rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
HarryBizzle

Who Won E3 2019?

Who Won E3 2019?  

210 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I love Nintendo and dislike Microsoft but MS definitely won this year, Nintendo really didn't do anything unexpected or extra really.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

Purely in terms of who gave the best presentation it’s clearly Nintendo. I feel since the Smash Bros deep dive debacle their Directs have been masterclasses in keeping a diverse fanbase engaged and happy  - I thought today’s Direct was in particular was paced and structured so well, with some amazing reveals. You would have to work extremely hard to not find something in there to be excited about.

The Xbox conference started well and had undoubtedly the moment of the conference in Keanu, but completely went off a cliff in the last 20 minutes or so. However, the case the presentation made for Gamepass is incredibly strong, and despite the missteps later on I wouldn’t be surprised if it swings a significant number of curious people back in the direction of Xbox for the next generation.

The only memorable moment from the publisher conferences was the FFVII remake presentation - the rest was completely forgettable.

Gamepass won E3.

Shame we will not see the like from a once again complacent Sony, probably wouldn't offer good value for the Playstation gamer or such shit. :lol: 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

I'm going to give it to Microsoft based purely on Flight Simulator. 

I have no idea why but the trailer for that just connected with me in a way no game trailer has for years. In the space of 90 seconds I went from "oh that looks neat" to "give it to me now". I have zero personal history with flight sims but that instantly became my most wanted game after that awesome Ape Escape game Sony are cooking up for the PS5 launch (a man can dream right?). 

Valve lost E3. Epic announced some more exclusives and MS brought Gamepass to PC along with a new PC app/store that seems to be well received. 

Looking forward to seeing how Valve respond. 

Yeah CG trailers were the winners of E3. 

Personally Nintendo as we have No More Heroes 3, Astral Chain, Zelda and the the reveal of Banjo was bloody funny. 

Nintendo easily with MS 2nd. The rest were all poor.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, PC Master Race said:

B3lie... nope, can’t do it any longer. :( 

Yeah, it, was Nintendo. They showed actual game footage for one thing and the back half of the year looks crammed. 

I don’t know how everyone is so hyped for Nintendo’s endless stream of sequels and rereleases. Sure, BOTW2 is exciting, and Astral Chain looks great, but so much of it is just old games I can pay for again.

• Upvote 1

Konami did indeed win E3 by announcing the PC Engine Mini, the world’s most unlikely mini version of a retro console.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Broker said:

I don’t know how everyone is so hyped for the game industry’s endless stream of sequels and rereleases.

FTFY 

8 hours ago, PC Master Race said:

Gamepass won E3.

Shame we will not see the like from a once again complacent Sony, probably wouldn't offer good value for the Playstation gamer or such shit. :lol: 

Hurr but Sony won E3 by not being there hurr

16 minutes ago, Broker said:

I was hoping for better from Nintendo, especially after last gen.

Yeah I enjoyed the Direct but would have loved to have seen the next Splatoon or ARMS. It certainly makes the treehouses more interesting when they have new game mechanics to deep-dive into. 

MS for me by far, the sheer volume of gamepass stuff was brilliant + Keanu etc.
Ubisoft was fun, comedy Dance section and Helen in Watchdogs Legion was great, really looking forward to continuing our long Wildlands evenings with Breakpoint.
Nintendo is just not for me any more, I pretty much didnt care for anything at all apart fro Luigi's Mansion 3, didnt really get along with BoTW either so non hype at the end for me. Thought it was pretty much dire.
Bethesda, and SquareEnix didnt really do much for me personally.
Watched all of them on Facebook as a watch party this year with a bunch of people, was really fun all chatting and in sync with the video this year.

I mean, I’m absolutely on board with that. Aside from the BOTW sequel is was just the same endless parade of rereleases and no effort entries that has made up the Switch library since Odyssey came out. Over the last year or two, they’re not innovating, just repeating. It’s boring and disappointing if you’re not happy to just hand over money for the same games again.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

9 hours ago, PC Master Race said:

Gamepass won E3.

Didn’t they just allow EA Access on the platform?

I imagine the costs involved with setting up a service like that for PS4 are significant at a time when they don’t need it. I’d be amazed if they weren’t considering something like it for PS5. 

Sony! :)

Microsoft spectacularly somehow managed to kill any hope of me ever returning to Xbox again. They primarily showed a selection of 3rd party games that are out on PS4 anyway (most of which looked dull as dishwater and I have no interest in playing). Their First Party games looked great......for about 10 yrs ago and their next gen announcement was as exciting as watching paint dry. Not sure how but, they even managed to make a current gen Microsoft Flight Sim look waaaaaay more graphically impressive than a brand new Halo (yawn) running on their supposedly cutting edge next gen hardware!?!? Lol. Used to love my 360 and original Xbox......but man, Microsoft haven’t got a clue these days. More Gears, more Halo, more Forza. Dull as all fuck! Psychonauts 2 EXCLUSIVE!!! LOL!!! 

Nintendo’s show was ok I suppose. And by that I mean they showed a clip of BOTW2 which may be out sometime in the next 1-3yrs. Great! Not even finished the first BOTW yet! Also.....where’s Pikmin 4, Bayo 3, new Wave Race, new F-Zero, Metroid Prime 4, brand new first party IP? Same every E3!

So yeah, the games I already own and have yet to play/complete on PS4 and Switch are more appealing to me than most of the stuff revealed at this years E3. Nintendo have carved out a good section of the market for themselves with the Switch, which is a quality console. However, Sony are clearly now light years ahead of Microsoft (who seem increasingly desperate - Gamepass for £1?!?!?) in terms of both the wealth and breadth of quality games they offer, many of which are console exclusive and many of which are first party to boot. Factor in PSVR and the PS5 being rumoured to be more powerful than Project Scarlett and Sony pretty much have next gen locked down and in the bag at this point. No wonder they didn’t need to turn up! :)

• Downvote 1
  • Empathy 1

1 hour ago, Broker said:

I mean, I’m absolutely on board with that. Aside from the BOTW sequel is was just the same endless parade of rereleases and no effort entries that has made up the Switch library since Odyssey came out. Over the last year or two, they’re not innovating, just repeating. It’s boring and disappointing if you’re not happy to just hand over money for the same games again.

Thank God Microsoft were there to save us with more Gears, Halo, Forza and Minecraft. Nearly all the interesting stuff at their conference was third party multiplatform releases. Their first party is stale as fuck. At least Nintendo cycle between more than about four bloody franchises.

2 hours ago, Broker said:

I don’t know how everyone is so hyped for Nintendo’s endless stream of sequels and rereleases. Sure, BOTW2 is exciting, and Astral Chain looks great, but so much of it is just old games I can pay for again.

And lots of it isn't.

And most of the other stuff from everyone else is the same anyway.

1 hour ago, Broker said:

100% this. I don’t quite understand what was great about Nintendo’s E3 showing outside of a brief Zelda announcement.

We knew DQ and Banjo were in Smash.

We already knew about Links Awakening, Luigi’s Mansion and Animal Crossing look as expected. The latter has slipped to 2020. Witcher 3 on Switch leaked and is sub-optimal and a bad fit for the system. No Metroid or Pikmin. No SNES Online or Gamecube remasters.

The rest is great if you love JRPG’s or derivative stuff like Daemon X Machina / Astral Plain.

There were no big third party surprises or first party IP’s announcements outside of Zelda.

35 minutes ago, Fully Aspel said:

Psychonauts 2 EXCLUSIVE!!!

It's not exclusive.

1 minute ago, grindmouse said:

derivative stuff like Daemon X Machina

haha wat

I’m not really sure I understand? As I obliged to say that it’s also bad when Sony and Microsoft churn repetitive shite, just in the interest of some BBC style “fairness”?

If that’s necessary then sure, the Halo trailer was embarrassing and Gears was the worst ten minutes of e3. I’m not saying anything bad about Lego Forza though.