly the same as every other episode. 10 mins of "(insert name of whoever is managing Arsenal) has got to go. I'm telling you bruv he has got to go." 

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Stevie said:

Can’t wait to watch AFTV.

WHEN'S IT GONNA END ROBBIE !!

:lol:

At the start of every AFTV after a defeat DT has the look of someone who could strangle a cat and feel no remorse. How Robbie doesn't burst into laughter to cope with the regular fury directed at him i don't know.

• Upvote 3

That was a good performance for us against an admittedly poor Arsenal. That said, the first 20 minutes or so of the second half was a bit more sketchy than I would have liked. 

Roll on Wolves on Sunday. Hopefully they're still susceptible to the curse of the blue and white stripe.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Pupponvesh 2 said:

What's the deal with the ticketing situation at Arsenal? I was thinking of going to tonight's match as I don't live too far away, but the official website said it was sold-out. However, when I was watching it I noticed loads of empty seats.

Why?

I put my seats up on the club exchange for the Brighton game, a pair. Sold one of them (which pretty much guaranteed the other wouldn't go as nobody buys singles usually unless its a huge fixture)

In general though they are much harder to get rid of than they used to be for some reason.

1 hour ago, DirkCrisis said:

That was a good performance for us against an admittedly poor Arsenal. That said, the first 20 minutes or so of the second half was a bit more sketchy than I would have liked. 

Roll on Wolves on Sunday. Hopefully they're still susceptible to the curse of the blue and white stripe.

We certainly seem to struggle with that particular arrangement of colours. Just hope we avoid Porto in Europe!

I’ll be there in Sunday. Went to both games last season where we managed to fail to score in both while having countless chances, so just scoring would be nice. 

• Upvote 1

Chelsea transfer ban halved, so they can sign players in Jan - this may not actually be a good thing for them as the direction with their academy players has been looking really promising.

59 minutes ago, dr_manhattan^ said:

We certainly seem to struggle with that particular arrangement of colours. Just hope we avoid Porto in Europe!

I’ll be there in Sunday. Went to both games last season where we managed to fail to score in both while having countless chances, so just scoring would be nice. 

Given that we're on the road to playing more attractive attacking football I think it'll be a better game to watch certainly moreso than the final 10 weeks of last season. Of course on paper Wolves should walk it but we have a better system now which may make it a bit more even.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, DirkCrisis said:

Given that we're on the road to playing more attractive attacking football I think it'll be a better game to watch certainly moreso than the final 10 weeks of last season. Of course on paper Wolves should walk it but we have a better system now which may make it a bit more even.

So long as Mooy plays you should be alright. Tends to have blinders against Wolves for some reason.

• Upvote 1

He was probably our best player against Arsenal last night. I'd love it if we got him on a permanent and wouldn't feel quite as bad poaching him now Huddersfield are turning it around with decent new management.

Having watched Town at Leeds Road on and off during the 80s when I lived there, whilst they aren't my first team I do feel an affinity towards them and always hope they do well.

• Upvote 1

I like Joe Cole as a pundit, he’s looking at one of Liverpools goals v Everton and says Mike Dean loves liverpool so much he’s pointing and telling them where to go - Jake humph apologies to the refs immediately and said it was a joke in typical TV 'nobody can have an opinion way'

I hope the bland suits don't try to take the humour and opinion out of him.

Plus good for Rodgers, most employers will take the piss out of an employee and drop them as soon as they can, or find a cheaper option, so I like to see somebody having some leverage and extracting some ££££ out of them. I'd do exactly the same at the drop of a hat whenever I could.

• Upvote 1

Watford targeting Zaha as per, wish he didn't have such a quick temper, certainly not helped by Atkinson giving him a yellow card for a Watford player sticking their leg out so he'd run into it (off the ball).

Regardless Palace just aren't tough enough for the physical teams, it's an almost certain 3 points for Watford if the temper/style of the game stays the same in the second half.

Sean Dyche will be ripping the legs off some of his players in the dressing room at half-time for those attempted tackles.

That Som goal is almost as good as the George Weah coast to coast classic, the difference being that the defenders at least tried to tackle Weah whereas Burnley just stood off him all the way.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, dr_manhattan^ said:

Amazing goal from Son.

3 points from 4th if we somehow manage to win tomorrow.  Point would be a good result though.

I was sure the top 4 was sealed up a month ago, but Chelsea have opened to door wide open. A string of goods results for you, Spurs and even United and Palace could see them drop out.

• Upvote 1