PC Engine Mini

...and they're doing the Megadrive mini. 

If they're on this project, I'll likely buy one. 

I own a Core Grafx with an Everdrive and I love it, but would also love to play the CD games, which is far more of a pain to sort out. 

• 5 weeks later...

I could it a bit weird that Konami didn’t put their own games on there in Parodius and Twinbee.

REALLY nice to see Ginga Fukei Densetsu Sapphire on there as that’s pretty much the most expensive game on the system.

48 minutes ago, BadgerFarmer said:

Was just coming to post that. But also this: https://kotaku.com/turbografx-16-mini-launches-in-march-with-50-ish-games-1836300247

It's a pretty damn good lineup overall. Definitely interested. But there are a load of untranslated Japanese games on there, which is fine for the most part. But Snatcher? Surely that'll need some English text?

You’ll be able to complete the trifecta of tiny 16-bit throwback systems on March 19, 2020,

It’s 8-bit you spanners. 

3 hours ago, SeanR said:

when they say "overlap" do they mean that the console will have EN and JP versions of the same game in it's count of 50

[edit]

Yes, yes they do.

This also means we will get Castlevania: Rondo of Blood. Tempting...

source.gif

But Snatcher will just be the untranslated Japanese version then? If it came with a translated version I'd pre-order it without hesitating.

I bought an imported PC Engine in the late 80's with a bunch of games. Best console I've ever had. Fantastic selection of shoot 'em ups and platformers and "quirky stuff" (with lots of fart jokes from what I recall). Day-1 purchase for me.

15 minutes ago, Kevvy Metal said:

Because the PC Engine has an 8-bit CPU but a 16-bit GPU? 

...just like the SNES then? 

Not just like the SNES, no. The SNES CPU can perform 16 bit operations (it has a 16 bit accumulator), the PCE’s CPU cannot.

11 hours ago, Keyboard Koala said:

One of the most haunting scenes from my early videogame memories was finding that can of suntan lotion:

The chances of getting it translated are about zero I take it, but Snatcher was a bloody great adventure back in the 90s

If it’s M2 that’s the kind of crazy stuff they do. It makes little sense to sell a machine that’s stuffed with japanese classics people can’t actually play.

1 hour ago, strider said:

If it’s M2 that’s the kind of crazy stuff they do. It makes little sense to sell a machine that’s stuffed with japanese classics people can’t actually play.

Is there still no confirmation on who's handling the emulation?

2 hours ago, strider said:

This is on the official pre-order site though:

Note: PC Engine titles in their original Japanese language.
Some of 50 retro games containing select titles overlap in both the TurboGrafx-16 and PC Engine lineup.

>> https://www.amazon.co.jp/b/ref=s9_acss_bw_cg_pdlcore_md2_w?ie=UTF8&language=en_US&node=6974564051&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-6&pf_rd_r=AY9B57MBT8GT726GNGGG&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=fd46107f-cf4a-4ddc-afa0-f1ff4a29245c&pf_rd_i=6974564051

Dunno really; the inclusion of both Rondo of Blood and Snatcher would've made it in instant pre-order, but the omission of Vigilante and the fact that the aforementioned games will be Japanese text only, has me thinking I should just get Snatcher on my PS Classic, and play Rondo of Blood on my PSP instead. Then again, I never had a PC Engine, so simply the hardcore 90s gaming image that comes with it, already makes it very appealing. Hmmmm. Decisions, decisions.